J'ai peur [11]

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As soon as they arrived in Busan, they were sent right away to the location to help the doctors in a medical mission. Since the two of them are assigned in different groups, Eunbi just can't help but worry about Sakura, most especially when she didn't find her by lunchtime. She walked around the beach looking for her. She found her by the shoreline, holding a book, animatedly talking to some kids. Eunbi smiled, it was such a nice view to see Sakura smiling again.


She brought a kimbap and sat beside Sakura on the sand. She frowned when the kids bid their goodbyes since she was expecting to talk to them as well.

 

"I brought you this because I know you skipped lunch."

 

Sakura smiled and thanked her. She proceeded to silently eat the food while looking at the sea.

 

"What specialty would you choose, Kkura?"  Eunbi asked, she remembered she hasn't asked Sakura about it before.

 

"Anesthesiology," Sakura replied short.

 

"Why? Is that serious? I thought you'll go with Neuro or Cardio maybe."


Sakura shook her head and chuckled, "I'll choose anesthesiology because I don't want people to feel pain. I want to block all the pain in the world."


Sakura saw how Eunbi's shoulders slumped and she dropped her head low. he felt bad for Eunbi, she doesn't want the older girl to misunderstood.


"It's not about you, Eunbi," Sakura assured, she had a sad smile plastered on her face. "It was because my mom succumbs to cancer and the pain was too much for her, and also for me. I mean, people judgments. But definitely not about you."

 

"I'm sorry, Sakura."

 

"Stop. It's not your fault." Sakura suddenly stood up, she dusted off her pants and extended her arm for Eunbi.

 

"Do you want to go walk around here with me?"

 

Eunbi broke out into a huge smile as she took Sakura's hand. "Okay, let's go."

 

 

****

 

Eunbi was so tired all afternoon, there were a lot of people of visited the medical mission, she was going back and forth and walking all around writing name's and distributing free medicines to the patients. Around 7 pm when their group was able to finish everything. She excitedly went to their room thinking that Sakura was there but she's nowhere to be found.

 

When she went out, Eunbi saw Yena about to enter her room.

 

"Hey Yena, have you seen Kkura?"

 

Yena nodded, "She didn't tell you? She left around 4 pm, she said there's someone she needs to meet."

 

Eunbi frowned. "Who?"

 

But she was answered with a shoulder shrug by Yena. "I'm not sure, but he's tall, he came by the tent earlier to pick her up.

 

"He?!"

 

Eunbi didn't wait for an answer, she went back to her room and tried to call Sakura several times but her phone is out of reach, her text messages were left unanswered too. She didn't like it that someone picked her up, most especially it's a guy, she's somewhat worried that Sakura finally started to entertain someone.

 

 

*****

 

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kang." Sakura bowed to the driver as soon as she got out of the car. She walked inside the restaurant and was greeted by the server who leads her to a private dining room in the corner. Sakura was greeted by the woman with a kind smile.  

 

"I hope I didn't disturb you."

 

"Oh no, Mrs. Kwon. Don't worry about it," she assured.

 

The older woman frowned. "What did I say?"

 

Sakura gave a shy smile, though she has been meeting Eunbi's mom for multiple times, she's still shy to call her mom.

 

"I'm sorry eomma."

 

The older woman smiled, they started to eat and she asked about Eunbi.

 

"We're roommates right now, Eomma. Eunbi has been doing okay at school. Her grades are quite high and she's been doing voluntary works."

 

Mrs. Kwon was very pleased with the news, she knew that Sakura has really been a great influence on her daughter and if she's gonna make the decision she wanted Eunbi to end up with Sakura.

 

"Your relationship.. is it okay?" The older woman asked with a careful tone.

 

Sakura nodded. "Were friends. We talk a lot now than before."


"That's good, I hope you wouldn't give up right away."

 

Sakura answered with a chuckle. Mrs. Kwon really likes Sakura. She reminded her a lot of her own self back when she was trying to finish her degree in business school to have a better life. She thinks that Sakura's positiveness, kindness, and welcoming nature is the reason why Eunbi fell hard for her. It's just too bad that Mrs. Kwon couldn't tell Eunbi about their closeness because she doesn't want her daughter to think that she's interfe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter