Meet the Parents.

Unwanted Distance

“Will mom and dad be sleeping?” Gui Gui asked holding onto Jolin’s hands tighter.
“I don’t know, sorry” Jolin whispered as she picked Gui Gui up, hoping it would comfort her a bit more.
“Jie Jie, lets walk slower ok?” Gui Gui asked as she turned around to hug Jolin back and closed her eyes.
“Ok, I love you baby sister” Jolin whispered into her ears as she gently kissed her soft baby cheeks.
“I love you too Jie Jie,” Gui gui mumbled, slowly drifting to sleep
Jolin smiled to herself as she walked slower allowing Gui gui to have a few more min of peace. As Jolin slowly walked through the silent night, she took a chance to look around her path, and noticed new details she has never noticed before. Like how many nests there are in different trees, or the beautiful garden some family have. But before she knew it her house was just a few meter’s ahead of her.
“Gui Gui, were home” Jolin gently shook Gui Gui.
“Mm...ok,” Gui Gui mumbled again as she rubbed at her sleepy eyes.
“Yea” Jolin was now in front of their house, she let Gui gui down and held her close to her as they walked closer towards the house.
“YOU B****! WHERES MY BEER!” a man shouted in a loud voice coming from Jolin’s house.
“I...I...I’m sorry, I don’t have any money to buy beer for you, I’m so sorry” a women was whimpering inside.
“Jie Jie,” Gui gui cried as she grabbed tightly onto her sleeve.
“It’s ok, you stay outside, go hide over there I’ll go in, ok?” Jolin pointed over at a small bush far enough so if their parents came out they wouldn’t find her.
“No, you can’t go in by yourself” Gui gui cried warm tears now clinging to her pink cheeks.
“It’s ok, don’t worry baby sister, I’ll be alright, now go hide before dad comes out, please” Jolin hurried in a whisper, pleading Gui gui to hide.
Gui gui just nodded and walked off to where Jolin was pointing and bent down into a ball and cried soft tears. Rocking back and forth, waiting for Jolin to come back out to get her.
Jolin took a deep breath as she watched Gui Gui walk away towards the bush she pointed for her. Once she saw Gui gui reach the bush she turned to face the front door. She felt her knees wobble, but she knew she had to go in and set things right so Gui Gui can sleep in a more quite environment. She took another deep breath before she slowly walked towards the door.
----------------
Jolin’s POV
----------------
I can do this; I have to, for Gui Gui. I could hear mom whimpering and crying out for help. Dad must be beating her again for not bringing him beer. Why can’t he see that he has already driven mom mad. She’s not even capable of keeping herself sane. How do you expect her to bring home beer? I looked back again at Gui Gui, I knew she was crying she’s scared. I wish I could just walk back and hold her and calm her down. But I can’t I have to go in. I was now at the door; I reached out my hand and rested my hand on the cold door knob. Cold, how ironic I thought. I twisted the knob slowly; the door gave off an eerie creek as I slowly pushed it open. The lights were dim inside but there was one bright light off to the side. I could see mom kneeling on the ground in the living room holding her head, protecting herself from all the blows my dad is inflicting upon her. I clenched my jaws tight, and walked in quietly. *crack* the floor, I groaned and looked over at my parents, who now have their attention on me. I let out a quick whimper as I lifted my hands above my head.
“WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN YOU F****** !” My father yelled as he walked over to me raising his hand high above his head ready to smack me.
I closed my eyes shut, ready for the wave of pain, but there wasn’t any. Instead I heard a small yelp. I opened my eyes and saw Gui Gui face down on the floor, her nose bleeding, her face now red from the hit. Tears came pouring down my eyes.
“GUI GUI” I screamed as I hurried over to my sister
I hurried and picked her up and carried her over to the side, and set her down and stepped in front of her. I glared straight into my father’s eyes sending as much hatred and anger as I can. My father noticed the hatred and walked towards me and now with his hands raised high again. Without anyone to block me, the pain exploded in my head. I was knocked onto the ground. I quickly stood up I bit my lips to keep the tears from the pain to come through. I have to show him I’m strong. I looked behind him hoping my mother would see my pleading eyes. Hope that my loving mother would come back and help me. No luck, I’m on my own. I have to protect Gui Gui, at least until my father gets tired. I looked back at my father. He was better when he’s drunk. At least he wouldn’t get mad and hurt Gui Gui. I looked back at Gui Gui who was still unconscious. I clenched my fist tightly, ready for his next blow. Unsurprisingly it came, again and again until I was no longer able to stand. I kept my eyes open, I had to keep an eye on Gui Gui. I dragged my body with all the strength I had left over to Gui Gui and hugged her keeping her away from my father. The beating was less painful now. I was numb, I could no longer feel the pain anymore. Slowly the beating has slowed down. He’s tired, any min and he will give up and leave. I waited it out, my jaws now sore from biting down hard. I let out a whimper and my tears came flowing down, as the beating stopped. I hear him, he turned around and with slow but sure steps he was out of the living room. I breathed out and let my muscles loose, as the pain settled in. I closed my eyes and stayed still for a couple more min making sure he wasn’t coming back. I took another deep breath, opening my eyes to make sure Gui Gui is ok. She’s breathing. I picked her up and carried her up to our room. Finally, it’s quite. I gently place Gui Gui down on our bed and turn around to look for the first aid kit I got and hid under the bed. I took out some rubbing alcohol and cotton balls. I gently dabbed at Gui Gui’s face. Not bruised and scratches, by the ring on fathers hands. After applying medication to Gui Gui I got up and headed to the mirror and slowly cleaned up the cuts that have been placed on my skin. Wincing at the pain, I smeared medication over it. I put away the first aid kit after I finished taking care of our wounds, carefully placing the box under our bed making sure nobody will be able to find it. I climbed into bed with Gui Gui and pulled the covers over. Hopefully we can sleep peacefully now.
------------
End POV
------------
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the bad language if it bothers anyone its just emphisis on his rage
Not very confident but i hope ppl are still reading

<!--Chapter end-->