Forget Me Not

Unwanted Distance

“Aaron?” Gui Gui peaked from behind Ya tou’s mom.
“Gui Gui! I need to give you something!” Aaron said urgently, looking around making sure there was nobody else around.
“Can I go outside for a bit then?” Gui gui asked politely as she looked up to Ya tou’s mother.
“Of course, don’t take too long ok?” Ya tou’s mother smiled and gently touched her cheek and went back inside leaving Gui Gui and Aaron alone outside.
“Gui Gui, I....”
“You what? Did you want to give me something?” Gui Gui asked curiously.
“Oh right, this” Aaron fishes into his pocket to find the ring.
“Ooo... it’s so big how will it ever fit my finger?” Gui Gui asked amused at the intricate designs on the outside of the ring.
“I don’t know but I want you to have it. It’s from my.... father,”
“It must be very important, why are you giving it to me?”
“I...I...I’m moving away...I don’t know for how long I don’t know where...but will you promise to remember me? I’ll promise to come back to find you one day,” Aaron gulped down a lump of air as he finished.
“What? Why are you leaving?” Gui Gui asked as tiny tears start to appear at the edge of her eyes.
“Please don’t cry, I didn’t mean to make you cry, please”
“Why are you leaving?” Gui gui said as tears started to stream down her pink cheeks.
“Please, I don’t have a choice, please” Aaron said barely above a whisper.
“Ok, I’ll remember you, but you have to promise you’ll come back to find me” Gui gui said between her small soft sobs.
“I promise, Gui Gui, anything, please don’t cry anymore” this time Aaron said in a panic.
“Pinky swear it” Gui Gui held out her pinky as her other hand attempted to wipe away at her tears.
“Ok, Pinky swear,” Aaron looked at Gui Gui’s face now with a tiny hint of smile.
Aaron smiled back and gave Gui Gui a hug that he will remember forever. Gui Gui stopped sobbing and returned his hug. Both young children with their background kept secret from each other. Will they ever find each other, find happiness again? Is this unwanted distance forever going to stay? They don’t know with their hearts only filled with naive thoughts of happiness that may come.
“I have to hurry back now” Aaron pulled away unwillingly.
“ Oh, ok” Gui Gui said looking back down at the ground.
“Don’t worry I promise I will come back to find you, ok?” Aaron said before letting go of her completely and turning around and running back home.
“Bye bye Aaron ge ge” Gui Gui whispered as she waved slowly at Aarons back as he slowly disappeared from her sight.
-----------------------------------------------------------
ehhh another chapter =]