Home?

Unwanted Distance

“Hey, Jolin jie jie, are we really going home?” Gui Gui asked with eyes hoping Jolin would say no.
“Of course not baby sister, I would never leave you alone at home, would you like to go play with Ya tou?” Jolin smiled hoping Gui Gui wouldn’t sense the pain behind the smile.
The sisters didn’t hate going home, it was just home wasn’t home anymore. It was a long time ago when they were a happy family. Until their father became an alcoholic addict and lost his job, and taking out his anger at their mother who now is suffering in a depression so deep that she now takes drugs and keeps herself in her imaginary happy place. Of course, the cruel reality wasn’t fitting for Jolin’s cute, and innocent sister Gui Gui who is only 3.
----------------
Jolin’s POV
----------------
I wish I could do something for Gui Gui, it pains me as an older sister to see sadness in those tiny eyes of hers. Her hands always grab onto mine tighter whenever we near “home”. She’s scared to go home. How I wish I could protect her and give her a better surrounding to live in. Why did God do this to us, to her? Have we done something to make him punish us like this to punish my innocent little sister?
--------------
End POV
--------------
“Ok!” Gui Gui’s frown quickly turned into a smile her eyes with her usual twinkle again.
“Good, because jie jie needs to go work, ok?” Jolin smiled at the instant smile her sister gave.
“Oki! Jie jie did I tell you today how happy I am to have a great sister like you?” Gui gui giggled.
“Haha, thank you. Then, have I told you how adorable my little sister is?” Enjoying this happy moment with her little sister as she picked her up off the ground and carried her all the way to Ya tou’s house.
They reached Ya tou’s house in no time as they laughed and giggled their way there. Jolin knocked on the door.
“Who is it?!”
“It’s me, Jolin!”
“Oh, why, hello, Ya tou is just inside drawing, Gui gui why don’t you go find her” Ya tou’s mother smiled and offered.
“OKI!” Gui gui gave Jolin a last hug and gave her a peck on her cheeks “I love you jie”
“I love you too Gui gui” Jolin smiled as she let Gui gui down and watch her run inside to find Ya tou.
“So, how are you doing?” Ya tou’s mother kindly asked in concern.
“I’m doing ok, really, thanks a lot for taking care of Gui Gui for me. I really appreciate it, I-“
“No, don’t say no more, really, it’s my pleasure. Gui gui is a sweet girl it’s nice having her around the house she’s a good girl you don’t need to repay me in any way, just be careful at work, alright?”
“Thank you so much” Jolin replied, so happy that she wanted to cry but she kept the tears back and smiled.
Unexpectedly Ya tou’s mother pulled Jolin into her arms and gave her a very warm hug that Jolin has longed for, it’s been 3 years since her mother has hugged her like this. With so much warmth. As hard as Jolin tried to keep the stinging tears from her eyes to fall it still came in a rush.
“It’s ok to cry Jolin, you’re just a child. You don’t deserve this much responsibility and pain” Ya tou’s mother whispered into her ears.
“Please, don’t tell Gui gui, I don’t want her to worry about me” Jolin croaked as she wiped at her tears.
“Of course, I wouldn’t think of it” She said as she gave Jolin a soft gentle smile and wiped away the rest of her tears.
“Thank you” was all Jolin could make out before leaving for work.
---------------------------------------------------------
I tried haha i know its short but im trying, sorta thinking and typing as i go =P
hope you like it