Her Song.

Unwanted Distance

------------
Jolin's POV
------------

I didn't want to look back as I walked out the door. I couldn’t let anyone see the fresh tears that are now caressing my cheeks. once I got out the door I wiped at my eyes hoping that I can clear off my tear stained face, knowing I couldn’t show up to work like this either.

                I walked at a steady pace towards the music store. As I headed towards work, I used the reflection from the windows of the different shops I was passing by to make sure I looked decent enough to show up for work. I really wish dad could go back to the way he was. I wish our whole family could go back to the way it was 3 years ago. I quickly gave myself a mental wake up as I reached the music store.

                Jay was waiting for me all smiles as usual. I smiled and waved back.

“Hey, morning!” Jay shouted out as I slowly closed the distance.              

“Hey,” I called back stirring up the best smile I can.

                I started to walk faster remember the peace Jay brought to me while working with him. I wanted another taste of it now. To feel at peace, normal, and maybe even loved.

-------------

End POV

-------------         

--------------

Jay’s POV

---------------

                I wonder if Jolin is ok, her eyes look a bit swollen like she was just crying. She’s also got some bandages that weren’t there the last time I saw her. No, I can’t ask, it’s none of my business. She might think I’m too busy body. I guess all I can do now is try to make her smile.

“Ready for another day at work?” I tried lightening the mood that was starting to darken as the silence stretched.

“Sure, it’s nice working here.” She smiled slightly.

“Oh, really? You really like working here?” I pushed on attempting to make conversation as best as I can.

“Yup,” She replied as she walked away to help the coming customer.

                I watched as she put up her plastic smile that still seemed to put a smile on customer’s faces. I wish I could just make her really smile again like she did last time we worked together. When her smile is  true it’s so beautiful and enchanting.

-------------

End POV

-------------

                It was a long day at work for both Jolin and Jay. After working in silence for what seemed like hours to the two, Jay decided to play the piano.

“Hey...would you like me to play a song?” Jay asked timidly.

“Sure!” Jolin beamed eagerly.

                Jay blushed furiously but turned around quickly towards the piano so Jolin wouldn’t notice. Jay gracefully stepped up the two steps onto the grand piano on display, making sure there were no customers left. He played a beautiful melody that came from deep inside. It had a happy skip to it yet had a sorrowful melody mixed in it. As Jay played, Jolin slowly walked up closer closing her eyes enjoying this peaceful moment. Jolin felt as if the feelings she had now were being played out through the piano. She slowly started to hum and dance to the wonderful melody. As the song came to a stop, Jay looked up to find Jolin humming and twirling around gently to herself.

“Um....do you like it?” Jay asked barely above a whisper.

“Huh, you stopped...” Jolin blushed wondering how long the song had stopped.

“Yea, sorry...” Jay said a little embarrassed.

“Haha, no don’t be, and yes I love the song. What’s it called?” Jolin asked.

“I...just made it, it’s your song,” Jay slightly smiled, glad that Jolin loved his work.

“Wow! Your amazing, the melody is so wonderful, will you play it for me again next time?” Jolin jumped clasping her hands together, hoping he would accept her request.

“Sure,” Jay said looking away scratching his head.

“Hey, you two it’s time to close” The manager calls out from the back door.

“YES SIR” Jolin and Jay called out at the same time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey so sorry for the long wait i finaly got my word back and runnng so i should be posting more often whenever i have time. =] hope i still have readers.