Four

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Something else

 

"So I guess that means we are all going to see Jinyoung hyung and his son."

Mark was without a doubt brought back to his senses when he heard what Bambam had just announced. He is still seated on the couch, in front of him is Jackson, while Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam circled around them both. 

The way Bambam said it is like it's the most normal thing to say, or to suggest for them to do. Visiting Jinyoung and his... h-his... his son... do they really need to do that? Is he in that kind of relationship with Jinyoung that he could actually pay him a casual visit? Sure, the younger ones can go and visit their Jinyoung hyung, and of course Jackson definitely could. For all he knows, Jackson might have already visited them. The chinese said that Jinyoung told him not to tell Mark that he already came back to Seoul, right? That only means they already talked, so maybe Jackson did already come and meet Jinyoung the day he returned. 

"Why?" Mark finally asked. "Why would we go and see him?" But seeing how his friends fell silent, makes Mark think that maybe he shouldn't have asked. 

"Aren't I supposed to be making popcorn?" Youngjae said, standing up and taking the metal bowl with him. "Be back in a bit, guys."

When Youngjae left, he heard Yugyeom hiss and throw a nagging look at Bambam which the Thai just shrugged at. "Yeah I don't think we really should be in a hurry in seeing hyung. We could visit him when we're free-"

"I think we could all go this weekend. We all have our day-off from work on Saturday." He saw how Yugyeom nudged on the Thai's elbow muttering a low aish, Bambam as he shakes his head. "What? What am I doing wrong?" But Bambam seems to have no idea.

But thinking about it, is there something for Bambam to consider? After he returned from L.A. three years ago, Mark made sure he doesn't look like the broken man he was right after things between him and Jinyoung had crashed and burn into ashes. He made sure that he puts up the look which ought to tell his friends that he's already okay, that he has moved on from that painful memory. At first, they were not really believing him and were really sensitive for his feelings, careful of not mentioning anything about Jinyoung nor Jaebum. But he was the one who insisted that he's already fine and isn't bothered by it. So, now that Jinyoung is back, he should not be affected, right? or at least try to show them that he isn't. 

"Wouldn't we all want to know how hyung is doing? Especially now that he already has a kid? Aren't you all curious about how the kiddo looks like?" Bambam keeps on talking. Youngjae is also listening while making popcorn. Everyone aside from Bambam has that kind look on their faces- a mixture of worry, and sympathy. "And besides, don't we all miss Jinyoung hyung?"

Of course they would, his friends would miss Jinyoung. Ever since they've been together, Jinyoung has been really close to the guys. They've gotten really close that they were also torn between the two of them when they broke up. Their friends were also affected by their break-up.

Mark heard a small and soft 'we do' from the guys which only made Bambam exclaim, "See? We all do miss him. So let's visit him this Saturday, alright?" He could only sigh. "And besides, he's gonna need some help with Jio."

Mark looked at Jackson with a question mark written on his face. That's when Jackson cleared his throat and started talking. "You see, Jaebum is going to leave for Jeju tomorrow so that means Jinyoung will be left to taking care of Jio alone."

 

Up until Mark reached his apartment and had already laid on his bed, he still keeps on thinking what made him agree to Bambam's suggestion of visiting Jinyoung. 

Is it because he just wanted Bambam to shut up?

Is it because he also wants to see the little kiddo, Jio?

Or is it because he after a series of denying is somehow looking forward to seeing Jinyoung again? And whether he is ready or not, it's not a question which bothers him anymore.

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

"Done for today's work?"

Mark was fixing his things when he heard Eun-a, an officemate of his, ask behind him. Turning his head, he saw the twenty-five year old lady leaning on the side of his cubicle, with her arms crossed.

He nodded before zipping up his backpack. "Yeah, fortunately." He heard her humming a response before she actually talked.

"Since it's Friday... do you have any plans for the night?"

And although Mark knows he is far from making any Friday night plans since he is usually tired after a day's work, "Yeah. Me and the guys have this bros' night scheduled so..." he shrugged.

Before Eun-a could say anything else, Mark wore his backpack and faced her. "I'll go ahead now. See you on Monday." That and he left his cubicle and head towards the elevator.

Eun-a was always trying to get his attention ever since they started working together. It's obvious that his officemate had taken interest of him and basically makes it clear that she wants him to date her but, if before Mark wasn't that interested in dating, well now he has no interest at all.

 

That night after he has taken a shower and was about to head to bed, he received a text message from Bambam, a group message reminding them all about tomorrow and that is visiting Jinyoung and his son. Mark just replied with an okay sign before putting his phone on his drawer. 

While he was drying his hair with his towel, his mind suddenly went back to that day... about six years ago...

 

"You really need to buy a bigger bed, hon." he heard Jinyoung saying while they were cuddling on his bed. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and Jinyoung just finished reviewing that's why his boyfriend has time to laze around with him.

Mark just hummed while clasping his hands together, keeping Jinyoung inside his arms. His chin resting on the younger's shoulder. He always enjoyed this close proximity where he could feel Jinyoung's warmth and feel his breathing. "I don't think my bed is that small, though. See how it could fit us both right now?"

"But there is such a little space for us to move."

"Why? Are we performing some martial arts or exhibitions here?" He asked laughing. "And besides, don't you always love cuddling?"

"I do, but this bed of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter