✤ J I N Y O U N G ✤

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jio..." 

Jinyoung cooed on his son who is still fast asleep on their bed, and is even drooling. He finds him cute, but glancing on the digital clock which read 4:30 a.m., Jinyoung knows he has no time to get swayed by his son's cuteness because they both need to move. Jaebum is already in the shower, and Jinyoung is well aware that they cannot miss their flight.

So with another gentle tap on his son's shoulder, Jinyoung tried again. "Jio, come on baby. You need to get up." But his son just kept on rolling on the bed, refusing to do what he's being told. 

Just then, he heard as the bathroom door opened, revealing Jaebum who is wearing a robe and is drying his hair with a towel. "He's still not getting up." Jinyoung whined.

When the older saw him having a hard time on waking up his son, Jaebum only laughed. "Wonder who he's got it from."

This made him pout and wave his hands in defense. "Certainly not from me. I've always been a morning person." Jaebum however didn't seem to mind what he said and just went towards the closet to get his clothes. 

 

It has been five years since him and Jaebum flew to Japan where they both raised Jio. Those past five years have been fruitful and Jinyoung never wanted to leave, but Jaebum's job required them to. Jaebum got reassigned and is now set to work in Jeju. After five years of being away, it's now time to return. Jinyoung isn't sure yet if he's ready.

 

When they heard the announcement that the plane has already landed, Jinyoung just looked outside the window and inhaled a huge breath. Jio is sleeping with his head on his lap. A two hour flight might have exhausted the his son, since he still hasn't got a proper sleep. As he played with his son's hair, Jinyoung's mind gets filled with certain thoughts. Five years ago, he has left matters unresolved. He chose to leave because he thought there was no reason for him to stay anyway. But now... now that he's back... what exactly is he hoping for?

A soft touch in his hand got his attention back. When he turned to his side, he saw how Jaebum is looking at him with those sincere and warm eyes. "Just in case you need to hear this..." Jaebum trailed off, brushing his thumb against his knuckles, giving his troubled heart a soothing feeling. "...I am still with you on this, alright? We have talked about this already and we agreed that this is what all of us need. This is what I need. This is what you need. And this is what Jio needs."

Jinyoung can't do anything but heave a deep breath as he stared back at those eyes.

"There's still a lot of things which you need to settle. You and I both know that, Jinyoung." Giving his hand one last gentle squeeze, Jaebum continued. "And I trust you, to know what is the right thing that you should do."

 

Jio was awake by the time they have deplaned. The three of them walked towards the gates and into the waiting area. He's holding Jio's hand while little guy keeps on yawning, complaining that he still needs to sleep. Jaebum is in charge of their luggages. 

"Appa, Jio is sleepy! And hungry!" Jio complained once again.

Jinyoung crouched just so he could reach his son's head and fix his beanie. "I know, baby. We're gonna eat in a bit, okay?" Standing back up and turning to Jaebum who is on his phone, texting, Jinyoung asked. "Where is he, Jaebum?"

Jaebum dialled on his phone as he scanned the area. "He must be here already. He drove an hour ago." 

Jinyoung also tried to scan the airport for any sign of a certain brunette, until he heard Jaebum say, "There he is!" And soon he finds him, waving happily at them and holding a placard where Welcome home Jinyoung and fam! is written. Grabbing Jio's hand, the three of them walked to the guy's direction.

"Jinyoungie!!! I missed you so much!" Jinyoung felt himself being wrapped inside a bear hug.

"Let me breathe, Jackson." He told the chinese who is still smiling so widely.

"You guys are finally here! I can't believe it! How was the flight? How was-" J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter