One

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Right on Cue

 

"Have I ever told you how much of an amazing friend, no scratch that, how much of an amazingly wonderful person you are, Mark?" Jackson, with his twinkling puppy eyes, matched with that trying-to-look-adorable pout is clinging onto him like the giant man child that he is.

What the heck?! Their blockmates are throwing side glances at them as they vacate the classroom. Mark could only sigh exasperatedly as he tried to detach himself from the chinese but to no avail. Instead, Jackson's grip on his arms became much tighter, his face incredibly close to his.

"Let go, Jackson. In the past five years that we've been friends, you should know that I am very much capable of injuring you." Mark said trying to sound serious and if possible, threatening.

But Jackson seems to have no plan of taking him nor his warning seriously. "But Maaaaaaaaark!!!" God, he's so annoying. Mark is starting to rethink his decision of befriending the chinese. "This is just one small favor I am asking you. Just an hour of your precious time. Help me out on this one and I'll never bother you again in your whole life."

Mark just arched his eyebrow, though. "Okay, maybe at least for a few weeks? Good?" Jackson added, in an uncertain voice.

 

Jackson, for the past five minutes, has been forcing asking him to attend this group study session after their last class this evening. His bestfriend wants him to attend the said session on his behalf. The chinese explained that he just signed up because he found it hard to say no to the study group's leader who happened to be Jackson's good friend as well. You will understand me when you meet him. It's impossible to say no to that guy! -Jackson said to him as he explained. 

"Tell me why can't you just attend the session again? You can attend only once, and tell your friend that you won't be able to continue on attending. Give him reasons, you're good at making those anyway."

But Jackson just glared at him. "I will ignore the fact that you just insulted me." Mark rolled his eyes at him. "Anyway, it's because I'm going out with the guys tonight, so I won't be able to come."

"You're going out with the guys? And by guys, you mean Yugyeom, Bambam and Youngjae?" Mark asked with furrowed brows. Those guys are their friends. They're just on a lower year level than them. 

Jackson nodded and Mark only creased his forehead more. "And you didn't even bother to invite me?" 

"Oh please. Since when did you enjoy socializing with human beings, Mark?" Jackson said, making a huffing sound.

"Right. That's why I only hang out with you and those punks." 

"Whatever, Tuan." Jackson said, waving his hands to dismiss him. "So? You're gonna attend the session on my behalf, right? Right? Right?" A couple more of right's irritated Mark and drove him to agree to Jackson's favor.

"Alright! Alright! Just... get off of me!" He yelled, pushing the chinese away from him.

"Thank you! Thank you, Mark!"

Mark smoothed out his shirt. "But just this once."

Jackson beamed making a kissy face, that Mark had to flip his middle finger right at him. But Jackson remained unbothered, and just blew him a kiss. "You're the best."

 

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

 

"Will drop by your pad tomorrow morning, with delicious breakfast. I love you so much man! I'll go ahead!"

And Mark couldn't do anything but to send Jackson off with his middle finger, mouthing  you as the chinese scurries off. He shook his head as he gathered his things, put them inside his backpack and walk towards the door.

He checked the time. It's almost 7pm and he still needs to head to the study hall for the group study. Who the hell does a group study session on a Friday night? Mark bets they're a bunch of geeks who don't have life outside the university. Only complete hermits will want to spend their friday night studying rather than going out and have some real fun. Sure, Mark knows he's not that outgoing like his friends, certainly not like Jackson, but he'd rather choose to laze around rather than read textbooks.

Unwillingly, he dragged his feet onto the direction of the study hall.

When he entered, there were already a bunch of hermits students gathered around in a small pack, in front of them is a small portable chalkboard. Mark counted mentally and figured there's ten in the group, he makes eleven. When the door closed behind him, it got the other students' attention. They're now looking at him.

"O-oh. I'm sorry. Am I late?" He asked the guys who were staring at him like he's an alien or something. Mark thought of backing out because of the stares he's getting from the group, when a guy spoke from behind him. 

"No, you're just in time. We're about to start."

Beside him, is a guy dressed in a white button up sleeved shirt, covered with a blue patterned vest. That black rimmed eyeglass only adds to his look. He looks like a scholar... you know, the type who goes into interschool competitions and wins? This guy beside him exudes that kind of energy. Just by how he dress, he definitely looks like a smart guy.

A tap on his shoulder snapped him from his thoughts. The said guy is smiling, the side of his eyes wrinkling and Mark surprisingly finds this cute. "Welcome, and have a seat with us."

 

Park Jinyoung.

That is how the guy introduced himself in front. He's a sophomore, taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter