Nine

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

this will be short... the last of Mark's narration...

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

"Match"

 

Upon opening his eyes, what Mark felt was the heaviness in his head. It almost felt like someone is pounding on his head, making it throb with pain. He could only massage his right temple in the hopes to somehow make the pain subside. Hangover is the last thing he needed today.

Glancing on the digital clock near his bed, he read the time- 10:17 p.m. Mark looked outside the room's window and saw that it is indeed dark already. He then turned to check the empty side of the bed next to him. Where's Jinyoung? He scanned the room with his eyes but found no trace of the raven haired.

"Jinyoung?" Mark called out but the lack of response made him feel some sense of panic rising in is chest.

He didn't intend to, but his mind went back to the scene he had witnessed just a while ago, before he had himself drunk. Jaebum, leaning dangerously close to Jinyoung and before he could even turn away, he saw how those two closed the distance between them. He just stood there, watching as Jinyoung did nothing until Jaebum pulled back. Jinyoung didn't do anything then, and even after Jaebum kissed him. And that's enough for Mark to want to leave and get away. What he has seen is so much more than he could take seeing. That is too much and all that's been running in his head was- why would Jinyoung do that? Why would Jinyoung do that to him? And how could he do that to him? All the time they've been together... what did those really mean to Jinyoung?

But Mark knows this isn't the time to think of all these yet. If he wants answers, they should come from Jinyoung himself. 

Shaking his thoughts off, Mark decided to get up, despite the heaviness he feels in his head and wore his slippers. He needs to find Jinyoung. Although in the far corner of his mind, he thinks he knows where to find him... Mark is still hoping he's got things wrong this time. 'please Jinyoung, don't break me this much'.

He walked outside the room and tried to find Jinyoung. And he did. He did find Jinyoung.

He found Jinyoung, walking alongside Jaebum and they were heading towards the older's room. For what possible reason are they going inside Jaebum's room, Mark doesn't know. Or maybe he does, but his mind refuses to accept it.

Mark watched as they both got inside the room and stood there for the next couple of minutes, waiting for God knows what. He had his hands clenched to fists as he stood there, waiting. He wanted to barge inside and drag Jinyoung away from Jaebum but he's scared. Mark is scared of what could happen... of what he could hear from Jinyoung. 

When he cannot take it anymore, he just walked back to his shared room with Jinyoung. As he sat on their bed, all Mark could do is to mock himself. Because he should've seen this coming. The moment Jaebum came back, he should've anticipated for this to happen.

Before him, it has always been Jaebum for Jinyoung. He had been a witness of how Jinyoung loved Jaebum blindly for a couple of months. Jinyoung just happened to choose him that one time. 

But that doesn't mean Jinyoung will choose him forever.

 

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

 

Mark finished his cup of coffee which he has made just a while ago and put the empty cup in the sink. As he passed by the mirror, he checked how he looked- just casual. He didn't dress too much because he's aware that he needs to be as comfortable as he can for the outdoor activity he has in schedule today. He got his keys from the bowl and left his pad. He doesn't want to be late.

It's Saturday and as what Jaebum has asked of him yesterday, he's off to meet with the latter and Jio because the kid wants to go biking in Hangang Park. The little guy really is enjoying his time in learning how to ride the bike. 

It took him twenty minutes to reach the couple's house. Jio was the first one to greet him, being an adorable ball of energy. Jinyoung offered him breakfast while Jaebum helps their son to get ready upstairs. Mark refuses and said he already had a quick one back at his place.

"Jio was really insistent." Jinyoung suddenly said, while they were seated on the couch, waiting for Jaebum and Jio to come downstairs. "He said he really want you to go with them so..."

"It's alright." Mark said not letting Jinyoung talk much more. "I did want to come, anyway. I mean, I did promise I will teach Jio how to bike until he becomes an expert."

He heard Jinyoung laughing a bit and it sounded nice to Mark's ears. "I'm not sure how long that will take."

"Hey, don't say it like that. Jio is a smart kid. He's got it from you."

And that shy smile Jinyoung has, makes Mark want to smile as well, but he just bit his lips to hold it in. Jinyoung then replied. "Really? I didn't think of myself as someone who is smart. Since, I tend to make stupid decisions."

"Daddy Mark!!!" Jio, calling him out made him break the stare with Jinyoung. He turned and see Jio jumping up and down, with his hand being held by Jaebum who is holding his son's backpack. "We ready to go!"

Standing up, Mark turned to Jinyoung. "Uhm, I guess we should go."

The younger also stood up and  smoothed his pants. "Yeah, okay. I'll walk you outside."

The four of them walked towards the gate. Mark is holding Jio's hand and Jaebum was carrying the kid's bike. "You should leave your car here, and let's just use my car." Jaebum told him and he agreed.

"I'm expecting you'd all be back before evening, alright?" Jinyoung said as he held the gate open, kissing his son's cheek. "A whole day at the park is just about enough. Don't train Jio like he's joining some race or something."

After a few more goodbye's, the three of them got inside Jaebum's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter