Eleven

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"No one"

 

It's the sound of light snoring which awakened him. Mere seconds after, his eyes fluttered open and they were immediately assaulted by the ray of sunlight reflecting from the large glass window from his room. Jinyoung turns his head to his left to protect his eyes from the morning sunlight he wasn't asking for just yet.

As he turns his head, he sees his son still sleeping soundly and he literally meant that because the little bub was making light snores but Jinyoung finds it adorable, of course!. Jinyoung could almost coo while staring at his son's cute little face and how peaceful it looked while he's probably still floating somewhere in dreamland. Slowly and almost unconsciously, Jinyoung brought his hand up to touch the small fraction of Jio's chubby cheeks making sure that the contact was utmost gentle. His thumb grazed the side of his son's face only slightly and briefly before he brings his hand higher touching his son's hair. It was while he was playing with the soft strands of Jio's hair when his eyes darted on Mark's face. The older was still resting his chin right above their son's head, with one hand still on top of Jio's smaller ones. Seconds after that, his attention was drawn into staring at Mark's equally peaceful face. At this point, Jinyoung could not deny that there is in fact some resemblance with Mark and their son. They have the same lashes and same shape of mouth plus those same pouting lips. Jinyoung felt a smile tugging on the side of his lips but this time, he didn't resist. He allowed himself to smile happily, genuinely and contentedly. 

Carefully, Jinyoung leans down to kiss the top of Jio's head but after he did, and just as he was pulling away, his eyes met with Mark's newly opened ones. About three seconds passed before Jinyoung could get a small good morning out. Mark rubbed his eyes for a brief moment before he greeted back. 

"What time is it?" Mark asked, whispering. 

Jinyoung glanced at the clock on the bedside table. "It's ten minutes past 7." 

The older's brows furrowed a bit. "Shouldn't Jio get ready for school? His class is at 9, right?"

"Right. I'll go and cook breakfast."

"I can help." But right as Mark said that, Jio stirs in his sleep and hugged his dad tighter. Him and Mark were looking at each other again. "I could-"

"You couldn't. Your son is a hugger. He won't let go of you." Jinyoung laughs a little. "I'll go ahead downstairs. Jio will probably wake up in fifteen minutes, don't worry. Then you can both go down to eat."

After saying that, Jinyoung takes the duvet off his torso and sat up to wear his slipper. He reached his hand once again to ruffle his son's hair lightly before Jinyoung finally gets up and walks outside the bedroom.

 

Jinyoung hears his phone ringing just as he finished transferring the kimchi he fried on a plate which he placed on the dining table. He decided to put the used pan on the sink first, before he wiped his hands clean so he could fish his phone from his pajama's pocket and answer the incoming call. He read from the caller i.d. that it's Jaebum.

"Oh you're up." The older said from the other line. "I thought this will serve as your wake-up call."

"I'm not a heavy sleeper, okay? I told you already I am a morning person but sadly, my son didn't get that from me."

Jaebum laughs as Jinyoung finished his sentence with an eye roll. "Speaking of the little guy... I bet he's still sleeping?"

"He'll wake up in a bit." Jinyoung says as he tries to peek from the kitchen's door although he could only see the foot of the stairs. "If not, Mark will just probably wake him up then."

"Mark?" Jaebum repeats. "Mark is there? This early?"

"He spent the night here because Jio refused to let him go home." He heard a small oh from the older before Jinyoung remembered what Mark told him last night. "By the way, Mark knew about us already. I mean, the truth about us... that part which I still haven't told him.. he found out about it yesterday. Well, not the whole of it but... he already know that you're in a relationship with someone else."

"How did he-"

"He saw you with Seulgi. He thought you were cheating on me so, I told him that you're actually not since we're not really a couple."

It was a couple seconds more before Jaebum said something. "Well... maybe that was meant to happen for the better. Mark really should know that anyway."

"Right." That's all Jinyoung could say. 

"So... what did he say? I mean, how did he react to that? Was he mad at me or..."

Jinyoung's attention was caught by the sound of footsteps coming to the kitchen and soon he heard his son's voice calling him out. "I'm not sure." He quickly answered as he turned away from the kitchen's door and faced the sink. "I'll get back to you later. It's time for breakfast. Let's talk some other time, okay?"

"Well, okay. Say hi to Jio for me." 

"Okay. Bye." When Jinyoung ended the call and turned to where the dining table is, he saw Mark who is making Jio sit on his chair. "Should we eat?" He asked them both which Jio answered with an eager nod while reaching for his plate. "Okay. Let me prepare the rest of our food."

"Let me help." Mark walked towards him to help him in preparing his cooked food. But as the older reached his side, he heard him ask. "Was that Jaebum?" And since there's no need to lie, Jinyoung nods. "Is he coming here today?"

"I don't think he plans to. Why?"

Mark shrugs as he puts the plate for Jinyoung to transfer the eggs which he has fried a while ago. "I was wondering if he'll be free this morning. I just think we should all talk about some things."

Jinyoung perfectly understands the need to talk, which Mark was saying and he agrees. "I could ask him."

To this, Mark regards him with a smile. "Thanks." The older then got the plate and turned to walk towards the dining table where Jio was already waiting. "Time to eat, buddy. You need energy for school today."

 

· • —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– • ·

 

After dropping Jio to school, Jinyoung and Mark were set to drive to meet Jaebum as requested by the older. Mark even skipped reporting for work today just so the three of them could have their much needed talk. Jinyoung also did the same and it's apparent that Jaebum felt like he needed to do the same as well. It was twenty minutes past 9 when they arrived at the coffee shop where Jaebum said they could meet. The cafe was only a few blocks from Seulgi's flat and there were only a few customers since it's located a bit far from the main road. 

Waiting for them by the table he has saved was Jaebum who seemed to have ordered drinks for all of them already. The latter greeted them as they both took their seats.

As expected, the first of Mark's concerns was what he had seen the previous evening which was Jaebum with his girlfriend Seulgi. Mark might've needed a confirmation, but this time coming from Jaebum himself and the latter was more than willing to clear out that particular issue.

"The lady I was with when you saw me yesterday is Seulgi. And yes, she's my girlfriend. We've been dating for more than two months now." Jaebum said as Mark nods, digesting the information. "It wasn't my plan to let you find out about us but, I wasn't being careful either. Maybe it was because unconsciously, I've been thinking that there is no need to be careful about it since it isn't even something which I should hide. Jinyoung told me that you already knew this, that we are not really a couple, thus, the fact that I am dating someone is not scandalous in any way."

"It is not." Mark was quick to respond. The older has his eyes fixated on Jaebum and Jinyoung was just there sitting quietly and watching. "It's just... I really thought..." and for a moment, the older's eyes darted on his own before turning back to Jaebum. "I thought the two of you were..." 

And although Mark couldn't seem to put in the right words to finish what he was trying to say, Jinyoung seems to understand what he's conveying. That makes him nod, as well as Jaebum. But Jaebum was the first one to speak.

"Well, it's not like we even tried to clear that one out with you, or with anyone aside from Jackson." Jaebum then raised both his hands and started waving them as if dismissing something. "But don't get the wrong idea that we are trying to make you all think that we were in fact together. It's not that. Yes, to be honest whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter