Seven

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Redo"

 

Jinyoung headed straight to the kitchen when they got inside the house. He needs a glass of water but not because he's thirsty. He needs something to run down his throat to somehow put him back into functioning normally. Ever since he got to the hospital, this is only the first time he really felt relieved and sort of free from his worries. Not all of it, but at least he has had let off some of it tonight. 

Jaebum is in the living room and he grabbed the remote control to turn on the television. He left it on in the news channel before following him to the kitchen. Jaebum also poured himself a glass of water and emptied its content while standing just a feet away from him. They aren't saying anything. Jinyoung felt like what they have said to each other in the car a while ago is enough talk already. And besides, he feels tired.

He got his and Jaebum's glass and washed it in the sink. From the side of his eyes he saw Jaebum walking back to the living room. "Shall I leave this on?" The older asked, pertaining to the television.

Jinyoung looked back for a second to answer. "You can turn it off. I'm not in the mood to watch anything anyway."

Jaebum nodded and turned the television off as he said. "I'll head upstairs now." Jinyoung just answered with a short yeah without turning to face Jaebum. Soon enough, he heard his footsteps and he knows Jaebum is already walking up the stairs. 

After washing the glasses and putting it again inside the dish rack, Jinyoung also headed upstairs. It's almost 9pm and he needs to rest. A lot has happened today and it was just supposed to be a fun and exciting day-out for Jaebum, Jio and Mark. Instead, today turned out to be the day for his secret to be revealed right before he got the courage to expose it himself. Jinyoung just sighed as he opened the door which leads to the master's bedroom. 

Inside, he saw Jaebum getting some pillows and a comforter. When the older has taken notice of him, he gave him a small smile. "I'll go and sleep downstairs. I just need to get this stuffs for a comfortable sleep."

"You can sleep here." Jinyoung told him. "I'll go and sleep in Jio's room. So you can sleep here. The couch is too small for you, Jaebum."

"Uhm, are you sure?" Jinyoung nodded. "Okay then."

Jinyoung got his pajamas from the closet before leaving the room, saying goodnight to Jaebum. Afterwards, he walked his way towards his son's room. The bed is quite small but it's still comfortable if he crouches a bit. And besides, this helps him miss his son less. Jinyoung could only calm himself by thinking that Jio is now out of danger and is sleeping peacefully with Mark by his side.

His dad is with him. There's nothing to worry about.

 

◦◦,`°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°`,◦◦

 

The next morning, Jinyoung woke up a bit early at around 6:30 am to get himself ready and also the things that Jio will need.

He woke Jaebum up when he knocked on the door. Inside, he got a new set of fresh clothes so he could shower. He made sure to pack only the important things up. If Jio will wake up today, maybe he'll be required to stay in the hospital only by the end of this week. And besides, he could always go home and take more things with him once he goes back to the hospital.

After taking a quick shower and preparing the bag which he's going to bring to the hospital, Jinyoung made his way downstairs only to see Jaebum setting up the table with the food that he probably cooked. The older looked up at him just when he reached the foot of the stairs.

"Let's eat breakfast first?"

Jinyoung decided to not argue with him on it and just sat at one of the chairs. Jaebum sat right across him after taking off his apron. "I've got a message from Mark last night but only got to read it this morning."

Jinyoung tried to ignore the fact that Mark chose to text Jaebum over him because that's just pointless and just listened to what Jaebum has to to say.

"Mark said Jio is already conscious. He said Jio has woken up last night and was looking for us."

Jinyoung could almost cry with happiness because of the good news. "Thank God." He whispered.

"Jio will be ready to see us today. So I figured we should not meet him with an empty stomach. Let's eat well before driving to the hospital." Jaebum told him while smiling at him. Jinyoung smiled back.

 

◦◦,`°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°`,◦◦

 

When they reached the hospital, Jinyoung was almost making these huge paces just to reach his son's room. Jaebum lightly laughed at him and reminds him to calm down before matching his pace too. He knows Jaebum is excited to see Jio too.

"I already peeled the pear, Jio. Just eat this one."

Jinyoung knows that voice. He turned the knob to let himself in and there inside the room, he sees Bambam, handing an already peeled pear to his son who is pouting and has his arms crossed. "But I want apple, Daddy Bam. I said I apple. Not pear."

He could also see Jackson who is seated right beside his son's bed, and Yugyeom who is standing beside Bambam, holding an apple in one hand. "I told you he likes apple. Why won't you just listen to the kid, huh?" 

Jio instantly clapped when Yugyeom got the peeler from Bambam and started peeling the apple. "Yey, Daddy Gyeom!"

Bambam frowned but when he took notice of him, the younger looked surprised. A second after, he smiled. "Jinyoung hyung. Jaebum hyung." And that made the others turn their heads to them. 

Jio was louder to react. "Appa! Papa!" 

Jinyoung saw how his son wanted to get off the bed and run towards them but he can't as of now so instead, Jinyoung made his way towards his son. Jackson was kind enough to move a bit and give him space. Jinyoung sat on the bed and wrapped Jio in a warm hug. "Baby, I'm so happy to see that you're well. I miss you so much, baby. Appa missed you so much."

He felt the side of his eyes tearing up as his son wrapped his small arms around his waist, burying his small face on his chest. "Jio miss appa, too." 

Jinyoung pulled away a little and held his son's face in his hands. "I'm sorry, baby. If appa wasn't there when it happened. I'm so sorry, baby."

"It's not appa's fault." Jio said, shaking his head and it clenches his heart more. "Jio is sorry. He is not careful. I'm sorry appa. Don't cry, please."

Hearing this, Jinyoung kissed his son's head and wiped his tears. "Appa is not crying because he's sad. Appa is crying because he's happy. So, so, so happy because Jio is okay now." He kissed his head again. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too, appa." and they hugged once more.

Their friends just looked at them fondly and Jinyoung could see how happy they are too, seeing him and his son hugging each other. He felt Jaebum tap his shoulder as the older ruffled his son's hair. "I'm so happy to see that you're fine now, baby. Papa missed you too." 

Hearing that, Jio extended his other arm, asking Jaebum to join in the hug and the older did. They stayed like that for a couple more seconds before Jio broke free of the hug and turned to look at Yugyeom who is still smiling at them. 

"Where is my apple, Daddy Gyeom?"

Jackson's laugh echoed as the Chinese jabbed on the younger's arm. "You've just been watching all along. Now peel that apple and don't make our baby Jio wait."

 

They spent the next thirty minutes feeding Jio some fruits and cereals. The doctor came by just a while ago and told them Jio can be discharged by Thursday this week. That made Jinyoung and Jaebum feel relieved but it made Jio more excited than ever. While Yugyeom and Bambam were playing with his son, Jaebum excused himself and said he needs to check something at work. Kissing Jio goodbye, Jaebum went on his way.

"How will you tell Jio?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter