One

Keeping You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Again

 

"No offense meant, but... how could you bear all these, hyung?"

Glancing at Youngjae who is currently surrounded by textbooks, Jinyoung asked, "What these, Youngjae-ah?"

The younger then lifted his head up and pointed at the books he had opened and had been reading for the past two hours. "These. Chemistry and everything related to it. Just it being a minor subject is difficult enough for me. How could someone take it as a major subject? How could you?"

Jinyoung had to hold his smile back. He finds Youngjae cute especially with the younger pouting those lips of his and messing with his blonde hair. He really looks a hundred and one percent done with studying. 

"I always loved Chemistry." He answered simply, not taking his eyes off reading. He's only got a few pages left in this chapter. He will finish early today, he thinks. 

"Really?" Youngjae asked in a deadpan tone and when Jinyoung turned, he saw the younger giving him a disbelieving look.

"Yes, really. I can't explain why exactly but, I love Chemistry and of course I would enjoy every bit of my time learning more about it." Youngjae just snorted as he went back to flipping pages but Jinyoung continued explaining himself. "Isn't it how it should be when you love something? Although it may seem hard sometimes, you will not just give up. Even if people start to question you, you just won't care. If you love something, no one else needs understand the depth of it. It's enough that you know in yourself how much you love it. Logical, or not... it's not someone else's judgement."

The two of them held stares for a couple of seconds. When Youngjae pursed his lips and went back to reading silently, not saying anything as a response to what he has said, Jinyoung knew it was better if he stayed silent as well. 

 

It's examination week, and Pre-finals is really nerve racking. So here they are at the library, reviewing. Youngjae asked for help in studying about Chemistry since the younger has admitted it's not one of his best points. And of course, being a Chemistry major, Jinyoung couldn't see a reason to decline. They're all pretty busy- with him on his last year, while Youngjae, Yugyeom and Bambam are on their third. Although, it amazes Jinyoung how the youngest two still find time to relax and enjoy theirselves amidst all the stress and pressure they're getting nowadays.

 

"Should we wait on that shed?" Jinyoung asked while covering his head from the tiny raindrops. When Youngjae nodded, they both jogged towards the bus stop. 

While they were wiping the raindrops off their hair, Youngjae turned to him and asked, "Isn't hyung, fetching you?"

To this Jinyoung just shrugged and checked his phone. "He's a bit busy." He just said. "You know? Adjusting to his new work and all."

It's almost been two years since he and Mark got together and ten months since Mark has graduated. The older had just started his work as an IT Consultant in Adobe. It's his second job after he ended his contract with Frost. Mark said Adobe pays a more decent salary that's why he decided to apply and as his boyfriend, Jinyoung supports him through and through. But this new work of Mark demands too much time from the older and Jinyoung would be lying if he says he doesn't miss his boyfriend. He does. He misses how it was easier for Mark to give time to him back in his old work. But then again, like he said, Jinyoung should support Mark. 

"He must be." He then heard Youngjae. "Hyung must be busy, but I know and trust that he'll always find and make time for you." 

 

That is what Jinyoung kept on telling himself while he was riding the bus home. He again checked his phone and upon seeing that he still hasn't received a call, nor a single text message from Mark... he could only sigh. Maybe he's just busy. It's okay... it's okay if he forgot... -this is what Jinyoung tries to tell himself.

 

*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*

 

It was after he had changed his clothes and was drying his hair when his phone rang. When he read Mark's name on the screen, for the first time, a genuine smile drew on his lips. 

"Hon." Jinyoung greeted after pressing the answer button. He sat on his bed and waited for the older's reply.

"Hon..." but hearing how tired Mark's voice was, is definitely not good for Jinyoung. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

"W-what are you saying, hon? What happened? Is there something wrong with work?" Jinyoung asks, feeling a sense of panic rising in his chest. "Mark, please-"

"I don't think I can still do this, Jinyoung. This... Us... I don't think I can still do this." Hearing those words had him stunned. He feels like his head is spinning and his mind is refusing to process anything. "Jinyoung... let's just end this."

"W-what... why?" It's all he could say. Jinyoung gripped on his phone tighter as he stood up and started pacing back and forth. "Mark... what happened? Why is this all sudden? Mark-"

"I don't know, okay? I just feel tired of everything. I don't know, Jinyoung. Just..." He heard how Mark breathed harshly from the other line. "Just go and get your things here. I'm done, Jinyoung. I'm sorry."

When Mark dropped the call, Jinyoung could do nothing but stare blankly at the floor. What did just happen? His mind tried to recall what must have happened and what must have caused this to happen. Why did Mark decide on this all too suddenly? What did he do wrong? 

As he felt tears rolling down his cheek, Jinyoung hastily got his jacket and almost ran out of his apartment. It's not because he's gonna go and get his things from Mark's place. Heck! His things are staying there and so is Mark in his life! He will never let Mark walk away this easily! 

Jinyoung didn't bother to take the bus and just jogged his way to Mark's apartment. As he passed by some people, he saw how they stared at him, probably asking why he's crying while running under the rain. He looks like some broken guy in some drama but the he cares!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter