Chapter 7

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon stood dumbfounded, staring at the black envelope sitting on the middle of her desk. She picked it up quickly and opened it carefully. Inside was a letter from none other than Hyejoo.

Dear Chaewon, I'm sorry I wasn't able to meet you yesterday. I got myself in trouble and now I'm grounded. I'm not allowed outside the castle for who knows how long. I mean, I don't hate being a princess but I really just want to feel free again. I'm sorry if I worried you, I'm okay but I miss you. Of course I would never be mad at you! It's not your fault that I'm stuck here! And I would love to meet your cousin. And you. I really miss you and I hope to see you again as soon as I can. Love, Hyejoo.

Chaewon didn't hesitate to write back another letter.

Dear Hyejoo, why didn't you tell me you were a princess? That's seriously so cool! I'm sorry you got in trouble though. I wish there was something I could do to help. I hope it's not because of me. Is it wrong that we are friends? Please tell me it's not. Hyunjin and Heejin are mad at me because they think I replaced them with you. But you have a special place in my heart, as well as them. I wish I could fix things between us, and also keep our friendship. I'm so glad that I met you and I want to learn more about you. Love, Chaewon.

And from then on, they kept writing letters to each other almost every day, but they both gradually felt themselves longing to become more than just pen pals.

Dear Chaewon, I really wish I could visit you in Cheongwang. I could just use the potion sorceress Chungha made for me and then we could meet again. But I can't set foot outside the castle. I'm so sick of feeling trapped. I feel like even my wings are getting sore from not flying for so long. I wish I could travel the world with you. I wish I could explore everything outside this dark place I grew up in. I'm sure there's more to the world than this forest. I hope you understand how I feel, as no other pixie seems to agree with my opinion. Love, Hyejoo.

Dear Hyejoo, I don't really think you would be welcomed in Cheongwang. I already told you many times how most fairies feel about pixies. But about venturing outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter