Chapter 4

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo intended to spend the entire night studying about fairy magic in depth, which is why she almost ended up skipping her meals if Jiwoo had'nt came to drag her out by herself.

She found an old dusty book of fairy spells, and in it were some potion recipes for sun protection. Sunburn treatment.. sunburn prevention.. severe sunburn ointment.. and the list goes on. Strangely they all contained a shared ingredient that Hyejoo never expected to be there: pixie dust.

Hyejoo knew that pixie dust was extracted from the dried up wings of dead pixies, and that it had exceptional healing properties. But she didn't know how much potential it had until she decided to try it herself.

She took the book with her up to one of the castle's towers, and knocked on the door at the top in an unusual pattern. The door opened from the inside by itself, and Hyejoo walked in cautiously.

'Princess!' A woman appeared out of thin air, startling Hyejoo.

'Sorceress Chungha!' Hyejoo was glad to see her, as she hadn't visited her in a while. She was a curious girl, and enjoyed learning about new things.

Chungha was an excellent sorceress, and was very fond of Hyejoo. 'What brings you here my child, all of a sudden?'

'I was just wondering if I could ask you for a favor.'

'What do you need, my little one?'

Hyejoo showed her the book of spells. 'Can you make me a potion? I think you have all the ingredients for it. I would be very thankful if you made me some sun prevention potion.'

'Why of course, princess! I would love to help you! But.. what purpose would you need that for? Don't tell me you want to cross to Cheongwang!' Chungha asked bewildered.

'No no no! I would never cross borders. I just get paranoid about getting burnt. That's why I want extra protection.' Hyejoo defended.

Chungha smirked. 'Don't lie, princess. I've seen you observing the sun several times. I know you are infatuated with the sun. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter