Chapter 11

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo came out from under the bed when she felt like the coast was clear.

'Chaewon! Psst.. Chaewon!'

No reply. She searched Yeojin's room but no sign of Chaewon.

'She really left without me.. huh.' Hyejoo scratched her head. She didn't believe her friend would actually leave her.

'Chaewon? This isn't funny. Come out please!'

Hyejoo cautiously slipped out of the room and went to search the rest of the house. It was huge so it would take ages to search. Hyejoo noticed that the house was strangely empty. Yeojin and her mother had left the house, and the car outside was gone too. That's weird, Hyejoo thought. She took her time exploring the human house, finding so many amazing things she had never seen before.

Hyejoo knew she was supposed to feel happy, but strangely she wasn't. She felt lonely and sad. She missed Chaewon. She missed Jiwoo and Chungha and Sooyoung. She was alone, and even Yeojin who liked her so much was not there for her. Hyejoo began to cry.

'Chaewon was right. I am reckless and insensitive and selfish. I was so stupid to think I would be happy here. I thought I was happy because I was free, but the truth is that I was happy because I was with Chaewon. I understand now. I screwed up. I.. I want to go home. I want to be with Chaewon. But she probably hates me now. Why else would she leave me behind?'

Hyejoo cried for what seemed like forever, until a spark of hope told her that it wasn't too late. That spark of hope was a ladybug, that entered through a small crack in the wall and transformed into a butterfly.

'Bbomi? Is that you?'

The butterfly pounced on Hyejoo, her with it's long sticky tongue.

'Ew! Bbomi! Stop!' She struggled to get it off her.

The insect flew towards the opening it came from and wiggled itself out, with Hyejoo squeezing through not long after. Hyejoo followed Bbomi into the eerily quiet backyard. Even the doghouse was empty. Strange. Bbomi started down the road in a zigzagged line, looking back to make sure Hyejoo was following it. Hyejoo was soon flying alongside Bbomi, who changed into a ladybug every now and then.

 

Chaewon stealthily headed towards her lab, that was near the outskirts of Cheongwang. She barely had time to unpack her stuff when the door slammed open.

'GOWON! YOU WERE HERE IN YOUR SECRET HIDEOUT THE WHOLE TIME? WHY

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter