Chapter 6

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Is she really here? Or are you just making this up?' Yerim asked Chaewon.

'I don't get it.' Chaewon sighed. 'She's supposed to be here!'

'Well, I don't see any pixie. Are you sure you're not imagining things?'

Chaewon rolled her eyes. 'Hyejoo!' She called. No answer. 'Where is she? Maybe something bad happened to her?'

'Wonnie, just forget about it. We'll be late for school. If that Hyejoo of yours exists then she would probably be at her own school too.'

Chaewon hesitated as she followed her cousin,  looking back to see if there was any trace of Hyejoo. Nothing.

Chaewon was a hardworking student, and she received plenty of recognition even from the Queen of Cheongwang herself. Despite being an orphan, she excelled in almost everything, earning the respect of her peers.

And of course the jealousy of some. She was constantly bullied by a girl named Somi, until the twins Hyunjin and Heejin stood up for her, and the two became friends with Chaewon. She introduced them to her cousin Yerim, who was a year younger than her and resembled a cherry with her purple hair. The four girls became inseperable since then, and Chaewon was grateful to have such good friends.

But the day she told them about Hyejoo, things started to fall apart. The twins looked at her with disgust, as they hated dusk pixies like almost every other fairy did. They told her mean things about Hyejoo, and Chaewon almost cried. She knew she liked Hyejoo, and she didn't believe a word Hyunjin or Heejin told her, about Hyejoo just trying to deceive her and that she would do bad things to her. Chaewon hadn't tried to talk to them since then, even though she really wanted to mend their friendship. Every time she would approach them, they walked in the opposite direction. Chaewon was sad to lose her friends like that after they were so close. But at least Somi didn't go back to bothering her again.

Yerim, on the other hand, didn't believe Chaewon, and thought her cousin was just hall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter