Chapter 10

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo felt a warm breeze and opened her eyes, to find that the source was Yeojin's soft breaths. 'Hi! You're finally awake!' She whispered.

Hyejoo noticed the absence of the warm body she fell asleep holding, and sat up to find that Chaewon was already having breakfast.

'Hyejoo! I thought you needed more rest so I left you to sleep a bit more. I hope you're feeling better!'

Hyejoo smiled at her friend.

'Mind if I check on your hand?' Their human companion asked Hyejoo. Hyejoo hesitated but Chaewon rushed to her side, trying to let Yeojin know that she would do it instead.

Despite Yeojin being gentle, Chaewon still thought Yeojin's hands were too threatening for Hyejoo's fragile frame. She carefully removed the cast and asked Hyejoo if she could move her hand. Hyejoo held her breath and tried to wiggle her fingers, and was surprised to feel no pain at all. She slowly closed her hand into a fist and reopened it, looking up at Chaewon with sparkles in her eyes.

Chaewon squeezed Hyejoo's arm and Yeojin squealed with delight. 'I'm so glad you're all better now! I'm sorry that I hurt you in the first place though. I should have been more careful.'

Hyejoo flew up to Yeojin's face and hugged her squishy cheek. Yeojin was surprised and Hyejoo's back softly with her finger. Chaewon just looked at them with an expression of disbelief and a hint of sadness.

Yeojin then left the room and Hyejoo went to join Chaewon at the small dining table in the dollhouse, Chaewon not taking her eyes off Hyejoo until she caught her staring.

'What?' She asked with a smile, not quite hiding a hint of what Chaewon couldn't tell was annoyance or just shyness. Chaewon shrugged and looked down at her plate, playing with her food before eating what was left of it. Hyejoo ate very fast, much to Chaewon's surprise.

As soon as they finished eating, Chaewon picked up her bag and grabbed Hyejoo's non-injured hand. 'Let's go.' She smiled at her and gestured towards the window.

'Go where? What are you talking about?'

'Home, silly. You're hand is better

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter