Chapter 13

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo could finally see the forest up ahead. Finally.. but I have to be careful since it's daytime.. She wanted to sneak back into the castle without anyone noticing, but she wouldn't  have trouble with that since everyone  was already distracted. By a much bigger problem.

'I- is that.. Vanilla? Yeojin's dog?'

Hyejoo knew what a dog was since she read about it in Yeojin's picture books. She watched in horror as the dog was attacked by insects, stinging and biting it, and armed fairies showering it with arrows. It barely did anything to hurt the dog, only making it angry and causing more damage.

She took the opportunity to try to sneak into Bulmyeongryo, but she accidentially caught the eye of one particular fairy. The fairy flew towards her in lightning speed and Hyejoo couldn't tell if she was glad to see her or not, until she was close enough to slap her. Hard.

'YOU! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU RUINED MY LIFE! IF ONLY I HAD NEVER KNOWN YOU NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED! LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO! I'M AN OUTCAST NOW ALL BECAUSE OF OUR STUPID EXCURSION!' Chaewon yelled at her, while mentally yelling at herself as well. She was angry that she would be banished from Cheongwang, but she was also angry that there might not be anything left of Cheongwang either way.

'Chaewon.. I'm sorry I got you into this mess.. I didn't mean to.. I really liked you..' Hyejoo sobbed, forgetting her intention to keep a low profile.

'WELL I DON'T LIKE YOU! I HATE YOU!' Chaewon's words escaped, even though deep down she knew it wasn't true. It was both of their fault, but Chaewon's boiling anger took control. 'I WISH I HAD NEVER MET YOU! I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRUSTED A DUSK PIXIE LIKE YOU!'

Chaewon was so loud that the dog perked up it's ears in their direction. It saw them and charged towards them, but Hyejoo pushed Chaewon out of it's way. Chaewon was shocked. Even after she said mean things to her, Hyejoo still wanted to protect her. She couldn't understand why.

The dog was about to eat Hyejoo when it received a small electric shock to it's paw, only hurting it momentarily but buying enough time for Chungha to throw Hyejoo a rope. Hyejoo grabbed it confused, and was pulled into the darkness of the underground.

Hyejoo fell with a thud, not realizing what had happened. She received a forehead flick from Jiwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter