Chapter 9

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo and Chaewon kept chatting about random things, when a car rushed past them, their fragile bodies barely missing the windshield. A gust of wind blew them onto the pavement, and Chaewon fell on top of Hyejoo.

'Oh my god! Hyejoo! Are you hurt?!'

Hyejoo rubbed her head and then her elbow. 'Yeah I'm fine, save for a bump on my head and a few scratches I guess. What was that thing anyway? And why is it so fast?'

Chaewon hugged her friend relieved that she was fine. 'That, was a human vehicle. It helps humans travel at high speeds since they don't have wings. And since they are much bigger than us, they are way faster.'

'Holy that vehicle thingy looked dangerous!'

Chaewon raised her eyebrows. 'I didn't know princesses could curse?'

'Hey, it's not that I can't, just that I'm not allowed to. And besides, you could pass as a princess yourself with your  politeness and good looks.'

Chaewon blushed at the compliment. 'Um.. thanks. Hyunjin and Heejin never said things like that to me..'

'Aw come on, they're your friends too! Hey look! A giant house! Do you think humans live in it?'

'I think so. There's the car that almost hit us parked next to it.'

Hyejoo shuddered at the thought of the two being smushed against the windshield. But they were safe for now, and it was all part of the adventure. 'Let's explore the house.' Hyejoo whispered.

They quietly flew towards the house, which was actually a small cottage but since they were tiny, it seemed to them like a huge mansion. They hid behind a wooden chair as the front door opened and two figures emerged from behind it. It was a mother and her young daughter.

'Mommy, can I play outside? I'm finished with my homework.'

'Okay Yeojin, but be careful.'

'Yay!' 

The little girl, who was not so little compared to Chaewon and Hyejoo, ran out and into the shed in the backyard. Inside was a small set of a table and chairs, a teaset, and some dolls. Yeojin brought her dolls and sat them on each chair, and began serving them some imaginary tea.

Hyejoo and Chaewon observed the little girl in amusement and couldn't contain their giggles.

'Hello? Who's there?' Yeojin asked surprised. The two girls covered their mouths

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter