Chapter 3

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejoo was not an early bird. She always hated getting up early, even though she was nocturnal, she was the equivalent of a human "not a morning person".

But today, more accurately tonight, she had an important meeting at 7:00pm, and she groaned when she was woken up by her personal maid. 'Ara.. five more minutes..' she said with her voice scratchy from sleep.

'Your majesty, you have to get ready. It's an urgent meeting and you can't afford to be late.' Ara was used to the young princess' laziness, as she had been taking care of her since she was a child. As a result she grew very close with the princess, so at this moment she didn't hesitate to tickle the princess' feet.

'Ara! Heehee! Stop it! Hehe! I'll get up!' Hyejoo surrendered between giggles.

Soon Hyejoo was ready, and she still had some time before she had to join her family for breakfast. Owing to Ara's secret relationship with a guard named Haseul, she was able to sneak past them and go to the castle rooftop, where she watched the sunset that she hardly ever sees. The reason being that she almost never wakes up early enough.

The reddish semicircle in the horizon was shrinking quickly, disappearing into the far west. Hyejoo had always dreamed of exploring what exists beyond her kingdom. Her observation was interrupted when she saw a small golden figure sparkling in the distance. ...Chaewon?!

Hyejoo decided to go against her sister's warning, even though she knew that Jiwoo only wanted to protect her. But Chaewon was standing in a slim strip of light that was getting smaller by the minute. Hyejoo wasted no time as she zoomed towards her new friend, wondering why she would be there alone at this hour.

'Hyejoo!' Chaewon waved as she saw her friend approaching.

'Chaewon! What are you doing here?! It's not safe! You will fade if you stay here!' Hyejoo yell-whispered.

'Hyejoo! Thank goodness you came. I.. I just wanted to give you this magical ointment.. for your burn. It works for fairies with sensitive skin, so I thought it might help heal your burns faster..'

'Oh Chaewon.. thank you but can you please leave quickly? Fairies fade away if they stay in the dark, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter