Chapter 12

Till the End of That Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things were happening too fast for Chaewon. She had just discovered that she was the royal heiress to the throne of Cheongwang and her aunt Jinsol had already started preparing for the coronation ceremony.

'Why, look at you, miss princess nerd. Who would have expected that you would be the future ruler of our kingdom?' Yerim snickered, as she helped Chaewon put on her princessy dress.

'I can't believe your mother managed to keep it a secret all this time. Even you didn't know?' Chaewon asked her.

'Do you think I would keep quiet about it if I did? Since I'm your first cousin that means I have royal blood too you know!'

Neither Yerim nor Chaewon was able to realize  how crazy their situation actually was. But at the back of Chaewon's mind, there still managed to be a single thought that distracted her from all this madness.

Hyejoo. Chaewon wondered if she was ok, if she would somehow get some sense knocked into her and go back home. One person's single mistake could change the fate of hundreds. Chaewon tried to memorize the royal vow, still having that one thought in her mind. I was a fool to trust Hyejoo.

Only fools fall for you, only fools

Only fools do what I do, only fools fall 

Suddenly, the ground began to shake. First slightly then more violently.

'What is happening?!' Yerim shouted as she hid under a table, now clad in a princessy dress of her own.

'I don't know, I'll check it out.'

'Gowon you maniac! Where are you going?! Get over here and take cover! Do you wanna die?!' Yerim yelled at her cousin who was walking towards the enormous castle window.

As soon as she looked outside, her heart started racing. 'No. No no no NO NO! This can't be! How did that thing get here?!'

'What is it?!' Yerim asked the bewildered Chaewon.

'Come on. We need to get out of here before the castle collapses.' She said trying to pull her cousin out from under the table.

'I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on!' Yerim yelled at her, yanking her arm away. 'HEY, LOOK OUT!!'

Chaewon flew out of the way, the huge Chandelier barely missing her as it came crashing down in the middle of the room.

'OK OK YOU'RE RIGHT! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE, NOW!' Yerim got out from under the table and shakily flew after Chaewon out the door.

'Girls! Get underground quick!' Jinsol motioned to them with her hands.

'Mom, what is happening?!'

'We're under attack. I already ordered the armed forces to counteract. I need you two to find safety.'

'But mom!' Yerim looked at her mother with pleading eyes. They shared unspoken words. Please be careful mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter