Chapter 19

Daddies

“Where is she” her husband asks her when she comes off the plane. “He won” she tells him. “What do you mean, that son of ours has never won before. I wonder if he’s even capable with those two working brain cells of him” her husband shouts. She doesn’t react to him, just pushes him away feeling bitter about the way these events turned out.

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

a couple weeks later

 

“So which kid should we start off with?” the teacher asks. They both shrug, not really caring. “Well ladies first then” Taeyong says and he laughs at his own joke.

 

“Mei’s a very sweet girl, cares a lot about others. She’s doing perfectly in class, she’s really smart although she does sometimes pretend she doesn’t know the answer to make others feel better. As I said very caring but she doesn’t need to do that.” Taeyong explains.

 

“She’s also extremely loud, like seriously you should get her checked for a world record or something” He follows looking straight at Yukhei who starts laughing. “I don’t know if she gets that for you or..” Taeyong doesn’t get to finish his sentence because Mark already answered. shouting out a “Yes she does” making Taeyong laugh.

 

“Now Ashton’s also doing fine. a bit less social but nothing concerning and quieter, thank god. He is clumsy like lord, the number of cups he has broken.” Taeyong says while shaking his head “and he somehow manages to snap pencils in half, I can barely do that so he might be superhuman or something”.

 

Mark just nods, he knows his son is clumsy af. They just talk a bit after that noting special. just your regular “Do you have any concerns?” “Nope” “Okay” kind of thing.

 

“You know I never had parents who started dating during the year. I’ve had parents who got divorced, -which can cause some uncomfortable meetings-  so this is a nice change really” Taeyong says before letting them out and getting the greeting the next parents.

 

They come home to find Yuta watching Dora. “Why are you watching that?” Mark asks trying to hold his laughter in. “I’m learning Spanish” Yuta replies and Mark doesn’t know whether the man is serious or not. “How were the kids?” Yukhei asks not even surprised by Yuta’s choice of entertainment. “Angels as always” Yuta responds before getting his stuff while he and Yukhei chat about work until Winwin’s there to pick him up.

 

They go to bed shortly after that.

 

_________________________________________________________________________


 

Mark wakes up his legs entangled with Yukhei’s and his face pressed against his chest. He seriously wishes he doesn’t need to get up. Sadly the kids don’t agree with that, because not even five minutes later they run inside screaming “Daddy the wifi isn’t working”. So Mark drags himself out of bed to help them, only hoping that he will be done soon enough to join his boyfriend back in bed.

 

When he comes back after the wifi is fixed and the kids are happily watching Peppa the pig videos, he’s met with an empty bed and the sound of the shower running. He lets out a groan and throws himself on their bed in defeat.

 

“What are you moping about?” he hears Yukhei ask a few minutes later when he’s done showering. “The bed is cold” Mark mumbles “why didn’t you keep it warm”. “What am I, your personal bed heater?” Yukhei teases. “Yes,” Mark tells him before pulling him on their bed and cuddling him like a koala.

 

“Markie let me go” “How about no” Mark doesn’t know how Yukhei didi it but he somehow manages to get a pillow and hit him with it. Mark gives him a ‘are you serious’ look and that’s all it takes for them to start a pillow fight.

 

Their laughter reaches the ears of two curious kids in the living room who decided to come and take a look at what’s happening. They curiously peak thought a slightly opened door. Once they understand what’s happening they run to their room to get their own pillows and join.

 

“Aw” Yukhei shouts after some time. He swears he just felt some hard object being thrown at his head. He hears Mark laughing and looks down to see what it is. “Seriously?” he asks his daughter. “Yes, Felicia also wanted to join” Mei says innocently. “By what trying to knock me out?” Yukhei says earning big laughter from Mark and Mei. Ash seems to be considering something, and he grabs the my little pony before running out of the room.

 

He comes back a bit later, Felicia nowhere to be seen. “Where is Felicia?” Mei questions pouting at her best friend. “Felicia has a time out” Ash answers fully serous. Mark has to make sure Yukhei isn’t falling off the bed because that has him laughing so hard.

 

“Dude your kid is amazing” he says. “Did you just dude me?” Mark says laughing as he pushes Yukhei off the bed as a punishment. “Well, this dude will go and make some breakfast then” Yukhei says, getting himself off the ground and walking away. Closely followed by the kids who can’t wait to help or more likely: get in Yukhei’s way.

 

That’s how they begin their day. After that the kids get brought to school by Mark, - they both agreed on Mark taking them so they’re at least on time - and the adults go to work.

 

Yukhei picks them up later. When they’re in the car on their way home Mei asks the famous question: “What’s for dinner?”. Normally Yukhei would have answered with any kind of dish he was going to make that day but today he answers with “We’re going to a restaurant tonight”. “Like McDonald's?” Ash asks hopefully.

 

“Nope, we’re going to eat Chinese” Yukhei responds. “But aren’t we Chinese?” Mei asks confused. “Chinese food princess not people” he responds. “OH, that’s great otherwise I would have missed tomorrows episode of Dora the Explorer” Mei says, and Yukhei has serious questions about his daughter’s priorities.