Chapter 11

Daddies

 

“What Yukhei you can’t” Mark says. Yukhei starts laughing and says “Calm down, I have Johnny’s permission to do this” and Mark lets out a breath in relief. He could already see them sitting at the police station.

 

After opening the door Yukhei grabs Marks hand and drags him inside. Yukhei turns on the light and leads him over to a table. He pulls out a chair for Mark to sit on.

 

Mark raises an eyebrow as to say “Really” to which Yukhei responds with “It’s a date Mark” and the shorter one laughs at that.

 

“So what do you want to drink?” Yukhei says walking over to the counter. “Can I have one of those hot chocolates again?” Mark asks. Yukhei goes to work and a couple of minutes later he comes back with coke for himself and a hot chocolate, with whipped cream and marshmallows for Mark. And he may or may not have put the marshmallows in the form of a heart.

 

They sit for a while and talk until Mark stomach grumbles. Yukhei laughs at Mark who blushes and is feeling embarrassed. “Follow me” Yukhei says grabbing Mark’s hand once again.

 

Mark doesn’t register that Yukhei has stopped walking - being too busy thinking about Yukhei’s hand in his - and walks into his back.

 

“Sorry” Mark murmurs and Yukhei just thinks the blushing mess behind him is absolutely adorable. The taller one says an “It doesn’t matter”.

 

“What matter however is what you want to eat from this” Yukhei says motioning to all types of desserts in the showcase.

 

Mark steps closer to the window to take a good look.”Omg, I love desserts” Mark beams happily. “I know” Yukhei says and Mark looks at him questioningly. “Mark you seriously ordered half of the desserts when we went to Mcdonalds”. “That was an accident” Mark says while trying to hide his face in his hands.

 

Yukhei takes his hands away from his face and spins him around “So what do you want?” he says.

 

“It all looks so good” Mark says and he pouts. “Then you can have everything” Yukhei simply states.

 

“What no, I can’t possibly eat all of that” Mark says with a laugh. “But I can’ Yukhei responds and he starts grabbing the cupcakes and slicing pieces of the cakes. When he has one of everything he hands Mark one of the plates and the walk back to the table.

 

Halfway through the food Mark says “This is so unhealthy though”. “Well this brings happiness, salads don’t” Yukhei responds.

 

“Yeah try to tell me that when I need to work out because of this” Mark says. “Is that an invitation” Yukhei teases back.

 

Mark chuckles before blurting out “Not everybody likes working out like you”. “How do you know I work out Mark Lee” Yukhei says smiling even more. Mark curses himself for saying that out loud and responds “Everybody who sees you can see that” trying to make it sound believable.

 

They finish their dinner if you can even call it that and Yukhei leads them back to his car. He opens the door for Mark again - of course - and once they’re both inside Mark looks at him expectantly.

 

“Soooo I thought that we could watch a movie at my place since you're probably more comfortable there than in a movie theatre filled with people” Yukhei says hoping that Mark doesn’t get mad at him for thinking like that.

 

Yukhei had thought about what to do for some time. Since this whole dating, liking each other situation made Mark more sensitive to his attacks, Yukhei thought it would be better if it was just the two of them no weird unknown onlookers and no possibility of the movie containing some scenes that wouldn’t do the situation any good. He just wanted to younger one to feel safe and be able to enjoy their date.

 

Mark isn’t mad, definitely not, if anything he is touched by how much Yukhei had thought about his comfort and well being. So he answers back to the still nervously waiting man with

a bit smile on his face saying “I’d love to”.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They arrive at Yukhei’s apartment a while later. Yukhei lets Mark pick out a movie as he fetches them some drinks -another hot chocolate for Mark of course, if you’d ask Mark Yukhei’s like a hot chocolate wizard- and blankets.

 

Once the movie is done Yukhei looks over to find Mark sleeping all cuddled up in the blanket like a burrito. He nudges his softly “Markie” only to get a hum in response.

 

“Do you want to sleep?” the older asks the get the same answer from the younger again. He chuckles lifts him from the couch. Mark lets out a surprised sound only to sleepily nuzzle into his chest for body warmth once he notices what’s happening.

 

Yukhei carefully places Mark on his bed, who immediately snuggles under the blanket and falls asleep once again. Yukhei can’t help but take a picture of it before joining Mark in dreamland.

 

The next morning is filled with them running around Yukhei’s apartment trying to make themselves ready for work. They were already on the late side which totally wasn’t caused by the fact that Yukhei had made Mark pancakes for breakfast, nope not at all.

 

Stumbling into the hallway they grab their coats putting them on as fast as possible before getting into the car.

 

As they arrive at Marks work Mark takes a look at the clock and teasingly says “You almost caused me to be late Wong Yukhei”. “Wouldn’t you do that for me” Yukhei laughed.

 

“Of course I would” Mark says jokingly “I need to go, see you later” he says and kisses

Yukhei on the lips. As soon as he realizes what he has done he rushes out of the car and runs into the building.

 

It takes a while for Yukhei to unfreeze and be able to drive to his work which -surprisingly- causes him to be late.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A couple of miles away there is a teacher making his way through the school’s hallways. “Baby I’ve news”. “Taeyong we’re at work” Jaehyun responds to his boyfriend walking into his classroom.“Hushh they’re kids they don’t even care” Taeyong says.

 

“So what’s the news?” Jaehyun asks. “Both Ashton and Mei were brought to school by different people than their parents, so I’m not saying mission Markhei is starting to success but that’s totally what I’m saying” Taeyong says. “Took them long enough” Jaehyun responds.