Chapter 10

Daddies

And it’s safe to say Yukhei doesn’t know how to give an answer to that statement, so he stays silent.

 

But thanks to the kids interrupting the moment to leave for the playground he doesn’t have to anymore.

 

Mark stays silent for a while as well, looking like he’s contemplating something before he says: “Okay”

 

“Okay, what?” Yukhei says back not having any idea what Mark means.

 

“I’ll go on a date with you” Mark responds calmly.

 

Yukhei breaks into a big smile, but can’t help to tease Mark with “But I didn’t ask you now did I”.

 

Mark blushes and pouts and it’s seriously the most adorable thing. “Then ask me” he mumbles fast.

 

“What?, I couldn’t quite catch that” Yukhei says teasing Mark even more.

 

Mark doesn’t and instead hides his face in his hands and lies down on the table. He feels Yukhei putting a hand under his chin lifting his face up.

 

“Mark….would you like to go on a date with me?” and Yukhei says as he tries his best to hide his nervousness.

 

“Yes” Mark mumbles out still embarrassed even though it was him who started it.

 

Yukhei hopeful eyes turn into a big smile but before he can say anything there rudely interrupted by a family who asks if they're done eating.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After they had gotten home from their dinner, Yukhei and Mark had settled on a date and time for their date.

 

Which was today and to say both of them were nervous would be a drastic understatement.

 

“Yuta stop watching Dora and just come and help me” Yukhei screams. “Well she is more fun to watch than your constant nervous walking” Yuta responds getting up from the couch where he and Mei were watching tv.

 

When Yukhei told Johnny and Yuta he was going on a date with Mark, the two had offered to help him.

 

Johnny had helped him with the date idea and Yuta offered that he and Winwin could babysit

 

Mei and let her have a sleepover. “Since you probably want the house for yourself” Yuta had said while wiggling his eyebrows. Yukhei might have slapped him for that.

 

“So which shirt?” Yukhei says holding up two shirts to Yuta. “You should have asked Johnny for that” Yuta complains.

 

“Please make a choice” Yukhei says giving Yuta puppy eyes. “Black” Yuta says “but if he likes you it shouldn’t matter what you wear”.

 

“But isn’t that too much black on black?” Yukhei says helplessly motining to the rest of his outfit.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mark on the other side was also having a hard time.

 

“So what was the reason we need to babysit Ash again?” his mom says a smirk on her face.

 

“Mom I already told you I’m going on a date with Yukhei” Mark says blushing.

 

“What I thought you guys were already dating?” his dad says from the background feeling confused. Mark groans. He doesn’t know what did he do to deserve this.

 

“Well in that case maybe Ash should sleep over” his mom says still smiling evilly. “Oh my god mom no” Mark screams while putting his hand over his face that was as red as a tomato.

 

“I think it’s a good idea” his mom says. “NO no no I’ll just pick Ash up after the date is over”

Mark almost shouts. He mom should really stop putting these kinds of thoughts in his head.

 

“By then Ash is already sleeping, and you don’t want to disturb his sleep now do you? It’s really no big deal. Now you must leave or you’ll be late” she says.

 

“Ash honey say by to you dad” she says to Ash who is way too distracted by playing a game of bubble shooter with his granddad. “Ash, you dad is leaving” she now shouts.

 

The four-year-old responds with an “Okay bye”. It doesn’t matter how much attention you give him, nothing competes with his tablet.

 

Mark tries to argue but she doesn’t let him “Hush just go” she says as she basically pushes him out of the house. “Have fun with your boyfriend!” she tells him before shutting the door in his face.

 

Mark sighs and leaves.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So she needs to get to bed at seven and you can’t give her to many sweets, that last if you want any sleep tonight at least” Yukhei says, explaining to Yuta.

 

“Yeah yeah we won’t calm down will you, I have babysat her a million times before and I even have Winwin to help me” Yuta says.

 

“Okay then” Yukhei says kissing Mei on the forehead “bye princess be nice to uncle Yuta and Winwin okay? See you tomorrow”.

 

Mei nods and says “See you tomorrow daddy” as she excitedly pulls Yuta out of their apartment carrying her little Dora the Explorer suitcase with her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Yukhei arrives at Marks apartment he rings the doorbell and waits for a response.

 

It takes a while until Marks opens the door and motions for him to come in. “I’m sorry, I still need to put my shoes on” he explains.

 

“Mark Lee being late didn’t think I would ever get to see that” Yukhei says while chuckling.

 

“And I thought the whole day the first thing you were going to say was something cliché about my looks” Mark says teasingly.

 

“So you thought about this all day” Yukhei says back smiling.

 

“That’s all you got from that?” Mark says. “Of course not, Mark you look really great” Yukhei responds.

 

Mark laughs before dragging Yukhei out of his apartment saying “You don’t look that bad yourself”. And Yukhei just laughs.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Their ride is filled with a nonchalant conversation. When they arrive Yukhei opens the car door for Mark and they get out.

 

And Mark is full of questions which he fires at Yukhei. “What are we doing here?, Isn’t this the cafe where you work?, What are you doing? I think it’s closed. Are we breaking in?”.

 

“It isn’t breaking in when you have the key right?” Yukhei says opening the door with his key.