Chapter 6

Daddies

Mark wakes up by feeling something fall on him. He opens his eyes to see it’s Ash. “Daddy wake up” the latter says while slapping his face. Mark groans.

He hears Mei scream next to him, so he assumes she is doing the same thing to Yukhei. He tries to sit up but his leg won’t move

As soon he realizes it’s because Yukheis leg is on top of his he lets out a groan and hides his face in his hands. “Daddy, are you hiding?” Ash says now calling the attention of Yukhei and Mei.

“Noooo” Mark says removing his hands from his face to reveal a blush on his cheeks of which he hopes it goes unnoticed by the man whose leg is still entangled with his.

If Mark only knew it didn’t.

“Daddy I want food” Mei screams, which makes Mark wonder if she ever just talks instead of screaming. “Yes” Ash yells back.

“Okay okay, then get off me and get dressed” is Yukhei’s response. The kids happily complied and walk back to Mei’s room while Mei tells Ash about the princess cereal they
have.

------------------

Yukhei gets out of bed and starts changing and Mark swears he’s not staring nope he’s not.

After he’s done he turns around and looks at Mark who has rolled himself into a burrito with the blanket.

“Are you getting up?” he asks laughing at the few strands of hair that peek out of the blankets. “Nope” Mark responds.

Yukhei grins before crawling onto the bed, over Mark and he starts tickling him. Mark squirms while laughing really hard.

“Stop stop, I surrender” Mark laughs releasing his hands from the blanket burrito and holding them up.

“You better, otherwise I would have to come up with other tactics” Yukhei says. He leaves the room so Mark can change and he can fetch the by now whining kids some breakfast.

When Mark enters the kitchen he finds the kids eating cereal and Yukhei eating an enormous mountain of toast.

“What do you want to eat?” Yukhei asks “perhaps some princess cereal?” he adds teasing. Mark snorts.

“I wouldn’t want to steal your favorite” Mark says. Which leads to Yukhei almost choking on his toast.

------------------------

After breakfast, the kids want to play in the snow. Mark finds himself wondering how they still enjoy the snow that much, it’s not like it only snows once a year. They live in Canada for god's sake, so it’s really nothing new.

That’s how he finds himself a couple of minutes later out in the cold, snow in this face and a smugly looking Yukhei in front of him.

“They did it” Yukhei says motioning to the kids who are busy building a snowman. Mark raises an eyebrow.

“Mmm, I’m not sure about that” he says, grabbing a hand full of snow and pushing it in Yukhei’s face.

Which is the start of their battle, after a while, the kids join in too and the four of them are running around while laughing their heads off.

Mark is hiding when he suddenly feels something cold pressed against his skin. He lets out a surprised shriek.

That makes Yukhei laugh even harder, he takes Mark's face in his hands and says “Oh Mark your so cuteeee”.

The last word of that sentence causes Mark to have in inner battle with his thoughts. ‘What is he saying’ ‘He doesn’t mean that right’ ‘No he’s just playing around’ ‘But what if he means it’ ‘No no no he can't, nobody does’ ‘Run before it’s too late’.

Mark panics and he ends up freeing himself out of Yukhei’s grasp, grabbing a hand full of snow and stuffing it in his face.

He runs away, hoping Yukhei just thinks he’s continuing the battle and he’s right the older man doesn’t notice a thing.

------------------

After two hours they get cold and go back inside. “Do you guys want some hot chocolate?”
Yukhei asks. “YESSSSS” Mei screams back followed by Ashton’s “YEAHHHH” and Mark wonders how Taeyong hasn’t gone deaf yet.

Yukhei looks at him “Do you want some?”. “Yes, please” Mark smiles politely. Yukhei makes the drinks while Mark tries to clean the leftover snow from the kids before they’ll get it all over the house.

The kids start having a fortnight dance battle and Mark wonders what he has done to
deserve this.

They stop as soon as the see Yukhei entering with the hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini marshmallows on top. How freaking perfect does this man need to be? Why does he even have mini marshmallows?

It almost makes Mark think he did some magic snow dance and planned it all out.

They carefully drink their hot chocolate, it isn’t called hot for no reason. After they finished drinking the kids go back to flossing and Mark lowkey dies of embarrassment.

Yukhei joins in too leaving Mark laughing his guts out on the couch. “Daddy you should do it too” Ash says. Finding it extremely uncool that his dad isn’t flossing.

“I can’t do it” Mark says and he shows them his terrible skills. Which of course makes the kids laugh at him.

Luckily for him, Yukhei comes to help him. “You need to move like this” Yukhei says placing his enormous hand on Mark’s hips and guiding him.

And Mark has might done it wrong a couple more times, BY ACCIDENT of course. Or that’s what he tells himself.

------------------

It’s late in the afternoon when the roads are free from snow and Mark and Ash can safely go home.

They says their goodbyes to Yukhei and Mei. Yukhei tells them he had a lot of fun and slips in an “I didn’t know you were this cute” which Mark wasn't supposed to catch but he did.

But he surely didn’t mean it the way Mark thought he meant it right? It stresses him out and it’s the only thing he can think about during the ride home and the rest of the evening.