Sleepover

The Strongest Bond

 

“Ta-da! You can have this room all to yourself, my dad's on a sales trip with our produce, so he won't be back for a week or two at least.” he showed him into his dad's bedroom.

“So ehm, sleep tight.” he sent him an awkward smile.

“Are you going? Where are you going?” Sehun's face looked worried.

“Eh, just to my room... to sleep.” he pointed out the door in the direction of his room, confused.

“I can't sleep alone.” Sehun's lower lip started trembling.

“What do you mean? Don't you have those sleeping pod thingies back home?” Jongin wrinkled his forehead.

“Yeah, but no one sleeps alone in them! Those who have been bonded sleep together as one, and those who are still searching for their other half sleep together in a huddle, five or six together per pod. Sleeping with others helps regulate the body, it keeps it healthy, encouraging the positive energies, keeping away the negative energies and you rest better.” Sehun told him in a serious and sulky voice.

“Emm.. I'm not really comfortable with sleeping next to a complete stranger.” he told him honestly. It might not be the only reason for his refusal, but it was one of them.

Sehun's mouth turned upside down. “I can't sleep alone.”.

Jongin didn't know what to say. He was definitely not letting him sleep in his bed. No way.

“You said you didn't want me to get sick. If I sleep alone, I really might get sick...” Sehun's pout took over his whole face.

Jongin wasn't sure what to do, squeezing his brain like a lemon, trying to juice some ideas out of it. Monggu joined them, nudging his leg, looking for some love and attention. That was it! Brilliant!

He picked Monggu up.

“Here. You can sleep with Monggu. He can give you warmth and he absolutely loves snuggling. He'll keep you safe.” he smiled a victorious smile, and handed Sehun the dog.

Before Sehun could come up with some more stuff to complain about, he got out of there.

Phew. That was close.

He crawled under the covers, turning off the light. It had been a long day. Long and weird.

He was about to sail away into the dreamland, when the mattress shook so violently that it nearly threw him out of bed. What was happening? He opened his eyes, only to see Sehun's crooked grin.

“What are you doing?!?” he jumped up in the bed, outraged.

“I can't sleep alone. Please don't make me sleep alone. Please.” Sehun whimpered. “I'm.. I'm scared.”.

“I'm all alone on a strange planet. I can't fall asleep alone in the dark, who knows what's hiding in it.” he added, dramatically.

“There's nothing in the dark but darkness. I'll lend you a nightlight.” Jongin offered, starting to push him out of his bed.

Sehun threw himself into his arms, wrapping both his arms around him, tight. “Please let me stay.” he snuggled up to him with desperation. Jongin could feel his defenses weaken. Damn those powers of his. He was defenseless against them.

“What did I tell you about being careful with your powers?!” Jongin growled.

“Does that mean they're working? So I can stay?” Sehun let out a happy chuckle, apparently more concerned with his sleeping arrangements than whether he was putting Jongin's life in danger.

“Fine, but just for tonight.” he heard himself saying. Oh no. Those powers of Sehun's were nothing but trouble.

 

A few minutes later, Sehun was fast asleep in his arms. He had attached himself to him, hugging him so tight that there was no escape, not even after he fell asleep. Jongin tried to wriggle himself out, but it was no use. He was stuck. 

Monggu had used the chance and joined the slumber party, spreading out over half the bed, snoring loudly.

Jongin's heart was beating so fast, he couldn't fall asleep. He wished he had been stricter and made Sehun wear the T-shirt he had given him. He was painfully aware of how void of clothes Sehun's upper body was, the uncomfortable feeling in his chest making him nervous. He had never felt like this before. Every cell in his body was on edge, full of anticipation. All Sehun had to do was breathe, and a swarm of butterflies invaded Jongin's gut.

He wasn't stupid. He knew all the signs were pointing in the same direction. But he just wasn't sure why. He had never had feelings like this towards a guy before. If that guy was of another species entirely, did that still mean he was gay? He sighed. But if everything he was feeling was caused by Sehun's powers, did that mean they weren't really his feelings? But they felt so real.

One thing was clear, there was something special about this beautiful boy he was holding in his arms.