Binding Choices

The Strongest Bond

 

Jongin yawned. He stretched out his body and scratched his head. He hadn't slept this well in years. He felt re-energized and happier than he had in a long time. He rubbed the sleepy dust from his eyes and checked his phone. It was almost two o'clock in the afternoon! He had always been a total sleepyhead but this was maybe overdoing it a bit.

He rolled on the side, snuggling up to the covers, when he noticed Sehun fast asleep next to him. Oh. Right. He had forgot. The events of the night came crashing over him, almost giving him a headache. His memory was hazy, and weird. Had he dreamt the whole thing? No, the bowl was still there on the nightstand. Remembering how sick Sehun had been, he swiftly put his hand on Sehun's forehead, sighing in relief when his temperature was normal.

What was that though? The ghost of the euphoric episode he had had during the night still lingered. Had he caught the bug Sehun had, getting all feverish too? He checked his forehead just to be sure. It too was normal temperature.

Anyway, it didn't matter. Whatever it was, it was over now. He felt really good, great even, and Sehun was sleeping like a baby. All was well.

 

Jongin crawled out of bed, careful not to wake Sehun up. He caught himself humming on the way to the bathroom. He was in a great mood. He felt so light and bright. He just wanted to dance through a field full of flowers, in the sun, singing at the top of his lungs. Maybe it was because he finally had the courage to say no to Sehun. He was free. He had expected to feel more guilty, but he just felt happy.

Still slightly sleep drunk, he squeezed some toothpaste on his toothbrush. As he put the toothbrush in his mouth, he happened to glance into the mirror. He did a double take, staring at his reflection.

A blue diamond.

There was a mark on his forehead, shaped like a blue diamond, in the exact same place as Sehun's.

Jongin closed his eyes, hoping he was hallucinating, that it would be gone when he opened his eyes again.

Nope. Still there.

His heart started racing as he panicked.

It had to be a dream, it just had to!

Or, Sehun had drawn it on him to ! Yes! That was it.

 

Jongin ran into the bedroom, the toothbrush still in his mouth, shaking Sehun awake.

“Wuhh... whaahh... whaaat?” Sehun mumbled, still half asleep.

“Do you see this?!” Jongin frantically pointed at his forehead.

“See what?” Sehun blinked tiredly, trying to focus.

Oh! Could it be that Jongin had just imagined it? If Sehun didn't see anything out of the ordinary on his face, maybe there was nothing there.

“Oh, you mean the mark.” Sehun grinned happily.

Damn.

“Did you draw it on there, to be funny?” Jongin asked, holding his breath, praying he would say yes.

“No, silly.” Sehun chuckled. “When we consummated the bond last night, you got one too. It's the mark of our eternal love for each other.” Sehun beamed.

“Huh?” Jongin's jaw smashed into the floor. “I don't... I don't remember us sleeping together.” he shook his head. This was not happening. This couldn't be happening. He had clearly refused to do anything of the sort.

Jongin let himself fall onto the bed.

“Okay, tell me exactly what happened last night. Just, talk to me like I'm an idiot, explain every last detail.” Jongin requested, stunned.

“I got the turoq fever.” Sehun started, but Jongin interrupted him.

“The turoq fever?”.

“Yeah, it's like the body taking over and telling you it needs to consummate the bond, like.. it's like the process of gluing the two halves together again, to make them whole.” Sehun explained like it was the most normal thing in the world.

“But... we didn't sleep together, did we? I mean... not sleep, sleep...but, you know...” Jongin nodded like Sehun was supposed to know what he meant.

“We held hands.” Sehun nodded fervently, his face in full eyesmile-mode at the mere thought of it.

“No, not hands... I mean, did we...” Jongin started, frustrated, but stopped mid-sentence.

“Wait...” Jongin got a terrible hunch. “..holding hands... caused this?” he pointed at his forehead.

“Mhm!” Sehun nodded cheerfully. “The bond was formed, can't you feel it?” he beamed.

When he said it, Jongin noticed he kind of did feel it. He couldn't really describe it, but he could feel that there was some invisible force connecting them together, and the closer he was to Sehun, the better he felt.

“Take it off! The mark... take it back!” Jongin almost yelled at him, seriously freaked out.

“I can't.” Sehun pouted like Jongin was being really unfair and weird about this.

“You can't just put it on my forehead without asking my permission! I should have a choice!!” Jongin argued, shocked and pissed at the same time. He didn't even want to consider the future consequences this mark would bring. He just wanted to get rid of it.

“You did have a choice. You chose me.” Sehun mumbled, his pout growing in intensity.

“What? I didn't choose anything? When did I choose?” Jongin was up in arms.

“The bond doesn't form unless the feelings are mutual. If you didn't want to, the consummation ceremony would have been useless, just like holding hands normally, without anything happening.” Sehun explained.

“But you wanted to, your heart accepted my heart, so you allowed the bond to form. So it did.” Sehun shrugged, finding his smile again.

“You love me.” Sehun giggled.

 

 

Uhm...