First Time

Echoes A Spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Irene looked at her reflection and smiled at they stylist who gave her a little touch of makeup for the next shoot. She was just casually sitting in her chair (everyone had a specific chair) rereading her script while Bogum was doing his shoot with Joy and other cast.

 

“Unnie, did you eat?” Irene gazed at her manager unnie, who was sitting beside her for moral support and help.

 

“No, I haven't because you haven't too. We should eat together.” 

 

Irene chuckled and nodded, “I told you many times unnie that you can eat without me. Don't take care of me too much or I'll be spoiled.”

 

“Well, I am your manager so, I do have to take care of you. Can't ignore my duty.” Manager unnie teased.

 

“Irene! We'll be ready with your scene after a short 30 minute  break!” The director yelled and everyone smiled as they got a small break to regain their energy.

 

“Irene unnie!!” 

 

And here comes Miss Joy aka the tall human being.

 

“You were great there, Joy-shi” Irene’s manager complimented the latter and she smiled widely, muttering ‘I know’

 

“Oh….Irene unnie,” Joy giggled while staring Irene teasingly.

 

“You were hella drunk few nights ago.” 

 

Yes, few days had passed since that drunken fate and due to hectic shooting and work, Joy and Irene didn't get to see each other much nor talk.

 

“I know, you don't have to remind me!” Irene whispered because she saw Joy’s eyes which resembled Yeri’s and those kind of eyes always meant trouble.

 

“Do you remember what you talked about though?” 

 

Irene stayed numb and didn't answer because she remembered it crystal clear. She remembered how the name tipped out of perfectly.

 

“Seems like you don't- let me enlighten you, you talked about this rich person whose name sounds manlier and—”

 

Before Joy could speak further, Irene playfully   pinched the latter’s arm and hissed,

“Shut up! I know what I said.”

 

“Oh, fantastic then, I need to hear more.”

 

“What?” 

 

Joy sheepishly smiled, “I need to hear more of it since you kept it hanging because you got knocked out that night”

 

“I told you I couldn't handle alcohol well.” Irene said nonchalantly.

 

“Woah woah! You told the opposite, unnie!” 

 

Irene just sighed, “I don't have anything to say though, we have shooting right now, Joy. Maybe another time.”

 

“Incase you forgot, we have a 30 minute break right now and since we've been chatting nonsense, we wasted four minutes of our time, great.” Joy rolled her eyes.

 

“I'll treat you to lunch unnie. What do you say?”

 

Irene wanted to deny the offer because she was set to have lunch with her manager unnie but she saw her oh so lovely unnie having lunch with no other than Joy’s manager oppa.

 

And wasn't she the one talking about ‘we should eat together’

 

“Unnie, I'm still waiting for an answer.” 

 

She shook her head, “Not today, Joy. You might get me drunk this time too.”

 

“Unnie! I don't drink in daylight!” 

 

Irene smiled a bit and was about to reject the offer because accepting it means talking about the past, which she really wanted to share it with someone, but it was kind of hard too. Like she wanted to let go of her pain but still, she wanted to hold onto it, because it mended her broken parts.

 

The memories mended her broken heart.

 

“Irene-shi! Would you like to have lunch with me?” 

 

Here comes the charming hero of the drama with a sweet smile obviously meant to impress Irene.

 

Irene gave him a small smile,
“I'm sorry, Bogum-shi, but I can't.”

 

“It's totally on me, Irene-shi. I know this famous restaurant near here, my friend recommended it. You have to join.” Bogum tried again.

 

Irene purely faked a smile this time and said, 

“Sorry, Bogum-shi but I have lunch plan with Joy right now. Hopefully next time.”

 

Joy who was standing there beside Irene the whole time, happily smiled and nodded her head once Bogum looked at her for confirmation.

 

“Oh, maybe I could join?” 

 

Joy laughed because it was really fun seeing Bogum frustrated like that and making subtle move to win over Irene which was quite impossible.

 

“Ah, Bogum oppa, maybe next time. I'm trying to get unnie more.” Joy made up an excuse so that Bogum could stop whatever dumb move he was making.

 

Without waiting for his reply, both of the actress walk away to a certain restaurant that Joy recommended.

 

 

 

“This is really tasty.” Joy beamed.

“It's just chicken” Irene replied.

“Chicken is the best.”

 

Apparently Joy had recommended a fried chicken restaurant out of Irene's dismay. Irene can't eat chicken because it gave her an upset stomach once and she hadn't dared to eat it again. But she was thankful when she saw the menu, because they not only sold fried chicken but other items too.

 

“So Seungwan huh?” 

 

Irene almost choked on her food due to Joy’s sudden statement. 

“Yes…”

“What’s the family name?” 

“Son Seungwan.”

 

Irene faintly blushed and Joy noticed it quickly. While devouring her chicken, she asked,

“Does it make you uncomfortable when you talk about her?”

 

Irene quickly shook her head, “I thought it would but it didn't…I just wanted to talk about it with someone I guess. Saying her name gives me energy and I would say it every second if I was given a chance. But I'm not in the position anymore to call for her”

 

“How did you two become a thing anyway? Where did you meet? When did you guys broke up? What was the reason for the br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter