Numb

Echoes A Spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“God, you look miserable.” Irene said as she shifted beside Jennie.

 

Jennie sighed as she picked up her latte and sipped it,

 

“Our tour is starting soon, so we've been practicing.” 

 

Irene nodded as she could sympathize with the girl, she's not a singer but she knows how busy and tiring the industry can be. 

 

“Rest well too, don't overdo yourself.” Irene muttered while glancing at her.

 

Jennie smiled back at the latter and nodded like a child, “I will certainly take care of my health otherwise others are going to nag me about it.”

 

“By others you mean…?” Irene trailed off.

 

“Obviously my members, they nag a lot, especially Rose. I wonder how she didn't become a rapper because girl can spit fires.” Jennie said.

 

Irene chuckled while listening to her bestfriend’s words. She liked  listening to Jennie’s stories, because it's always funny and she genuinely cared for her friend.

 

“Oh by the way, did you read the book?” Jennie emphasized because she was a little nervous of taking out this conversation wondering how Irene will react. 

 

Irene slowly but gradually nodded, “I did. I had to read it.”

 

“Do you still love her?” Jennie asked.

 

Irene didn't hesitate and smiled,

 

“I'll always love her.”

 

Jennie hummed and chuckled because it was funny seeing Irene like that, so in love.

 

“Then shouldn't you go get her?” 

 

Irene stretched her arms as she yawned,

 

“I already texted her, we've agreed to have dinner this weekend.”

 

Jennie awed, “That's cute, unnie. I hope things work out for you guys.”

 

Irene thanked her friend, “As much I'm scared, I hope things work out this time. I don't want to repeat my stupidity again.”

 

“I couldn't call you stupid, you did what was right back then. So, I'm sure that you'll do the right thing this time too.” Jennie side hugged her unnie.

 

“You're just so sweet, Jen. I hope you take care of yourself too.”

 

Jennie laughed, “Will you come to our concert?”

 

“There's no way I'm missing it.” Irene said.

 

Jennie genuinely smiled, “Thank you, unnie but you don't have to buy the ticket”

 

Irene raised her brows, “Why is that, Miss Kim?”

 

Jennie leaned it and whispered slowly like she was telling some top up information that shouldn't be disclosed,

 

“Because I said so, Miss Bae.”

 

Jennie then took out two tickets from her handbag and handed it to Irene,

 

“It's the VIP seats unnie, bring your plus one to enjoy our concert. I know how you don't like being alone so I got two for you.” 

 

Irene smiled, “Thank you, Jen. I'll just drag Yeri with me. She loves you guys.”

 

Jennie smirked,

 

“Or you can drag your Wendy instead.”

 

Irene laughed, “That's impossible…”

 

Jennie shrugged her shoulders,

 

“If things work out between you two, which I hope they do, I order you to bring her along.”

 

“It's an order?” Irene giggled by her friend’s silliness.

 

“Yes, keep that in mind. It's an order!”

 

Irene just scoffed playfully pushing Jennie away from her.

 

 


March 25, 2015

 

Irene was packing her baggage because she had to go to Daegu to celebrate her sweet birthday. She wanted to celebrate it with her parents like every year. 

 

These past months were pure bliss as Seungwan was beside her. Irene admits that sometimes she feels scared but she doesn't let it show. If Seungwan is with her, then she doesn't think about the world. Irene knew what people could say if she decides it come it. It's hard, especially in Korea, but she has to do it one day. She can't hide Seungwan forever.

 

So, with all of her gut she decided to tell her parents tonight. She has do it because she knows that Seungwan doesn't want to be hidden anymore. They want to flaunt their love, but it's just so hard especially for Irene, she isn't used to stuff like this. But she wants to try, at least for Seungwan.

 

“You already ready?” Seungwan asked while drying her hair off with the towel.

 

Irene gazed Seungwan and smiled,
“Yes, I'm done.”

 

“Happy early birthday?” Seungwan said.

 

Irene laughed as she went near Seungwan, took the towel from her and started to dry Seungwan’s hair.

 

“Thanks but I'll be back on my birthday.” Irene flickered as she pinched Seungwan’s nose playfully.

 

“You'll be back in the evening, which , I want to wake you up with a kiss on your birthday.”

 

Irene looked anuused, “You do wake me up with a kiss every morning.”

 

“But in your birthday, it's special.”

 

“What's so special? It's a normal kiss.”

 

“I'll give you a French kiss that day.” Seungwan said utterly serious.

 

Irene smacked the girl’s arm, “Stop joking.”

 

“I'm not!!!” Seungwan whined.

 

Irene shook her head, chuckling as she threw the towel on the bed. 

 

“Oh by the way, did you hear the news?” Irene asked this time.

 

“What news?” Seungwan asked while she tailed Irene, who was heading towards the living room.

 

“Yeri found a boyfriend.” Irene spilled.

 

Seungwan’s eyes went wide, “What!? How?”

 

“She- Wait, what do you mean HOW?” Irene slightly raised her voice because ‘how’ was out of question. Did Seungwan think Yeri wasn't capable of wooing someone.

 

Seungwan laughed, “She got a boyfriend? Who is it?”

 

“Someone from her batch, I forgot the name of that boy. She was swooning when we talked about it.” Irene disclosed.

 

“It's surprising that she found someone, she's so devilish. I'm genuinely happy for her.” Seungwan ended with a small smile.

 

“Do you wanna bet on if they will last or not?” Irene asked with a slight smirk.

 

Seungwan looked her girlfriend and equally smirked,

 

“I want to vote on ‘no, they won't be together’,” 

 

Irene groaned, “But I was going to vote on that!” 

 

Seungwan teased Irene by sticking her tongue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter