Bones

Echoes A Spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 23, 2014

 

“That's not fair!” Irene whined as she pouted which made Seungwan chuckle.

 

“Everything is fair here, Hyun..” Seungwan softly said. They had been playing monopoly and Irene was on the verge of bankruptcy.

 

“This game is stupid.” Irene said while she crossed her arms and stared at the monopoly board, more like glared.

 

“It's just a game, no hard feelings attached, joohyun.” Seungwan said as she leaned closer beside Irene.

 

“This game makes no sense at all, it only makes us mad.” 

 

“Makes you mad, I'm not mad.” Seungwan said as a matter of fact which got Irene to glare at her.

 

Irene stood up and locked gazes with Seungwan, “Play the whole damn game alone. Bye.”

 

Seungwan chuckled, “Come on, why are you even mad? It's just a game which you are terrible at. I'm glad that you didn't major on business.”

 

Irene looked her unbelievably, Seungwan was having fun teasing Irene and seeing her angry face, honestly she looked cute.

 

“That's rude.” Irene sadly said. 

 

Seungwan stood up and wrapped Irene within her embrace and kissed her cheek, “I'm just joking, Hyun. Don't take the game seriously, that game is stupid.”

 

Irene closed her eyes and leaned her head on Seungwan’s chest while smiling brightly, “This feels good. I feel happy.”

 

“Happy that I smell good?” Seungwan joked.

 

Irene gently rubbed Seungwan’s back, “Happy that it's you and me.”

 

“I'm happy too.” Seungwan smiled while holding Irene closer.

 

“But you'll go back…” Irene whispered.

 

Seungwan Irene’s hair, “But I'll be back.”

 

“You'll be gone for so long, I'll feel alone.” 

 

“I'll be back without you realizing, Joohyun.” Seungwan assured her.

 

Seungwan was going back to Canada to celebrate Christmas with her family and stay there for few weeks, she wanted to return back after Christmas but unfortunately, she couldn't break her promise with her parents. She had to stay with them for a while.

 

“We can't spend our first Christmas and New Year's together.” Irene sadly pointed out.

 

“There's always next year. We'll celebrate it next time.” Seungwan said.

 

Irene hummed as she just stayed on Seungwan’s arms that felt so secure and warm. She wanted to stay like that forever.

 

 

December 25, 2014

 

Seungwan had already gone and Irene was left alone to celebrate it with her parents back on Daegu. She was happy to meet back her parents after so long, she rarely gets the chance to come back home. 

 

“I missed your dishes” Irene said while she started to dig in on what her mother had cooked for them. They were having a Christmas dinner and Irene wondered if Seungwan is happy there with her family too.

 

“You should visit often, I will make these for you anytime.” Her mom enthusiastically said. 

 

“I wish” Irene chuckled. 

 

“How's work going on, darling?” Her dad asked this time with a small smile.

 

Irene then noticed how her parents have become smaller, she was used to seeing them big and boarder but now that she looked, they seemed slacked off, they were stiff. Irene sighed as she realized she's not a kid anymore. It pained her heart to see her parents small and vulnerable.

 

“Honey? Why are you crying?” Her concerned mother asked as she quickly dashed beside Irene’s side.

 

“If it is about work, I'm sorry for asking you about it, darling.” Her father sweetly said which made her tear up even more.

 

“I…I just missed you guys so much.” Irene shuttered before completely breaking down in front of her parents.

 

To think, they were all that Irene had. They didn't question her life choices, they always supported her. It made Irene feel so blessed. 

 

“We missed you too baby. We're always here, waiting for you, don't forget that if you're having any kinds of troubles, Joohyun.” Her mother caressed her and hugged her while tearing up herself.

 

Irene really felt happy and safe, both in her parents arms and in her Seungwan’s arms.

 

After dinner, Irene sat on her bed while reading some small script for an ad. She had a few shoot here and there, not to big but her company had promised her about getting her a script that she deserved because of her beauty and of course, acting. 

 

Irene checked her phone and saw that it was half past 10 in the night, so she excitedly stood up and went to retrieve a packaged gift from her bag. Seungwan had given her when she had p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter