Echoes A Spark

Echoes A Spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You've changed, Seungwan” Irene croaked as she carefully looked Wendy, her features that she admired had changed but Irene hoped her heart was still the same.

 

“Nothing stays intact, Irene” Wendy said rather not looking at Irene in the eyes. The eyes that she loved so much, Irene’s heart broke that it feared her now.

 

“H-How have you been?” Irene asked slowly, afraid that Wendy might reject her.

 

“Let's order first?” Wendy said, and it was much softer than before. 


 
Irene nodded, a little flustered by Wendy’s glance, it still makes her freeze. She could never get tired of it. 

 

After ordering, they fell in complete silence, Irene trying to come up with words to talk, and Wendy just playing with her rubber band.

 

Wendy cleared getting Irene to look at her. Irene gulped, “Y-Yea?”

 

Irene didn't know why she was shuttering, she never shuttered like this before but maybe it was because she had Seungwan before.

 

“I loved your last movie” Wendy said.

 

Irene immediately smiled, “Did you watch it?”

 

Wendy nodded, getting a little comfortable by now, “Whole nation did, it was a huge hit.”

 

Irene shyly smiled, “Thank you”

 

“I'm…happy to see you living your dream, you've got it now.”  

 

Irene’s heart burned like how it used to do in the past. It was like nothing changed, they were still kids trying to understand the meaning of love.

 

“All thanks to people who have supported and loved me, those who believed me.” Irene said while sipping her glass of wine.

 

“You've always worked hard, you deserve it. That's the trait I admire the most, you always shine wherever you go” Wendy said, and Irene had to admit that it was the sweetest thing ever said to her. Wendy was still the sweetest and humblest.

 

“Thanks…I guess I owe it to you. I just want to say I'm sorry...for what I did.” Irene said.

 

Wendy shook her head immediately, “Don't say you're sorry, you did what you thought was right.”

 

“But it pains me too much, taking that decision.” Irene admitted.

 

Wendy didn't reply back, Irene took the initiative,

 

“Seungwan…You've always…been in my thoughts, there was never a day that I didn't thought of you. I broke our promise leaving you behind when we said we'd walk the flower road together.”

 

Irene oozed out a strong and lovable emotions that she had been keeping it inside her heart for awhile.

 

“You're presence still echoes a spark within my heart like how it did when we first kissed.”

 


April 7, 2015

 

Irene had been thinking about everything, about what her mother said, it rang through her mind every now and then. It was stressing her out. She closed her eyes as she took the time to think about what has happened these past weeks.

 

Her birthday was celebrated nicely, all thanks to Yeri’s idea of surprising her. Though the happiest was when Seungwan came in with a hamster costume, declaring her love in front of Yeri, who was cringing the most.

 

It was all good; that's what Irene wants to believe but Irene still felt scared, though she shouldn't because Seungwan was there too, but she didn't want the others to judge her choice in her life. She wondered what reactions she could get if people found out, if her neighbors found out. It was hellish.

 

“What are you thinking, beautiful?”

 

The same sweet honey voice that she came to love the most, asked.

 

Irene didn't mind opening her eyes because if she sees Seungwan right now, she could break down. 

 

“Just…thinking” Irene replied.

 

“Am I disturbing you with your thinking process? I'm sorry if I am.” Seungwan said and Irene could feel her sincere apology.

 

Irene didn't say anything in return as her mind went to the images of her parents, of their faces when she had won something in school. She remembered their broken faces when they heard about quitting high school, still they took the time to smile and support.

 

But the images of her mother breaking down comes to her mind often, and it stings her. She said them that she'll always make them happy and proud but Irene was feeling guilty.

 

And then there’s Seungwan, sweet and caring Seungwan who sings her to sleep, who laughs with her while watching the tv show, who aspires and pushes her to achieve her dream. 

 

Seungwan, who loves her fully.

 

“Seungwan…” Irene voiced out wondering if she was still there.

 

“Hmm?” Seungwan hummed beside her.

 

“I've been thinking…”

 

“I know, you've been doing it for a while now.” 

 

Irene opened her eyes and stared those lovely eyes that made her trip.

 

“I told my mom about us.” 

 

“I presume she didn't take it well?” 

 

“How’d you know?” Irene asked.

 

Seungwan’s face fell, as she mumbled, “If she had taken it well, you could've said it by now.”

 

That was true, Irene shared every happy incident with Seungwan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter