Our differences

Echoes A Spark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's always a difference between real life and stories. Stories tend to make you feel loved and they always in particular serve the readers a happy ending, same goes with movies and dramas. There's always a twist in in but at last, most of it have happy ending.

But, reality was far more dangerous and complicated. One wrong situation and everything falls apart. Not only that, it's hard to find a happy ending in reality.

That's why Irene became an actress. An actress who only played romantic roles. An actress who was a er for  happy endings. The beauty who preferred love, but never spoke about it.

Bae Irene, who was taking  Korea by a storm. With her excellence in acting and beauty, she was named the ‘Aphrodite of Korea’. It was surely an embarrassing name for which she got teased by her staff members and her managers a lot. 


Irene was carefully reading the script of the new movie she was going to star in. It was an interesting story about two lovers meeting afterlife(she doesn't even know if that's real or not), but she loved the concept about it so she immediately signed the contract without any hesitation. 

“Irene? Are you ready to go?” Her manager unnie said once she settled down inside the apartment that the actress owned.

“I'm done already, unnie. I'll just check if I have my passport or not…” Irene softly said as she fiddled inside her handbag checking if she had the passport or not.

“I'm all set to go.” She breathed out after she was done with her fiddling or whatsoever. Irene was an organized person, so there's no chance of her forgetting the passport yet she always checked it.

The movie shooting was going to be out of the country, probably in Japan. Irene quite doesn't remember this kind of stuffs but yet she can memorize her lines perfectly. 

After settling down in the car, she slowly opened a novel that she found had been lying lifelessly on her room for some time but never got a chance to read it because of the hectic schedule and tiredness. It was a gift from her dongsaeng, Yeri, which was quite unbelievable because that small devil never bought her gifts. It was usually her buying and treating Yeri to goods. With the thought of what kind of book Yeri gifted her, she brought it along the trip this time.

“Isn't it great? You're starring in the most anticipated movie of next year.” Her manager happily said while focusing on driving. 

Irene smiled and nodded, 
“It indeed is. The storyline is very unique and breathtaking. I can't wait for the viewers to feel this movie.” 

“Not only that, you're costarring with Bogum for god sake! This is indeed amazing, imagine all the ruckus the fans are going to cause.” 

Irene could tell that her manager was really interested in Bogum because she was swooning right now with just the thought of it. 

Irene chuckled because of her manager’s cuteness,

“What's there with costarring with Bogum though? It's not even a big deal, unnie.”

“Well, did you forget the news few months ago? The news about Bogum stating that you were perfect for his ideal girlfriend and stuffs.” 

Oh, how could Irene forget that. 

Because of Bogum’s bluntness in some variety show, it had caused quite a roar and shippers were shipping them endlessly. Heck, Irene even got messages telling her to marry Bogum. 

“That news gave me a headache.” Irene truthfully stated.

“Bogum is pretty handsome, you would fit right well with him. I guarantee that you will like him at the end of the shooting.” 

Is her manager mad?
Or is she just too blinded by Bogum?

Irene  couldn't decide on the answer but she won't deny that Bogum is handsome. That guy wasn't named the most handsome actor for nothing.

“I admit that he is handsome, but I don't have time to fall in love with a costar.”

Manager unnie shushed her quick, “Then just let me imagine you guys together.”

 

 

“Irene-shi, it's a pleasure to be working with you.” Bogum said with confidence radiating from his shoulders.

“Likewise, Bogum-shi” Irene returned the gesture with a smile. They all were inside the airlines lobby, waiting for the announcement of their flight. Almost all of the staffs and actors were already present. 

“I saw your last movie, it was quite endearing and beautiful.” Bogum said hoping to start a conversation with Irene, who was just lost in her thoughts.

Irene glanced Bogum and smiled, a genuine one, while thanking for his remarks.

“Thank you, that means a lot.”

Bogum felt as if he got punched because seeing Irene smile so closely made you feel that. 

“How do you find this script?” Irene asked this time.

Bogum blinked for awhile, processing what Irene has just asked and with a beam, he was ready to answer but got interrupted.

“Annyeong hasimnikka!”

“Annyeong, Joy-shi” Bogum greeted back to the tall and pretty lady who was standing in front of them with a huge smile plastered on her face. 

Irene also gave a slight nod and acknowledged the latter even though it was the first time that they actually met. Irene heard of Joy and had also watched few movies starring the latter. She definitely acknowledged Joy’s acting and skill of presenting the lines in a good way. 

“I'm so sorry if I interrupted you guys or something. I just wanted to greet you guys and introduce myself as I was unable to come to the script reading last week.” Joy formally apologized with a slight bow.

“It's no big deal, Joy-shi. We understand that works can get a little bit hectic.” Bogum said and Irene nodded in agreement. The quiet and lonely Bae Irene mode was already on, so she could not get attached with any of the costar because attachment meant detachment later on and it hurts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter