Like Fathers, Like Son

Which?

A mess: that's what it is. That's the situation when ALL the NCT sub-units come together in one room.

Doyoung looks like he's going to burst into flames. Taeyong is trying to talk but cannot. And Jisung is running back and forth following a crying Jiyong being passed on to each of the members of the group.

"Hey! Give the baby to me it's my turn!"

"Guys! Time's up, it's my turn!"

"This is so unfair! You've had your share of cuddles with Jiyong already!"

Oh yes. The whole dorm is a mess. Blame SM for them being this many.

"Guys, let's calm down now and give Jiyong back to his parents." Kun speaks trying to control everything.

"I'm not done yet!" Someone (probably Chenle) screamed.

Doyoung had enough and approached Renjun hastily and snatched the kid away from his arms. The Chinese was stunned at the gesture and almost cried. He did not deserve the treatment. Out of all the boys, he was the most gentle on caring for the baby.

"I'm sorry but time's up." Doyoung firmly said and all of the members dropped their shoulders and went to get their bags and went on their respective rooms. "See? They even haven't done fixing themselves after their trip!" Doyoung added.

"Easy Youngie. They 're just excited to see the baby." Taeyong said.

"Excited my . My baby is about to be dismembered!"

"Oh so it's my baby now, huh?" Taeyong smirked.

"And I thought you never cared for him?" Jisung added.

Doyoung just widened his eyes, "Shut up!" And Doyoung left carrying the baby in his arms.

"See that? I think he became soft because of Jiyong. He just doesn't want to admit it." Taeyong said smiling.

---

"Can we just bring him along?" Doyoung said worriedly.

NCT 127 had an invitation from Running Man and will be guesting for the whole day so they don't have someone to look after the baby. The best choice was the WayVs but they have a meeting with Lee Sooman and then will fly back to China for their version of Idol Athletics. The only ones who are vacant are the Dreamies; their bunch of babies.

"It will be okay Doyoung. And besides, Jisung is with them. He knows what to do." Taeyong assured but the other is not convinced.

"Yes. Jisung is with them but he's a baby too! In fact he's the baby of all the babies in our baby unit."

"Yet matured."

"And how about the others?"

"We have no choice Youngie. We have to trust them."

And so it was decided.

"Jisung, you know what to do, right?" Taeyong asked and the maknae nodded his head. "Okay, his baby snacks are on the cupboard in the kitchen. The baby formula is with it too. They are in canisters. His bottles are already filled with water and you just have to put one canister full in every bottle."

"Okay hyung."

"His diapers are on the bathroom and don't forget to put some powder in his groin area but make sure it is dry before putting a new diaper."

"Yes hyung."

"And please, please take care of him very carefully. And if something unusual happens, call me immediately."

"Yes hyung."

"Don't worry, Taeyong hyung. We can help him out." Chenle assured.

"I doubt that." Doyoung mumbled.

"I'm hoping so too, Chenle. Now we have to go. Bye."

"Bye. Say bye to appa Taetae." Jisung said and lifted the baby's small arms and waved goodbye to his hyungs.

Taeyong closed the door behind him and silence followed in the room...for 5 seconds and then every Dreamie screamed and jumped around the living room except for Jisung.

"Yeah!!!!! We're free!!!!" Chenle screamed.

"Yeah! No curfews and 'do not do this and do not do that' in the next few hours!" Jaemin added.

"Who's in for some "apple juice"?!" Jeno asked and everybody except one raised their hands.

"How about you Jisung?" Chenle asked.

"No, thanks. I'll pass. I have a kid to take care of." Jisung smiled at them.

"Oh come on maknae. You're no fun." Haechan whined.

"I am fun. You all know that. And why are you here? You're supposed to be with the 127 hyungs."

"Well, I am still under recovery and the doctor do not allow me to do heavy activities like what they do in Running Man so Manager-nim left me with you. And besides I'm a dreamie too. I deserve some day off."

"I'll get the "apple juice" ready. Nana! Ready the games!" Jeno shouts.

The dreamie party is then in full swing. Jaemin, Jeno and Haechan are playing Mario Kart. The Chinese boys are playing Jenga.

While the teenage father is now in the kitchen rushing to put the milk in the baby bottle with a crying baby in the background.

"Yongie-ah, please just wait." Jisung said almost into tears while shaking the baby bottle mix.

When he was finally done, he immediately chug it to the crying baby's mouth, making him quiet. He dropped down on the nearest chair closed his eyes. Now the background noise is Haechan screaming for losing another round Mario Kart.

"Jisung, are you okay?" Chenle asked.

"Yeah." Jisung replied without looking at Chenle.

"Tired?"

"Not so."

"Oh yes you are."

Silence invaded the kitchen as Chenle get a glass of water from the fridge.

"So this is how my parents felt when I was a baby." Jisung started again. "It's really hard."

"But it seems like you are enjoying it." Chenle pointed and Jisung smiled at him.

Then suddenly, Long Flight boomed in the speakers, alarming the 2 maknaes.

"Hey guys lower it---"

Chenle did not finish speaking as he saw the baby's arms flailing and smiling so much and mumbles.

"Oh look! Jiyong is reacting to Taeyong-hyungs song!" Chenle said gaining the attention of everybody.

The remaining dreamies ran towards the baby and adored him.

"Oooooh. I gotta get a video of this and send it to Taeyong-hyung." Haechan said pulling his phone out and recorded the video.

"Oh he's so cute!" Renjun uwued.

After the song finished, Jiyong behaved again as if nothing happened. Jisung then carried him to the living room and lay him on the baby mat and played Jenga with the Chinese boys.

Then another song played, this time it's I Don't Need Your Love by HRVY and The Dreamies. But what made it more special is the fact that Jiyong only mumbles everytime he hears Jisung's lines.

"Sungie-ah, I think he really is your son. He only reacts to your voice." Jaemin said.

"Hyung, he only reacts to my voice because he always hear me everytime. Same thing with Taeyong-hyung and Doyoung-hyung."

But then, the unexplainable happened...

Havana played...

"What the?!" Jeno yelled

The Dreamies took notice to see baby Jiyong rolled in his lap trying to raise his up.

Haechan found it hilarious and recorded it. Renjun and Chenle are clapping their hands like seals because of excitement.

"And you were saying?" Jaemin said smirking.

And Jisung dropped his jaw.

---

That night the other members arrived at their dorms and the dreamies, like the baby's they are reported everything that they did, including what baby Jiyong had been doing as well. They also showed the videos (especially the Havana dance) and each member laughed their guts out teasing Doyoung at the same time.

They are having dinner altogether when Taeyong's phone rang.

"Hello?...Yes Manager-nim!...What.?...Okay." then Taeyong put his phone back on his pocket and went back to his seat. Jaehyun noticed that Taeyong has a serious look in his face so he asked.

"Who was that?" Jaehyun asked.

"It's our manager."

"What did he say? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is okay." Taeyong replied flatly.

"The results of the paternity test are now in." He added.