Neo Culture Tension

Which?

Being the responsible one to cook for the day, Kun woke up from his sleep and proceed to the kitchen only to find his leader already chopping some onions…in a sort of forceful manner. The Chinese noticed and knew why Taeyong was acting the way he is. He also knows Taeyong is not the kind of person to project his anger to people but for Kun, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

 

“Taeyong, what are you cooking for breakfast?” the Chinese asked, only to be answered by silence and the tap of the knife chopping now the meat. It’s early but the tension is already there. So he asked another question.

 

“Can I help you?”

 

“Can you set the tables please?”

 

“Oh. Okay.” And Kun obeyed.

 

Again, silence spread on the kitchen and dining area, until another voice greeted them.

 

“Good morning yeoreobeun!” Lucas said in a lively way and sat down on the chair he first sees, pulling up his phone from the garters of his pajamas and scrolls through it.

 

Then one by one came the other members around the dining table. Finding their seat and surprisingly being silent rather than being rowdy and chatty about any topic. Yuta came and went directly to Taeyong who is now busy cooking something and the Japanese noticed that the fire is a bit much for something his leader cooks.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Don’t worry about me Yuta. I’m fine.” Taeyong replied in a cold manner.

 

Then came Doyoung and sat beside Jaehyun.

 

“And oh. By the way Yuta.” Taeyong said while glaring at Doyoung. “Thank you for your concern. At least you’re not a traitor like someone else in here.

 

Every member heard of what their leader said and the silence became very stronger and at the same time a glaring and silently fuming Doyoung tried to stand up only to be pulled down by Jaehyun back to his seat.

 

Then came Moon Taeil carrying the new addition in the family. “Good morning everybody and please say hello to our baby Jiyong here.” Taeil said while rocking the baby playing with him.

 

Lucas, Chenle and Jaemin, being child-loving and playful people stood up and cooed at the baby. The remaining members never been thankful for that moment.

 

“I really hope this tension will end.” Winwin said quietly.

 

“Me too.” Yuta replied as he sat beside the Chinese that he always admired.

 

Not for long, Taeyong’s new cooked food was served in their midst. Altogether they said their thanks and started to dig in, except for Jaehyun who noticed that there are missing people in the dining area.

 

“Where’s Mark and Jisung?”

 

“They’re probably in Jisung’s room.” Haechan replied. Looking up to his specific hyungs who suddenly stiffened at the mention of a name making 127’s maknae cautious on what to say. “Uhm. Mark took care of Jisung because Jisung can’t stop crying last night and only slept when Mark-hyung cuddled with him.”

 

“Poor Jisungie, he must’ve been shocked.” Renjun said.

 

“Wow I’m surprised. After what he did he will be shocked? I’d say he should be afraid.” Doyoung savagely said.

 

“Doyoung.” Jaehyun reprimanded.

 

“You have some guts after what you did to Nari-ssi.” Taeyong retorted.

 

At that moment, Doyoung snapped and yelled “Why do I feel I’m the one to blame here?! You and Jisung are doing things behind our backs!”

 

“As if you weren’t doing something behind our backs!” Taeyong yelled back putting the plate of food forcefully on the table and glared at Doyoung.

 

“Both of you! Enough! Stop it!” Taeil yelled making the baby in his arms cry.

 

“Uhm hyung? Can I take care of baby Jiyong for a while?” Jaemin offered.


“Thank you Jaemin. Here.” Taeil gave the baby to the teenage boy.

 

“I’ll take him to my room.” Jaemin said.

 

“Hey. I’ll go with you. I’m sure you haven’t fixed you room. I know you.” Jeno stood up from his seat and followed Jaemin and so as the rest of the Dreamies except Haechan.

 

When the younger ones were gone, a more tensed silence lingered and was only broken when Jaehyun sighed.

 

“Can we please be sensible people here? I don’t want to be angry but Taeyong-hyung, Doyoung-hyung, and even Jisungie; you made mistakes. And there IS a consequence. And the three of you should try, at least, to solve it. Getting angry at each other will not take you anywhere.”

 

Doyoung stepped out of his chair and started to walk away from the dining area.

 

“Doyoung-ah.” Taeil said worriedly.

 

“I’m going to get some fresh air.” Doyoung said and went to the door out of their apartment, closing it with force leaving the rest stunned still and worried of the situation.