Alternative Ending 3: Chapter 10.3 - We Got Married

Which?

5 years later


"Come on, Jiyong! We have to go." Jaemin called for his godson while fishing out the keys of his car on the table.


"But I wanna watch "We Ke Ber"! The young boy complained, humping on the sofa.


Jaemin sighed deeply. He sometimes don't understand where the heck Park Jiyong got this attitude of his.


"If we don't go now, your dad will be mad at me."


"Your fault, not mine." The boy replied and Jaemin almost lost his nuts.


"And your daddy is looking forward to see you and if we don't go there to him, he will be sad. He misses you so much already. Do you want your daddy to be sad?"


Jiyong stopped humping on the sofa and shook his head. "No. I don't want daddy to be sad."


Jaemin smiled in his thoughts, he really knows how to get through his godson so smoothly.


"We then, let's keep going." Jaemin grabbed the kid and carried him in his arms.


---


"Jiyong! Please talk to daddy." Jisung pleaded to his son as he went straight to his bedroom after going inside the house. Slightly giving a tantrum.

"What happened?" Doyoung went out of his room when he heard the commotion.


"I don't know hyung. He was so happy and giddy when we met at the restaurant but a few minutes later he's giving us tantrums." Jisung explained.


"Who's us?"


"Me, him and Yujin."


---


"Daddy!" Jiyong smiled as he runs toward his dad.


Despite the controversy of Jisung being a teenage dad, everything went really well. At first when the public found out he has a son at a very early age of 17, he was criticized and ridiculed that it almost ruined his career. Labelled as a bad influence to young people. But with the support of their company and the fans and mostly by the members, they were able to protect Jisung's career. The members take turns in caring for the kid. Even bringing him in their work. They also make sure that Jiyong is almost in every update in their social media account. And that's how Jiyong received love from every person who knows him, and never faltered especially when it comes in gaining attention. Most especially from his beloved father.
But...


"Hey buddy! I miss you." Jisung exclaimed waiting for his son to hug his legs. But the as kid was getting nearer, he suddenly stopped and was curious. His father is not alone. There's a girl with him and he is holding her hands.


"Daddy, who is she?" The boy asked curiously.


"Oh. I forgot. This is Yujin. She is my wife." Jisung introduced.


Ahn Yujin, former member of IZ*ONE. Apparently, after their disbandment, Yujin had been in a lot more projects and one of them is this, and the latest. To be married to NCT's charming maknae.


"Wife? What is a wife?" The boy followed up.


"It means she is my partner. And since she is my wife, she becomes your mother."


"My mother?" And Jisung nodded.


"And since she is your mother, you should love and care for her."


"And how about you daddy, do you love and care for her?"


Jisung sat down to be level with his son, ruffling Jiyong's hair softly. "Of course, but it's different from how you will love and care for her."


And those words triggered something from Jiyong. A sense of threat. He always believe that he is the only one who could love his daddy and in return, he is the only one that his daddy loves. And with this "woman" suddenly coming in their lives, it does not agree with him that he will share his dad with some stranger.


Jiyong looked at the girl and squinted his little eyes, an exact feat that he got from his father. Somehow, Yujin sensed something and also sat down to greet Jiyong.


"Hi Jiyong. I'm Yujin. I'm so happy to finally meet you." Yujin greeted with a smile and lifted her hands for a shake.


"Daddy can we eat now? I'm hungry." Jiyong asked, snubbing the girl in front of him.


"Uhhhh...yeah! Let's go." Jisung stuttered looking at Yujin. When the three of them stood up, Jiying suddenly pulled his father's hand, attempting to drag him inside rhe restaurant.


---


Jisung does not understand why his son is in a grumpy mood, playing with his food. Usually when then eat out, Jiyong is always these bubbly and lively kid but controllable and eats reolly well. It's the first time seeing his kid like this.


"Yongie-ah, are you okay?" Jisung asked.


"Where is Nana-samchon?" Jiyong asked.


"He's with Jeno-samchon. They went shopping." Jisung said.


"I want to go with them." Jiyong demanded.


"But they're a bit far, buddy. Why don't you finish your food first? That's your favorite."


"Is there any problem?" Yujin interjected.


"NO! I WANT TO GO TO NANA-SAMCHON AND JENO-SAMCHON!" Jiyong pounded the table making everyone in the restaurant turn their eyes on them.


"Park Jiyong?!" Jisung glared at his son, whonos also glaring back at him with a pout.


"I'll...I'll call the waiter to wrap the remaining food. Is-is-is it okay?" Yujin said and called a waiter. "I'll go the bathroom." She added.


The father and son were left at the table.


"Jiyong-ah. What's the problem?" Jisung asked trying to reach out his son's hand but pulled it away.


And Jisung knew that he is in for a long night.


---


"I think Jiyong is afraid." Doyoung concluded.


"Giving a tantrum in a public place and that's afraid? Reolly."


"You suddenly introduced to him a person that he just met and tell him that she's gonna be his mother and your partner. Of course he is afraid that you will never love him and neglect him."


And Jisung realized some other things after what his hyung told him. Jiyong being silent and intently looking at Yujin while talking to him, or if he spoonfeeds Yujin.


"I better talk to him right away." Jisung said.


---


"I deeply apologise about Jiyong earlier. I'm very sorry." Jisung said talking to the phone.


"It's okay. I really understand Jisung. He is surprised. You know, I think like a child at times. It's really threatening for a kid of there are new people their loved ones are interested in. We'll in this case, for the TV show." Yujin said and chuckled after.


Jisung smiled at the phone as well, "Thanks for the understanding Yujin-ah."


"No problem. Jisung-ah. Anyway, you better talk to your son now. We'll meet up again sometime this week."


"Hopefully everything will be better next time I bring him."


"Hopefully. But we should patiently wait for him to adjust." Yujin said.


---


Jisung entered his son's room. Because the members loved the kid so much, they have decided to give up one room to be Jiyong's room alone. There was a commotion between the members since everyone wants to give their rooms up, in te end it was decided the Jisung and Chenle's room will be given. And the two will room with Jisung goes to Jaemin's and Chenle goes with Jeno and Renjun.


Anyway, Jiyong's room is dimmed, only the planet-shaped projection lamp (given by Nana-samchon) was on. Beside it was Jiyong's bed and the boy is crouching to the side facing away from the door.


"Jiyong-ah." Jisung called as he sits at the bedside. There was no reply.


"I will not leave the room until you tell me what's wrong. I'll just keep quiet here and stay."


There was silence for a little while. Until Jisung heard sobs under the blanket.


"Does daddy not love me anymore?"


"Why do you say that, buddy?"


"You love Yujin-nim now."


Jisung was heartbroken. He did not expect his son to say those words.


"Yongie-ah, let me ask you; who is daddy's special one?"


"Jiyongie."


"What did daddy say about everything that is special?"


"No one could replace them."
"So, can I replace My Jiyongie?"


"No daddy."


Jisung flipped the blanket open, revealing his sobbing son. Cheeks red and with tears in his eyes. He hugged him.


"No matter what buddy, daddy will always and forever love you."


"Even if Yujin-nim is with you."


"Even if. Now, cuddle with daddy."


And Jiyong smiled and cuddled his dad tightly."


"Daddy, can you stay by my side tonight?


"Of course, buddy."

 

And the father and son went to sleep soundly.