That Early Morning

Which?

It was a very peaceful night in the NCT dorm…until a knock on their door was heard at 2 freaking o’clock in the morning. Jaehyun being the most sensitive slight noises was the one who got up and went to open the door. Rubbing his eyes and peeked on the scope of the door, he saw their manager carrying something. Curious, he opened the door.

“Manager-nim, what are you doing here at this time of the night?” Jaehyun asked then his focus went to what his manager was carrying. “What’s that?”

“This one is something we need to talk about right now. Can you wake the others up? It’s really important.”

Jaehyun was about to leave the door when he heard a soft cry. And he looked back to his manager and realized with wide eyes; it is a baby.

“Manager-nim, I did not know you had a kid. I thought you pledged yourself to celibacy. And you could have wait until the morning to ask us to take care of him…or her.”

The baby whine a bit louder and the manager cradled the baby to calm him down.

“Oh for goodness sake Jaehyun. This is not my child. And can you please hurry up and call the rest?” the manager said with anxiety in his words and Jaehyun still wondering, did not wait for another minute to move.
---
Every NCT member we’re now sitting on the living room. Almost all of them we’re surprised to see their manager with a kid and were saying the same thing Jaehyun said before. While the others like Mark and Lucas are busy cooing at the child doing peek-a-boos and poking at the cute cheek.

“So, what’s this about manager-nim? Why does it have to be now rather than later in the morning?” Taeyong asked.

Taking a deep breath, “Okay. So. I wanted to tell you about this in the morning, but I can’t delay it any further. Since this “news” might reach the public at lightning speed. CEO Lee was now notified and he said that I had to tell you IMMEDIATELY.”

“Can you cut the chase?” Yuta asked a bit annoyed that his sleep was cut.

With a deep breath, again, their manager spoke. “Okay. It’s about baby Jiyong. One of you is his father.”

“Oh.” Everyone replied…but it took them 5 seconds to understand what their manager meant.

“WHAAAAAT?!!!!”

“This baby’s father is one of you guys.” And the boys looked at each other, waiting for someone to flinch and admit. A deafening silence surrounded them.

“Okay. I know it’s either you don’t want to admit or you do not know when you did IT but I really hoped that if ever you had a heated moment with someone, for example, a girl that know one has an idea, you should’ve thought of using protection you know.” The manager said with a pinch of disappointment over his boys.

Taeyong being the leader started to ask again. “Where is his mother? If she was certain that one of us really is the father, she should be here.”

“That’s one problem. She cannot come.”

“Why?”

“She’s gone.”

“What? Where?” another question from everybody.

“Who is his mother?” Jaehyun asked.

“Kang Nari”

At the mention of the name, almost everyone widened their eyes.

“Kang Nari, one of our close fan-friend?” Taeyong asked.

“The one who leads the chants on every music show we are in?” Yuta adds.

“Relations Officer of the NCTzens here in Seoul?” Jaehyun adds.

“That pretty college freshman that everyone here wants to date?” Mark adds.

“HEY!” everyone replied annoyed at Mark.

“I just said what I know.” Mark defended.

“TMI.” Jungwoo said.

“Don’t overreact Mark.” Yuta reprimanded making the Canadian pout.

“Okay. So what happened to Nari-ssi?”

With a bit of sadness in the manager’s face, he said. “She died giving birth to him.”

And sadness loomed in the air.

“Her parents contacted the company, asking me to come to talk to them. That’s when I learned about Jiyong. Her parents want you to take care of the child. Not because they are bitter about what happened to their daughter or because they want you to be responsible for the consequences of your actions, but because their daughter’s final words were for you to take care of him and be close to him. A way to maintain and continue that closeness you have shared with her. They want you to fulfill them.”

“But the question is, who’s the father?” Taeil asked.

“They aren’t sure. But if you will, all of you should undergo a paternity test to determine who’s the one.”

“But I never slept with anybody for the past year.” Lucas defended.

“I’ve never been since being a trainee at SM.” Ten adds.

“And it’s sure impossible that one of the Dreamies is the father.” Johnny said.

“Except for Mark and Haechan though.” Kun adds.

“HEY!” the two boys reacted glaring towards their hyung.

“Also…” their manager started again. “…they found Nari’s diary. It was found out she was very close to three of you guys. Very close to the point of doing secret dates and they want this people to be the one to take care of Jiyong.”

And everybody were looking at each other like finding the culprit.

“Who are they?” Taeil asked.

“Taeyong”

And everybody looked at their leader not surprised at all.

“Doyoung.”

And that is when they gasped and looked at Doyoung especially Taeyong looking at him feeling betrayed. But that surprised did not last long when they heard…

“and Jisung.”