I'm Scared

Which?

Jisung sits up on his bed hugging his legs. Bags a bit visible in his eyes not being able to sleep well. Mark comes back from the bathroom after toothbrushing and tried to pull out the young one out of his bed.

 

“Come on Jisung. Let’s eat.”

 

“I’m not hungry.” Jisung replied with a broken voice.

 

Mark sighed and sat down beside and puts his hand on the youngest’s hair. Jisung unable to hold it our any longer hid his head between his chest and knees and begins to sob.

 

“H-h-hyung. I’m-I’m scared.”

 

Mark just looked at the sobbing boy keeping himself silent.

 

“What-what if I am reo-really the-the father? Wha-what if the public will-will know? Wh-what-what will CEO Lee will say? What If he-he will kick me out of the-the group and in the com-company?” Jisung said crying.

“Hey. Don’t say that. Don’t lose hope. You know the company is working out about this. For sure they will try their best to protect you. And don’t you worry. I will protect you. NCT will protect you. We will make sure you stay as our cute maknae no matter what.” Mark assured.

“But-but you saw-you saw Taeyong-hyung and Do-doyoung-hyung. I think-I think they hate-hate me. What if-what if they will tell-tell the company to kick me out.” Jisung cried more.

“I’m sure they don’t hate you. They’re just…upset. Upset that their special friend died. Upset that they never know that they were their friend’s secret to each other and that she left them, you, a baby. But if ever they make a move to kick you out, we will not let them. If it’s only the Dreamies by your side, then so be it. We will help you.” Mark said pulling Jisung to his side, the maknae leaning to his shoulder.

Mark, being the trusted hyung of Jisung, knew that the youngest had been meeting Kang Nari in secret. At first he thought it just a relationship between a boy looking up to a noona, while she looks to Jisung as a fan and idol relationship.

Until he found out that there was something more. He went inside the maknae’s room to get his phone charger that was borrowed. The room smelled different than usual that time; a mix of women’s scent and heat. And when he found his charger still plugged from the outlet, beside it was a trash bin with used condoms. At first he thought it was from the other members, knowing they had some secret intimate escapades. Only to confirm that it was Jisung’s because the young boy paled, looking at him while holding a washed bedsheet and a t-shirt and pants that not only are not his, and was very familiar and worn by a girl.

He confronted the young one who told him the truth that just slept with his noona. In the end Jisung promised he will not do it again and asked his hyung not to tell anybody. And Mark held his end of the bargain at the same time cautioned him that Jisung should be very careful.

But looks like everything they held on went down the drain.

A knock on the door sounded and then it opened halfway. Jeno’s head popped up, “Hey SUngie, hyung. Can we come in?” and the two boys inside the room nodded their heads in permission. The door opened and with Jeno were the other Dreamies but instead of Haechan was Lucas following. The last to come in was Jaemin cooing at baby Jiyong in his arms.

“You’re here too.” Mark noticed the Chinese-Thai boy.

“Did you forget? I’m a Dreamie too.” Lucas replied.

“Yeah. In your dreams.” Jaemin scoffed jokingly.

“Hey! I performed with you guys! So technically I am.” Lucas defended.

“Technically, just for one time.” Mark added making Lucas pout and the other giggled softly. But the moment of happiness was stopped.

“Can we please be sensible people here? I don’t want to be angry but Taeyong-hyung, Doyoung-hyung, and even Jisungie; you made mistakes. And there IS a consequence. And the three of you should try, at least, to solve it. Getting angry at each other will not take you anywhere.”

 

“Doyoung-ah.”

 

“I’m going to get some fresh air.”

 

Then they heard the loud slamming of the door.

 

Silence loomed for a while…

 

“This is all my fault.” The Dreamies heard Jisung said.

 

“It’s not you fault.” Jeno reassured.

 

“You heard Jaehyun hyung. I made a mistake. I have to face the consequence.”

 

“Well, he also said that you, Taeyong and Doyoung-hyung should try to solve this out.” Renjun pointed out.

 

Chenle seeing that his friend and fellow maknae is so desperate went near Jisung and hugged him. “You know, NCT is not just a group. It’s a family. All of us are here for you. And if ever the hyungs won’t, the Dreamies are here for you.” the Chinese assured.

“Include me too.” Lucas added.

“Shut up.” Jaemin jokingly said making the rest of the group laugh.

Jisung smiled for the first time that day, “Thank you hyungs.”

“Anyway, want to hold your kid?” Jaemin stepped closer and suggested.

“I—I don’t know how hyung. I’m scared. I—I might drop him.”

Jaemin smiled at him and said, “No you won’t. Here. I’ll help you.”

Mark scooted out of the bed and Jaemin sat down, passing baby Jiyong to his alleged father. Jaemin instructed Jisung where to hold, especially the head. And after placing the baby properly, Jisung started to become confident.

“Oh. Look at out baby holding his baby.” Mark cooed.

“You’re doing great Sungie.” Jeno commended.

Jisung smiled at them and then looked back at the baby.

“For some reason, he looks like you Jisung.” Chenle said.

“Let me take a picture.” Jaemin pulled out his phone and took the father-and-son moment and then showed it to everybody making everybody coo and smile the taken photo.

Then suddenly Haechan went in the room as well. “I brought food.”

The Dreamies except for Jisung ran towards the tan boy and picked the food. “Thanks Channie-hyung.” Chenle said.

“Thanks Hyuckie.” Mark said and kissed his cheek.

“Anyway, how’s everything downstairs.” Jeno asked.

“Naeh. A bit tense. Thanks for Jaehyun-hyung and Taeil-hyung they’ve put everything under control.” Haechan replied. “Hey Jisung-ah. You should eat now. I’ll take care of Yongie-ah for a while.”

“Yongie-ah? Who told you to give our baby a nickname?” Jaemin asked sassily.

“I do what I do cause I’m the maknae on top.” Haechan replied sassily too.

“But not on this room.” Jisung added making Haechan pout and everyone laugh.

“Jisung-ah! You’re mean.”