Extra

Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina hears Dahyun's perplexed voice behind her. "Why are you such in a hurry?" the girl is trying to catch up with her steps.

 

"Nayeon has been waiting for me for almost 2 hours." Mina glances at her friend and answers.

 

"Wow! You know, I never thought Nayeon is actually like this because we just became friends shortly before you two broke up so I didn't really get the chance to know her and all I ever heard from you since then was how much of an she is."

 

She stops walking causing Dahyun to bump on her back and utter a small whine from the contact. Mina faces Dahyun with a frown sculpting her forehead. "You have to take into account that I was brokenhearted by that time and I was mad. People say stupid things when we are too emotional." she defends herself.

 

"I know! Chill!" Dahyun giggles at her reaction. "I'm just saying."

 

Completely ignoring the teases, Mina continues walking. She didn't see Nayeon once they arrived at the gate. The younger of the two looks around as well. "Do you think she could have left already?" Dahyun asks.

 

"No, she said she will wait." Mina replies.

 

Her gaze lands on a nearby bus stop. There, she sees Nayeon sitting, staring at nowehere. Mina sighs, it was an adorable sight for her even when other people probably think that Nayeon looks dumb. It's kinda crazy she admits, but who cares.

 

"She's across the street Dahyun." Mina informs the girl she's with.

 

Dahyun immediately turns to where Mina pointed. "Ohh. I'll go ahead then! I'll have to meet with Momo. Take care!"

 

"Take care. Tell your girl I said hi." she says back, Dahyun nods while smiling.

 

When she stood near Nayeon's side and her girlfriend didn't even bother to glance or move at all, Mina automatically sensed that something was off. She takes the available seat next to Nayeon and gently pokes the girl's cheek. It worked, as Nayeon lifts her head and looks at her.

 

"Hey! When did you arrive?" Nayeon asks, the tone strains from trying to be cheerful.

 

"Just a minute ago. Are you okay?" concern fills Mina's voice.

 

Nayeon didn't answer the question, instead she stands up and offers a hand to Mina. "Let's go?" there was a timid smile.

 

Though Mina wanted to ask more, she complies to Nayeon's request and held her hand. They began to walk, fingers intertwined, hands swinging.

 

"Did you get rejected again?" Mina states softly. It has been few months since Nayeon graduated and luck has never been on her side as she struggles to find work.

 

Silence was the only answer Nayeon gave. Mina could also feel how disappointed Nayeon is. She presses Nayeon's palm and stops walking, making the woman look at her with a confused expression.

 

"We won't talk about those stupid employers who are neglecting you. It's their loss." Mina narrows her eyes. She felt her heart jump when she sees how a smile knocks on Nayeon's lips. "Do you want to stay over for tonight? I will cook dinner for the two of us." she continues to comfort and spoil her girl.

 

Nayeon quickly nods. The smile stretches further until it's wide enough for Mina to be satisfied.

 

They resume walking hand in hand. Mina apologized for making Nayeon wait for so long and stated it was because she missed out the texts and only read them after the class. Nayeon assured her it's nothing.

 

The walk kinda took a while before they reached Mina's apartment. They had to stop at a store when Nayeon said she wants to eat ice cream. And Mina would never say no to her, not this day at least.

 

"Aren't you tired? We've walked more than a mile I think." Nayeon asks her curiously after settling on the couch. Mina goes to her room to place her things and went to the kitchen straight ahead.

 

"It's not even a mile Nayeon." Mina laughs. "I told you to just drive me home but you always insist to walk."

 

"But walking makes me spend more time with you!" the older girl replies.

 

She didn't notice that Nayeon had stood up from her seat. It was only when Mina feels the heat and a set of arms on her waist that she realizes the woman is already behind her.

 

"Nayeon, you can't hug me while I cook."

 

"Why not?" the words were muffled as Nayeon's mouth was pressed against her shoulder.

 

"Because I can't move properly."

 

Nayeon chuckles softly and hugs her even more. "Is that the only reason?"

 

"Also because you're distracting me." Mina admits.

 

The older woman retracts away but plants a kiss on her cheek before completely letting her go. "I'll just shower then."

 

"Yes, you should." Mina glances at Nayeon. "Just find your clothes in the drawer."

 

~

 

It is starting to bother Mina how Nayeon is still silent despite her efforts in cheering the girl. It's an unusual sight that she could never get used to.

 

From her study table, Mina gazes at Nayeon who is leaning against the railing of the balcony. She closes her laptop and decided to approach the Korean.

 

"Nayeon?" she calmly calls her name.

 

Nayeon moves from the position and smiles at her immediately. "Are you done with your presentation?"

 

Mina shakes her head. "I'm just worried about you, you're so quie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter