Keep

Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh come on Nayeon. Are you going to stay in the corner for the rest of the night? It's our last day. Groove you !" Sana forces her to stand up from her seat.

 

Nayeon only offers a subtle shake of her head and sits down again even when Sana's hand is still on her arm. "I don't really want to do anything Sana." It's a party, they're supposed to celebrate, Nayeon just doesn't feel like it.

 

Sana sighs tiredly and takes the seat next to her. "With that, I've decided to join you here and drink with you."

 

"You don't have to, Sana. Look at Momo, she's having the night of her life." Nayeon nudges her eyes towards Momo's direction who's busy dancing with the rest of the graduates.

 

"I could party again next time, right now I'll join you while you mourn since I'm the one who started this."

 

There it was, confirming Nayeon's hunch that the girl is indeed feeling at fault with what happened. She immediately brushes off Sana's thoughts away. "You didn't do anything wrong. Stop being dramatic." Nayeon gives a laugh, but Sana just glared at her in return.

 

"Sana, I should actually be thankful because if you didn't annoy me so much, I wouldn't probably talk to her again. You know how much of a coward I am." she explains further to convince her friend.

 

"Yeah yeah, I know that." Sana jokingly replies along with a faint smile. The woman clears and leans closer to Nayeon. "What did she say by the way when you invited her?"

 

"Nothing. She didn't answer me." Nayeon could almost taste the bitterness on her tongue. "I was hoping she would at least show up this morning at the graduation. I guess that's just too good to be true."

 

"You know what, let's just drink." Sana stands up to get them booze that they could enjoy for the rest of the night. Momo joins them after a short while. The Japanese whines at how most people around her were all unfamiliar faces that she didn't invite to her house, that's why she decided to take a break.

 

Sana also asked about Dahyun to which Momo hastily rejected to talk about. She says they're just friends. It was obvious though, that Momo is affectionate towards that younger woman. Sana teases Momo endlessly nevertheless, they exchange playful slaps while Momo's face is in a shade of red. Nayeon just laughed at them. She's thankful they're with her.

 

Some of the people started going home. Others are lying lazily on the couch and even the floor, while the rest are still on the pool area. Nayeon excuses herself and tells Momo that she'll go first, Sana then nods and says she will head out too. Momo accompanies them out from her house despite feeling a bit hazy from the liquor that they drank. All three of them are actually wiggling while walking, no one is sober enough to hold her body straight.

 

"Nayeon, I'll ask someone to drive you home." Momo informs her, barely holding her head up.

 

"No. I'll just take a cab. The apartment isn't far from here anyway." she shakes her head.

 

"What about me Momoring?" Sana puts up a sad face.

 

"Your driver is there Sana." Nayeon sees how Momo rolls her eyes and ignored the rest of Sana's childish words. Nayeon is the only one who's going to spend their night on the apartment. Sana's parents just arrived from Japan, while Momo's family is also on their way.

 

"Nayeon, it's already past two. Just stay here and go home later." Momo insists.

 

"No, please. I just want to sleep and other people are still partying." she reasons out. "I'll just text you when I'm home."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter