Excuse

Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The scowl on Nayeon's face becomes more evident as she continues to hear the ludicrous bet her friends are saying to her after the team she's cheering for baseball lost at their championship.

 

Stupid computer science department! 

 

Nayeon isn't even a computer science major, she's in business which is also the one who won the match. In Nayeon's defense, she didn't really want to cheer against her college but her friends beat her to choosing them and somewhat peer pressured her to even agree in a bet. Her friends would say otherwise because they keep on teasing her that she cheered for the other team as her ex that she can't forget is from that department. Nayeon refuses to acknowledge that though she also doesn't deny it at the same time.

 

They're really petty. It irks Nayeon that her friends know how competitive she is that with just a mere mention of something related to winning, her ears would perk up.

 

"Hold up!" Nayeon raises her hand to shush Sana and Momo who keep on giggling while exchanging their plans for the bet. Both of the girls look excited and eager, nevertheless, they stop talking and turn their heads to give Nayeon attention. "What you're planning is too much." Sana and Momo simultaneously rolled their eyes after hearing what Nayeon said.

 

"Listen!" Nayeon insists even when her friends are not looking at her anymore. "She hates me. There's no way this would work. Just please give me another one that I could actually do." What her friends are asking is almost a death wish. Talking to Mina is a death wish.

 

"Cheer up Nay, you haven't even tried it yet. You're being a pessimistic ." Momo says flatly, and Nayeon, despite being called a by her friend, can't help on laughing at how the girl deliver those words. It came out like a whine rather than actually trying to boss Nayeon around.

 

"I'm sorry-" Nayeon covers , still not over with how funny it was for her.

 

"You have lost your mind." Momo says while gaping at her.

 

Sana heaves a sigh before tapping Nayeon's cheek making the older one to lean back. "Stop laughing and stop trying to fool us. We ain't that stupid."

 

"No one says you're stupid. It was just funny to me." Nayeon retaliates.

 

"Whatever." Sana flaps her palm to Nayeon's face. "Give me your phone."

 

"What? No!" she immediately turns away and was about to run when Momo grabs the strap of her bag, almost choking her on the process.

 

"It's not really a good thing to run from responsibilities Nayeon unnie." Momo shakes her head.

 

"A responsibility that I didn't agree!"

 

"You said yes to the bet." Sana narrows her eyes at Nayeon. "Now give me your phone."

 

"No." she firmly replies.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter