End

Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon stirs awake from her sleep when she feels her bed shaking. Her vision is blurry and she can't manage to make a proper image from what she's seeing, especially that she sees a girl who reminds her of Mina.

 

Why would Mina even be here?

 

"Nayeon! Wake up!" she blinks and focuses from where the sound came from.

 

"Sana? What is it?" with a grunt, she rubs her eyes and sits up.

 

"Mina is here." her friend informs her nonchalantly.

 

"What?" her forehead creases, brows almost forming a straight line. Nayeon shifts her attention to the girl that resembles Mina a while ago. She almost jumped off her bed when she realizes that the Japanese is indeed in her room. "Mina!" she screams her name in surprise.

 

Nayeon immediately covers her face with a blanket as she gives Sana a glare.

 

"Oh please, Mina even saw you sleeping while your mouth is open." Sana blabbers and walks out. "I'll leave you two."

 

The older girl groans. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know you're here and I fell asleep while lying on bed. I'm a mess."

 

Mina chuckles. Just a simple laugh hits Nayeon how it's been so long since she heard that some sort of melody. "You're still dressed up." Mina relays.

 

"Ahh, I fell asleep unintentionally and totally forgot to change." her cheeks starts to turn red.

 

"Let's go out." Mina suddenly says.

 

Nayeon lifts her head and frowns. She lowers the blanket completely to look at Mina seriously. "What?"

 

"I was feeling guilty you know. And I wanted to talk to you. Is it alright if we will do it now?"

 

Her heart beats faster in a snap. She feels her world spinning. Nayeon didn't expect Mina to come to her apartment and ask her out.

 

"W-what? Uhh- Yes, yes, that would be great." she stammers.

 

Mina offers her a genuine smile again, Nayeon only realizes how much she missed all of this, from Mina's voice, down to any simple gesture that the girl would do. "I'll wait for you outside." Mina says.

 

They left the unit with Nayeon getting a wink from Sana. Mina almost caught her friend and Nayeon had to jump frantically just to get Mina's attention away from Sana, not wanting the girl to get the wrong idea to why Sana is acting as if they're going to do something aside from talking.

 

A coffee shop near the university is where they chose to talk. The first few minutes were awkward. No one was trying to initiate a conversation and even when Nayeon tries to, the words would immediately die as Mina won't reply anymore. Both of them end up drinking the frappé they've ordered silently.

 

Afte a short while, Nayeon clears , aiming to strike a conversation again. "You really didn't have to feel guilty about what happened Mina."

 

"I don't want you to think that just because I'm mad at you, I would stood you up." Mina's eyes meet with hers.

 

The older woman shakes her head. "I know you'll never do that Mina." Nayeon lets out a chortle. "I didn't expect you to actually visit me.".

 

"Me too." Mina confessed. "But I was talking to Dahyun and I realized that we should really talk."

 

"Ohh." Nayeon's lips stretches a tiny smile. "I guess I should say my thanks to Dahyun too huh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter