Over

Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already past four in the afternoon. Nayeon's last class was over an hour ago yet she can't bring herself to move from the spot where her friends left her as she was still fidgeting and restless while waiting for Mina's reply. She wasn't sure if the girl would even text her again, though a part of Nayeon hopes for it. Maybe Mina is still in her class, it just had been one hour. She could surely wait for more.

 

Nayeon reads the reply she sent. It wasn't really the best, she knows; but it's the first thing that came out from her mind the moment Sana and Momo left her.

 

"Sana gave me your number." she chuckles after reading it again. Nayeon then heaves a tired sigh at how ridiculous she sounded. Why would even Sana give her number to me? Stupid ey.

 

She types in another message, just so she could at least tell Sana that she tried her best and didn't give up right away when Mina refused to answer. But knowing her friend, Nayeon is sure that Sana would just tell her to try better than to actually let her off the hook.

 

"Mina?" she presses send and stands up, gripping her bag and swings it over her shoulder. She finally decided that she should go home.

 

Nayeon is already near the gate of the university when she feels her phone vibrate causing her to stop. Her hands immediately tremble at the sight of Mina's name on the display.

 

"Why would Sana give my number to you?"

 

Of course. She thought and a smile cracks on her lips.

 

She ponders for a reply, not really sure to what she's going to say after the lie she had given.

 

"I asked for it." she answers and continues to walk home.

 

Nayeon had reached the shared apartment she has with Sana and Momo before Mina could reply.

 

"Why would you even do that?"

 

"Because I want to talk to you again." Nayeon feels her heart beating abnormally after sending that message. She suddenly wants to take it back.

 

Nayeon dives into her bed and screams through her pillow. She then props her upper body with the use of her elbow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter