Chapter Eight : Other side of Irene Bae

Devil's In Love

    "Ms. Bae, I brought you coffee," after a knock Elliot voice sounded behind the door.

       "Enter." Irene's eyes didn't leave the PC.

        After a while, Elliot enter, always in poise with a steaming coffee in his hand. She put it on the table before standing in the side, waiting for further instructions.

       The room was comfortably quiet, aside from Irene's occasionally typing in the keyboard.
       
       "How's are the two?" Her eyes gazed at the time, it was 11:30 pm already.
       
       "They appear to enjoy playing with each other." Irene stop typing and grabbed the coffee, blowing the steam.
       
      "Hmm.." Irene nodded. "Do remind them about the time." She instructed. "And called both house's driver to pick them up."
      
      "Yes Ms." Elliot comply
      
      "Also, prepare Mr. Lee Soo Man's paper for the newly developed game. Seems like my brother is been busy forgetting about it. I don't want any trouble for the clients." Irene put down the coffee, "I will expect them at exactly 8am in this table tomorrow."
      
     "It will certainly done." Elliot replied in his British accent. Irene excused him before looking back to the PC.
     
      Irene removed her spectacles and pinched the bridge of her nose. She was physically and mentally tired.
      
     What? A She-Devil?
     
     Heartless CEO.
     
     Cold? Emotionless?
     
     Irene used to be a sweet girl. She like chocolates and cute things. But as the eldest of the Bae family, she have to set it all aside to fit her part.
     
    Irene sat back and pulled out her wallet, inside she took a worn out photo of the 11 years old her and another  girl. She always reminisce this day, the day she meet her.
    
   It was her first year in middle school when she first met her. She sat in the  school benches under the tree all alone.

    Irene sat at the other end of the bench, and she appears not to be bothered by it, so she bravely greet her.

     "H-hi" she shyly started. Irene was a very shy kid back then. She oftenly seen alone cause people find her weird, wearing an eyeglasses and braces.

     Irene was born with myopia or near sightedness. Her sight was already blurry in the first time she opened her eyes. The doctor's says she can be healed but she's too young to undergo such surgery. They have to wait for a few years.

     The other girl snapped her head to her. "May I help you?" She asked 

      Irene feel her heart jumped. She noticed her.

      "A-re you n-new here?" She was stammering.

      "Yes, are you here too?" The other girl asked.

       "Y-yes." 

       "You want to be my friend?" Irene was flabbergasted, no one wanted to be her friend. Except Yee-un. And the one that antonished her more is she was the one who offered it.

       "Y-yes!" Irene happily agreed. The latter toothlessly grin.

       "My family name is Son and my first name is Wendy." She says.

       "I'm Bae Joohyun, you can call me Irene."

        "It's nice meeting you Irene." Wendy smiled.

        "I'm new here,I'm from Canada, luckily you have an English name. Cause it's hard for me to pronounce Korean names. Even my name." Wendy grin.

        Irene whole heartedly laugh at her. Wendy puff her cheeks and pout.

        "Yah,it's heard to pronounce, even your name so I'll call you Dora! Cause of your bangs."

        "No! I don't like that name!"

        "You don't like to be Dora the explorer?" Wendy asked

        "No!"

         "Then it's decided, I shall call you Dora!"

         Irene indeffirently stared at the photo of her and Son Wendy.

        The two of them are best buddies, but something happened to them to end their friendship and the change of Irene's personality.

        "Ms. Bae," Elliot knocked again. Irene immediately put the picture away before letting Elliot in.

        "The young master and young miss Kang left already. Shouldn't you be resting now?" He asked.

        "Ah,yes, I'll be sleeping here. You can go now." Irene stood up.

        When she was still working here. Her father was good enough to know how hard working her eldest was to have the office revised and build a room for her daughter. 

       Irene left Elliot cleaning her table and went to the room . Elliot knows that once his boss lay in the bed she'll be K.O. so after cleaning the table she turned off the light and the door from the inside and left the building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Corner:

    So yeah, triple updates BaeBears...