I am [pissed]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Hi everyone!!

Today I'm back with a new one shot! Since there's quite a few mentions of grades in there, I thought I'd refresh y'all on what kind of grades there are in the HP universe in case some of you guys aren't familiar with them. 

There are three passing grades: 

O for Outstanding
E for Exceeds Expectations
A for Acceptable

As well as three fail grades: 

P for Poor
D for Dreadful
T for Troll

Okay that's it already. I hope you guys will like this!

 

Ever since Slytherin had defeated Gryffindor in the last game, Jisung had been focusing on his team’s gameplay more.

If Ravenclaw beat Hufflepuff in March, Slytherin and Ravenclaw would play against each other at the end of the year. Since his Quidditch performance hadn’t exactly been good in his previous school year, Jisung was even more determined to lead his team to victory, now that he was captain.

Winning against last year's champion was only an added bonus.

Lately, Seungmin had started to nag him about his schoolwork more often, complaining that Jisung was spending too much time worrying about Quidditch. Jisung was annoyed but he decided to brush it off for the time being.

Besides, he wasn’t just focusing on Quidditch. He also made it a priority to spend quality time with his boyfriend, though Seungmin didn’t know about that.

“Alright, students. I will now collect your homework essays,” Professor Flitwick announced one morning in Charms class. Jisung made a face. He had completely forgotten about that stupid essay since yesterday’s practice had run really late.

“Let me guess, you didn’t do it,” Seungmin mumbled to him.

Jisung rolled his eyes. “I had practice,” he said.

“That’s always your excuse,” Seungmin told him. Jisung was about to snap at him for being a nag when

Professor Flitwick raised his wand and let the essays fly over to his desk. “It doesn’t seem like all of you guys did it, if I look at this stack...” Flitwick said, already casting a knowing glance in Jisung’s direction. “Jisung, Yangyang... care to tell me where your essays are?”

“It’s my fault, Professor. I kept my team a little too busy this week,” Jisung spoke up, not wanting Yangyang to get in trouble.

“As noble as that is, Mr Han, I’m sure your teammate could have handled his time better. I’ll let you off with a warning this time but next time you’ll face detention!” Flitwick warned them before moving on with the lesson.

“Thanks, bro,” Yangyang mumbled gratefully from the seat behind him. Jisung looked over his shoulder and gave him a grin.

Seungmin huffed next to him, causing Jisung to look at his friend with a raised eyebrow.

“What?”

“Nothing...” Seungmin muttered, sounding displeased.

Class ended soon, and Jisung decided to confront Seungmin once they were out of the classroom.

“You’re pissed I didn’t get detention, aren’t you?” he stated.

Seungmin gave him a side look. “Of course not. I just think that you’re leaning onto your luck a little too much,” he replied.

Jisung stopped in his tracks and crossed his arms over his chest. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Seungmin also stopped and turned to face him. “I mean that the teachers like you, despite you barely putting any effort into your schoolwork! You get detention but you just brush it off and continue going on like before,” he explained.

Jisung tilted his head. “Why are you so mad about that? It’s not affecting you, is it?”

“No, but you’re my friend so I worry. We’re going to graduate next year. Don’t you care at all?” Seungmin questioned.

Jisung let out an exasperated huff. “Please, why are you only getting on my case when your boyfriend is also mainly focused on Quidditch? Why is he any different?” he snapped.

“Because Hyunjin still takes the time to study with me when we hang out. He cares about his future, at least! He’s not settling for less,” Seungmin shot back.

Jisung knew that his friend was referring to him wanting to open his own bar when he graduated. He had never realized that Seungmin interpreted that wish as settling for less. His jaw tightened.

“Last time I checked my future plans weren’t any of your business!” he spat before walking off, still hearing Seungmin’s “yeah, run away from your responsibilities, you’re good at that!”

Jisung chose to ignore the remark and just kept walking to his next class, Defense Against the Dark Arts. Renjun sat down in the seat next to his, just as he was in the middle of slamming his stuff onto the desk.

“What was that between you and Seungmin just now?” the older questioned.

“Nothing.” Jisung snapped, before realizing that his boyfriend had done nothing wrong. Renjun raised an eyebrow at Jisung’s attitude. “Sorry... I didn’t mean to take it out on you,” Jisung apologized.

Renjun leaned back in his seat. “What’s wrong?”

Jisung watched Seungmin walk into the classroom and sit down next to Eric. “He got on my case about focusing too much on Quidditch and neglecting my schoolwork. Then he said I was ‘settling for less’ because of my plans to open a bar...” Jisung quickly recounted.

“He’s your best friend, I’m sure he’s just worried about you,” Renjun reassured him. Jisung sighed and rested his arms on the desk in front of him. He knew that Renjun was right. Seungmin was probably just looking out for him. It just pissed him off that he had to be so condescending about it.

“Go make up with him! I’m not going to sit next to you when you’re pouting like that,” Renjun demanded, nudging him a little.

Jisung’s pout only intensified. “I don’t want to. He’s already preparing for class,” he said.

Renjun rolled his eyes but luckily let the topic rest.

~

At lunch Seungmin sat down at the table across from Jisung with Hyunjin in tow. The two Ravenclaws exchanged short looks.

“Is this what it’s going to be like?” Hyunjin questioned.

Seungmin rolled his eyes and looked at Jisung again. “Sorry about earlier,” he said. “We good?” he then asked.

Jisung shrugged, though he couldn’t fight the little smile. “I guess,” he replied.

And that was it.

Seungmin and Jisung never really fought a lot, but when they did, it didn’t take them very long to make up.

At least not usually...

~

“Alright guys, you know the drill. I want everything off the table except for your quills. If I catch anyone looking at anything but their own parchment it’s an immediate T,” Professor McGonagall announced around a week later.

Jisung shot an alarmed glance at his best friend. “Wait, there’s a test today?” he asked.

Seungmin gave him an exasperated look. “Have you not been listening to me at all over the past week? I told you several times that Hyunjin and I were going to the library to study for the Transfigurations test!” he said.

Jisung’s eyes widened. He faintly recalled something about Seungmin and Hyunjin mentioning the library, but he had dedicated the past week to solo Quidditch practices.

“I was busy!” Jisung defended himself. Seungmin looked like he wanted to argue with that, but in that moment McGonagall’s voice rang through the classroom again.

“No more talking, please!”

Jisung slumped his shoulders when a piece of parchment landed on his desk in front of him.

Time to wing it.

~

“Hey, babe... are you alright?” Jisung asked Renjun the same afternoon. His boyfriend had been sitting on his bed with a book in his lap, though he wasn’t even looking at the pages. Renjun snapped out of his daze at the sound of Jisung’s voice, giving him a perplexed look.

“What?” he asked.

“I asked if you were alright? You were spacing out,” Jisung clarified.

The truth was that Renjun had been a bit weird ever since Christmas. Jisung had learned that his boyfriend’s parents were getting a divorce, so he mainly blamed it on that, but it still felt like Renjun was hiding something else from him. He didn’t have the courage to bring it up though, afraid that he would unnecessarily upset the older.

“I’m fine, babe. Just a little stressed out about this Astronomy test...” Renjun said with a smile that seemed a little forced.

“Are you sure?” Jisung asked, just to make sure.

Renjun nodded and proceeded to focus on his book. It only lasted for a few seconds though before he looked up again. “Hey, how did Transfigurations go for you?” he questioned, referring to their earlier test.

Jisung made a face and sat down on the bed beside him. “Don’t even remind me. I had no idea there was even going to be a test,” Jisung said.

“What? Did I forget to remind you?” Renjun questioned, looking guilty. “No, babe, it’s not your fault. I was just focused on Quidditch. And you don’t have to look out for me,” Jisung assured him.

Renjun sighed. “Well, truth is I have a lot on my mind these days. You know, because of my parents. I probably really just forgot to remind you,” he apologized.

Jisung leaned in to kiss him, not caring if anyone walked in. The last thing he wanted was for Renjun to feel guilty about something he wasn’t responsible for.

“It’s not your fault, babe,” he reassured him. “But are you really sure you’re okay? 100%?”

Renjun smiled faintly and nodded. “100%. Well, let’s say 95% because of stupid Astronomy,” he assured his boyfriend.

Jisung rested his head on Renjun’s shoulder and mumbled: “I’ll let you get back to studying, don’t mind me.”

Renjun chuckled and started to pet Jisung’s hair, as he finally focused back on his book. If Jisung dozed off like this, it was nobody’s business.

~

“Mr Han... you could’ve done a lot better. I know you have it in you,” Professor McGonagall said when she handed out the test results in the next Transfigurations lesson.

Jisung looked at the grade and made a face at the bright red P. He was usually pretty good at Transfigurations, so he got where McGonagall was coming from.

Renjun who sat next to him patted his shoulder comfortingly. “What did you get?” Jisung asked him.

“An A...” Renjun said. It wasn’t much better than Jisung’s grade but at least Renjun had received a passing grade.

Jisung was glad when Transfigurations was finally over and he and Renjun could head to lunch. Seungmin caught up with them halfway.

“Hey, Seungmin. What did you get?” Renjun questioned and Jisung really wished he hadn’t.

“An O! I might get my first rank back this year,” Seungmin replied cheerfully.

Last year, he’d gone down to second place after Sangyeol had transferred to their school, something that Seungmin had not taken lightly. Especially, since Sangyeol had turned out to be a sleazeball that had tried to break him and Hyunjin up.

“What about you guys?”

There it was. The question Jisung had dreaded so much.

“I got an A,” Renjun informed the youngest Ravenclaw.

Jisung practically felt Seungmin’s questioning eyes on him. “I got a P, no big deal,” he finally said.

“Well, I hate to say this, but this probably wouldn’t have happened if you had studied. I told you so,” Seungmin answered. He didn’t sound particularly spiteful but Jisung still got pissed off at the unnecessary comment.

“Did you really hate to say it though?” he snapped.

Renjun sighed. “Don’t fight again,” he warned.

“No, I’m tired of this! We get it, Seungmin! You’re a ing model-student. I’m just not, okay? There’s absolutely no ing need for you to gloat like this!” Jisung spat at his best friend who just looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“I’m merely pointing out that you could have done better,” Seungmin answered.

“You didn’t have to! It’s ing annoying,” Jisung told him, trying not to raise his voice in the middle of the corridor.

“Aw, so now you’re annoyed? I’ve been watching you worm your way through school for the past 2 years. It’s about time it comes back to bite you in the !” Seungmin retorted, getting more pissed by the second as well.

“Wow, some friend you are! First, you’re out here gloating and now you’re telling me that I’m just getting what I deserve? Why don’t you just off and go live in your happy honeymoon bubble with Hyunjin and leave me the alone?” Jisung yelled.

“Gladly! Like I said, at least Hyunjin ing cares about his grades.”

Jisung huffed. “Lovely, then you can annoy him with your perfect score,” he snapped. “Please excuse me, I’ve lost my appetite!” he addressed Renjun.

“There you go with the running again!” Seungmin shouted.

“ off, Seungmin!”

Renjun followed Jisung, holding him back by his sleeve. “Was that necessary?” he asked, looking back in the opposite direction where Seungmin had just disappeared, probably continuing his way down to the Great Hall.

“Yes, it was! He’s been annoying the out of me lately and I’m tired of him acting like he’s better than me,” Jisung said, still beyond pissed.

“Still, you should go and eat something,” Renjun told him.

“I’m not hungry. You go though. I think I’m just gonna go down to the field for a bit,” Jisung replied. “Ji–”

“I’ll be alright, okay? Don’t worry and go get something to eat,” the younger interrupted his boyfriend who looked at him like he wanted to argue. He seemed to decide against it though.

“Fine. But please make up with Seungmin when you next see him. This is not how things should be,” Renjun mumbled the last part.

“I will once he gets his ing head out of his !” Jisung said.

The older sighed. “Fine, then...”

~

Hyunjin was sure he had never seen his boyfriend fuming like this. He all but stormed into the Great Hall, flopping down on his seat next to Hyunjin, barely acknowledging him.

“Who peed into your pumpkin juice?” Hyunjin asked him, promptly shutting his mouth when Seungmin glared at him. He watched Seungmin angrily pour himself some actual pumpkin juice and help himself to some food. He picked up his fork, paused, and then slammed the fork back down onto the table.

“Jisung’s such an asshat!” he exclaimed.

Hyunjin raised his eyebrows, not having expected that. “Did you two fight again?” he questioned.

“He yelled at me because he’s pissed about getting a bad grade! Like I didn’t tell him so,” Seungmin told the older.

Hyunjin thought carefully about his next words, not wanting to upset his boyfriend any further.

“Did you tell him that you told him so?” he asked.

Seungmin’s jaw tightened. “I might have...” he admitted. Hyunjin shut his eyes in defeat for a second.

“Well, I don’t think anybody likes to hear that. Especially from their best friend.”

“I don’t care! I have tried to warn him. I have tried to play nice and I’ve even offered him help before. He doesn’t get to snap at me when it’s his own ing fault that he’s failing!”

“Calm down, love, I’m not trying to fight with you,” Hyunjin said, taking one of Seungmin’s balled fists into his hands.

Seungmin visibly relaxed at the touch and let out a frustrated sigh. “I’m sorry, I’m just so mad at him. He’s going to ruin his future...” he said, already much calmer than before.

“It was one test. This is not worth getting into a fight over,” Hyunjin tried to reason with him. Seungmin didn’t answer.

Renjun joined them at the table. “Where’s Jisung?” Hyunjin questioned.

Renjun shrugged. “Went to practice for a bit...” he replied.

Hyunjin heard Seungmin huff and mumble “of course, he did.”

Renjun seemed to have heard it too, because he looked at Seungmin with a displeased expression. “Enough already. You two are acting like children! He’s your best friend so instead of fighting about silly bull, how about you just get your act together and make up!”

“Why am I not surprised that you’re taking his side in this again?” Seungmin snapped.

Renjun rolled his eyes. “You know what, you. I’m not here for this. I might not even be here at all soon. I’m ing done with all of you,” he said and got up again.

Hyunjin exchanged a wide-eyed look with Seungmin as Renjun stormed off.

“What did he mean by that?” Seungmin asked him but Hyunjin had no idea.

“I’m worried. I’m gonna go check on him,” he said and rose from his seat.

“Okay,” the younger said. Hyunjin quickly followed his best friend who now sat on the floor next to the entrance of the Great Hall.

“Junnie... I’m sorry about what happened just now,” Hyunjin apologized, crouching down in front of his friend who just shook his head.

“I didn’t mean to go off like this, I’m just stressed out,” Renjun answered. He actually looked close to tears, causing Hyunjin to pull him into a hug.

“Want to talk about it?”

Renjun didn’t say anything for a few minutes. Hyunjin heard him sniffle a few times and proceeded to rub soothing circles into his back.

“I might be leaving...” Renjun finally said.

Hyunjin halted his movements and pulled back to look at him. “What do you mean?” he questioned.

Renjun exhaled shakily. “Last month my parents told me that they were getting a divorce,” he told Hyunjin, whose expression morphed from shocked to sympathetic.

“Oh no, I’m so sorry...” he said.

“That’s not all, though. My father’s moving back to China and he wants me to come along so I can finish school there. He’s convinced that the education system is better there because it’s eight years instead of seven...” Renjun explained.

Hyunjin didn’t know what to say to that. Renjun might be moving back to China?

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Hyunjin asked him.

“Because I don’t know what to do. He gave me a choice, it’s not like I have to go. But he’s my dad and I’m going to miss him if he moves to another country. On the other hand, I don’t want to switch schools. I love it here... I’m just so torn and it’s stressing me out and now Seungmin and Jisung are fighting which is not making things better. I don’t know if I’m gonna graduate with them. I just want everyone to get along...” Renjun told him, sounding desperate.

“When do you have to make a decision?” Hyunjin questioned.

Renjun lowered his head. “My father gave me until the end of the week. I don’t know what to do, Jinnie...” he said. Hyunjin pulled his friend in for another hug. He didn’t know what to tell him. Obviously, he wanted him to stay. But he knew that Renjun treasured his father very much and it would break his heart to live so far away from him.

“Can you tell Seungmin that I’m sorry for snapping at him?” Renjun muttered, his voice muffled by Hyunjin’s robes.

The Slytherin chuckled a little. “Of course... I don’t think he took it personally,” he replied.

“He and Jisung better make up soon...” Renjun said. Hyunjin hummed in agreement.

“I wish I could help you make a decision... but I’m obviously biased,” Hyunjin replied, causing his friend to laugh quietly.

“I’ll take that into consideration...”

~

Jisung and Seungmin continued to avoid each other over the next two days. Seungmin had apologized to Renjun, since those two had apparently fought as well, but he would still spend his nights at the Slytherin dorm, not speaking a single word to Jisung.

Despite telling Renjun that he couldn’t care less, he knew that the older could see right through his lies. Of course, fighting with his best friend was affecting Jisung.

On top of that, Renjun was still acting weird about something, but every time Jisung tried to bring it up he waved off and told him he was fine. So now they were both lying about something. Great.

“Are you not going to make up with Seungmin already?” Hyunjin asked him one afternoon three days after their fight when the Slytherin team had just finished up practice, ready to pass the field on to the Ravenclaws.

“I don’t have time for that right now,” Jisung said.

“Well, too bad! It’s annoying and petty. That goes for both of you,” Hyunjin told him. “I’m not the only one who thinks like that! Renjun’s already got enough on his plate without your idiotic fight!”

That got Jisung’s attention. What did Hyunjin know?

“What do you mean?” he asked, alarmed.

“I mean that he might be leaving this school and the least his friends could do is to get along!” Hyunjin snapped. Jisung’s eyes widened.

Leaving this school?

Why would Renjun be leaving the school?

“His father might take him to China with him to finish school there. It’s not sure whether he’s going yet, but he’s stressing out about making a decision and you guys aren’t making it much easier for him,” Hyunjin explained like he’d read Jisung’s mind.

“I have to go,” Jisung said, already turning on his heel.

“Hey, what about practice?” Eunbin shouted.

“Postponed until tomorrow. Have a nice afternoon!” Jisung told his team before taking off. He had to find Renjun first.

Luckily, it didn’t take him long to locate his boyfriend. He was in the common room, seemingly studying. “Can I talk to you?” Jisung asked, making Renjun look up.

He looked confused but got up, nonetheless, following Jisung up to their dorms. The younger looked around checking if it was empty, which it was.

“Hyunjin told you, didn’t he?” Renjun asked when Jisung turned around to face him. The latter nodded and sat down on his bed with Renjun following suit.

“Why didn’t you tell me? It’s why you’ve been so distracted, right?” Jisung asked. He wasn’t trying to sound accusatory; he just didn’t understand why he didn’t hear the news directly from his boyfriend.

“I’m sorry, I know I should have. I just... I already told Hyunjin this, but I don’t know what to do. I want to be close to my father, but I also want to stay here... with you,” Renjun said.

Jisung lowered his head. “I’m sorry for adding to your stress with my stupid attitude and that fight with Seungmin,” he apologized, feeling incredibly guilty.

“Just make up with him again...” Renjun encouraged him.

“It’s not that easy. I was an to him,” Jisung said.

“And he was one to you. Just apologize,” the older said. Jisung leaned into his side, wrapping his arms around his middle, side-hugging him. He didn’t want Renjun to leave. It was a selfish thing to think, but he couldn’t even imagine graduating without Renjun around.

“I have to make a decision by tomorrow...” Renjun said. Jisung looked up at him, his arms still wrapped around him.

“What are you going to do?” he questioned, fearing the answer.

Renjun sighed. “I don’t know...”

~

Surprisingly, it was Seungmin who sought out Jisung first. The same evening – Jisung had cuddled Renjun to sleep – Seungmin entered the Ravenclaw common room where Jisung was actually doing his homework.

He sat down into the armchair next to Jisung’s and looked at him.

“I’m sorry for how I acted,” he finally said. Jisung put his homework aside and faced Seungmin.

“Me too. I guess I was just pissed that you were right about me slacking off,” he admitted.

“Still, I could have been nicer about it. I was just really worried about you...” Seungmin told him.

Jisung smiled a little. It seemed like they had both overreacted big time.

He opened his arms silently and Seungmin laughed before rising from his seat and dramatically throwing himself into Jisung’s embrace, almost knocking them both over along with Jisung’s armchair.

“Missed you, you smartass,” Jisung admitted.

“I missed you too, idiot,” Seungmin replied.

“Well, if this isn’t the cutest thing I’ve seen all night,” a slightly hoarse voice suddenly commented from behind them, causing them to pull apart. A sleepy Renjun stood there, grinning.

“Hey, are you feeling better?” Seungmin asked him. Renjun nodded and squeezed himself onto the armchair with the two of them. Luckily, both Renjun and Seungmin were light as feathers otherwise Jisung would have been crushed underneath their combined weight.

“I made a decision...” Renjun said, causing the atmosphere to grow more serious again. Jisung looked at him, both anticipating and fearing his next words. Renjun’s smile widened. “I’ve decided to stay in Hogwarts,” he said. Seungmin and Jisung cheered and pulled him in for a messy hug.

“But wait... what about your dad?” Jisung suddenly remembered.

Renjun’s smile dimmed a little. “I figured that I can see him over the holidays. It makes no sense for me to switch schools so late... on top of that, my future is here,” he explained. “I’m going to miss my dad, but I can’t just pack up my whole life and leave the country. It also wouldn’t be fair to my mother...”

“I’m glad you’re staying. I don’t think I could bear Jisung alone!” Seungmin joked, yelping when Jisung pinched him in the side. Renjun only laughed when the two of them started bickering. This was so much better than actual fighting, Jisung thought.

Eventually, Seungmin got off Jisung’s lap and brushed himself off. “I should go to bed. It’s pretty late,” he announced. Renjun subconsciously got more comfortable now that he had Jisung’s lap all to himself. “Don’t stay up too late,” Seungmin warned them before heading up to the dorms.

The common room was empty by now, most of the Ravenclaws had gone to bed since it really had gotten late. Jisung looked at Renjun.

“I’m really happy you’re staying,” he told the older. Renjun shifted in his lap so that he could wrap his arms around his neck before leaning in to kiss him. The younger’s hands came to a rest on his hips.

“So am I... I think I’d miss you too much if I left,” Renjun admitted once they pulled back, causing Jisung to smile.

“Now, finish your homework,” Renjun said, suddenly climbing of his lap.

Jisung pouted. “Hey, get back here!” he whined. The older only grinned and shook his head as he sat down in the other armchair.

“No more kisses until you finish your essay.”

“You’re mean,” Jisung complained, but picked his parchment back up.

Maybe this was the most efficient way for him to get his stuff done, he figured.

~

“I swear to god, if you guys ever fight about this kind of silly stuff again, I’ll really move to China!” Renjun said the next day at breakfast.

Hyunjin chuckled. “I’m coming with you,” he said, causing Seungmin to latch onto his arm.

“Don’t you dare!”

Hyunjin cooed at his boyfriend and pecked his nose.

“Gross,” Jisung commented, earning himself glares from the couple but he only laughed them off.

The owls flew into the Great Hall with the morning mail, surprisingly dropping something off for all four of them.

“Are these...” Hyunjin trailed off with wide eyes, looking at the other three. They had each gotten a fancy-looking envelope with their names written on them in golden letters.

Jisung grinned knowingly. “Wedding invitations!” he finished the Slytherin’s sentence, opening the envelope and pulling out the card.

Together with their families

Park Jinwoo

&

Myoui Mina

would like to invite you to their wedding

on April 4, 2019 at 4 PM

at the Grove Feather Hotel in London

“It’s finally happening,” Renjun exclaimed cheerfully.

Even though the wedding was still a good three months away, Jisung couldn’t help but be excited.

Jinwoo and Mina were finally getting married!