I am [jolly]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Okay first off I'm so sorry for not updating for like two months. I got super busy moving in with my grandma and then I was just hit with a huge writer's block for this one shot. I got stuck on one scene for weeks but I finally managed to finish it today! 

I'm so so sorry for the long wait and I really hope that this one shot won't be a let-down. 

In this one, we basically get to see what the ships are doing over Christmas while Jeongin and Sunwoo were hanging out! It was meant to be just a filler but it turned out a lot longer than originally planned lmao. 

Anyway, I hope you guys will like it and here's to not taking two whole months to update anymore (no promises, though)

Let's get into it! 

 

Felix had been looking forward to Christmas break even more than usual.

Changbin had agreed to come to Australia with him to meet his family and he was beyond excited. He did feel a little bad about making Changbin go through such a long flight, but his boyfriend didn’t seem to mind that much.

“I don’t have a fancy driver to pick us up from the airport, but I think my sister will do just fine,” Felix told him once they had landed and picked up their luggage. Changbin chuckled and linked their free hands together, as he let Felix lead him to the designated meeting spot he’d picked out with his sister.

“So, are you nervous, at all? My family can be a bit of a handful,” Felix asked him.

“I’ve decided to be confident. Your family is going to love me,” Changbin replied, only half-joking. He was curious about what Felix’ family was like exactly, but thanks to all the good things his boyfriend had told him about them already, he wasn’t very nervous.

“Felix!” a female voice suddenly called out. Felix perked up, his eyes widening in delight when he spotted his sister.

“Rachel!” he exclaimed, letting go of Changbin’s hand to hug her.

“Did you get shorter since last summer?” Rachel little brother, earning herself a pout. She cackled before facing Changbin. “And you must be the infamous Changbin,” she commented.

“That’s me,” the Slytherin agreed.

Rachel eventually led the pair to her car, driving them to the Lee residence. Changbin stared out of the window the entire time, fascinated by the foreign country. Felix watched his boyfriend fondly, remembering the first time he had left Australia to attend Hogwarts when he was 11.

He must have looked the exact same.

They reached the house after about twenty minutes and saw Felix’ parents already standing outside waiting for them. To Felix’ relief, they immediately seemed to love Changbin, asking him all kinds of questions ranging from the comfort of his flight to how he liked Australia so far. Felix could see that his boyfriend was tired, though, so he came to his rescue.

“Changbin can tell you guys his life story later. First, we need to rest a little and I’m pretty sure he could use a shower,” Felix explained.

“Sorry about them,” he said when he and Changbin were finally alone again and on the way to Felix’ room, but the older only chuckled.

“Are you kidding? They’re great!” he told Felix excitedly. Felix laughed quietly, glad to hear that Changbin liked his family.

“Just wait until they want to hear every detail of your life...” he warned playfully.

After dropping off their bags, Felix directed Changbin to the bathroom, so he could take a shower. Felix waited for him to finish, before taking his own shower and the two of them decided to rest a little, cuddling on Felix’ bed in comfortable silence.

“Are you hungry? I could get us some snacks,” Felix suggested after a while. Changbin hummed in thought, before nodding. Felix pressed a kiss to the older’s forehead before getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen where his father was currently looking into the fridge.

“Hey dad,” Felix greeted him.

Mr Lee shut the fridge, a small glass bottle of water in his hand. “Hey, how’s Changbin dealing with the jet lag?” he asked. Felix chuckled.

“He seems to be fine. I was just going to get us some snacks, since it’s still a while until dinner,” he explained.

“Speaking of dinner,” Felix’ father suddenly remembered, “we’re having a barbeque on Christmas. The whole neighborhood is really excited about you spending Christmas here. We’ve practically invited everyone.”

Felix grinned in delight. “Awesome! I’m sure Changbin will love that!”

His father chuckled, but before he could say anything, they heard a frightened scream from Felix’ room. Felix looked back at his father, wide-eyed before promptly running back to his room, where he found Changbin cowering on the bed, his knees brought up to his chest and his arms wrapped around them.

“What’s wrong, Binnie?” Felix asked, alarmed.

“There’s a monster!” Changbin whispered dramatically.

Felix furrowed his brows in confusion. A monster?

“It went under your bed.” Felix proceeded to crouch down and look underneath the bed. He laughed when he saw what had scared Changbin.

“Binniebunny, that’s not a monster. That’s a cleaning robot,” he clarified, looking at his still frightened boyfriend.

“A what now?” Changbin asked.

Felix chuckled and sat down next to him. “It’s a machine that cleans the floor. It’s harmless, I promise,” the younger explained, putting his arm around Changbin, who seemed to relax at the touch.

“Teconglogy is weird...” Changbin mumbled, pouting.

Felix laughed again. “It’s technology, but you’re right. It’s kinda weird,” he agreed. “I left the snacks downstairs...” Felix remembered after a few moments of comfortable silence.

Changbin rested his head on the younger’s shoulder. “We can eat later. For now, cuddling is fine,” he muttered and who was Felix to deny his boyfriend such a wish?

~

After the disaster with his mother last month, Hyunjin couldn’t deny that he was a little scared to meet Seungmin’s parents, despite the younger constantly reassuring him. Despite that, he wouldn’t have expected to be greeted with an excited hug from Seungmin’s mother right away.

“It’s so good to finally meet you! Seungmin’s told us a lot about you!” she told him.

Hyunjin gave Seungmin a side look, catching his boyfriend’s embarrassed expression.

“Where’s dad?” Seungmin questioned, clearly eager to get the whole first meeting out of the way.

“I’m here, I’m here!” Seungmin’s dad spoke up, coming out of a different room. He had grease stains all over his face and his clothes.

“He’s been spending all his time in the garage lately, working on that old car,” Mrs Kim explained. Mr Kim nodded in agreement, before looking at Hyunjin.

“You must be Hyunjin! Seungmin wouldn’t shut up about you over summer break. I feel like I know you already,” he said casually. Seungmin groaned in embarrassment, making Hyunjin chuckle.

“He’s told me a lot about you, too. Thanks for having me,” Hyunjin said politely, relieved that Seungmin’s parents actually seemed to like him.

“You two must be exhausted from the flight. Why don’t you show Hyunjin your room, Seungmin? You can rest a little and I’ll bring you some sandwiches, if you want,” Mr Kim said, but his wife turned to look at him.

“You’re not setting a foot into the kitchen while you’re covered in grease! Wash up and I’ll make them sandwiches,” she told him.

Seungmin shook his head at his parents and took Hyunjin’s hand to lead him to his room. “Your parents are really nice,” Hyunjin said with a smile on his face.

“They’re embarrassing,” Seungmin argued, though he was glad that Hyunjin seemed to like them.

“They love you, it’s their duty to embarrass you,” his boyfriend pointed out, still smiling, but there was a sort of weird undertone in his voice.

Seungmin thought back to last month when he had first met Hyunjin’s mother. She hadn’t even tried to hide the fact that she disliked Seungmin and in the end she’d even slapped Hyunjin in the face right in front of him. He couldn’t imagine how unloved Hyunjin must have felt after all of that. He gave his boyfriend’s hand a squeeze, hoping that it would express what he failed to put into words.

They reached Seungmin’s room and were just about to enter it when the door across from it opened. A teenage boy peeked outside with a grin.

“Mom said no closed doors when you have a boy over,” he stated. Seungmin rolled his eyes.

“It’s not like we’re gonna do anything,” he said, turning to Hyunjin. “This is my brother Youngmin...” he told his boyfriend, unenthusiastically.

“And you must be the oh-so-lovely Hyunjin,” Youngmin teased. “My brother literally only talked about you last summer,” he added.

“So I’ve heard,” Hyunjin replied with a grin.

“You play sports, right?” Youngmin asked him, sounding less teasing and more interested.

“Yeah, I do. I’d like to say I’m quite good at it, as well.”

“Can you tell me about it? Quidditch, right? Seungmin doesn’t really know much about sports in general... at least not from a player’s perspective and I’d like to know about this weird sport!” Youngmin said, genuinely excited now. Hyunjin laughed and was just about to agree when Seungmin spoke up again.

“No, don’t you dare bond with him! He’s the devil!” Seungmin exclaimed, dramatically. Hyunjin only laughed at his boyfriend and shot Youngmin an apologetic look when he was pulled into Seungmin’s room. Seungmin leaned against his door and let out an exhausted sigh that made Hyunjin chuckle.

“I think he’s nice,” Hyunjin pointed out, grinning at the fake-glare he earned from Seungmin.

“You didn’t grow up with him,” he answered, though it hardly seemed serious. Hyunjin shook his head fondly and leaned closer to peck Seungmin’s lips, effectively making the younger smile.

~

“Chanhee, say Merry Christmas,” Jinwoo cooed at Chanhee while waving a snowman plush rattle around. Chanhee looked at him, smiling at his silly antics. Jinwoo had been fascinated with his daughter’s newfound smile ever since she had first done it and he’d made it his mission to make her smile as much as possible.

“Maybe she should start with smaller things first. Merry Christmas does seem a little advanced,” Mina pointed out with a chuckle as she joined Jinwoo at Chanhee’s new playmat.

Chan and Minho had dropped it off the other day as an “early Christmas present” and Chanhee seemed to love it. It also kept her occupied when her parents were busy.

Since Jinwoo had some time off work over Christmas, though, he spent most of his time with her. She seemed to really enjoy all the silly faces Jinwoo was making at her which encouraged him to keep it up.

“I can’t believe it’s going to be her very first Christmas,” Mina said, looking at Chanhee, who was looking right back at her. She clapped her tiny hands together and made a sound. Mina laughed and copied her daughter.

“Me neither... to me it still feels like she was born yesterday,” Jinwoo agreed.

“Wasn’t she, though?” Mina joked, causing her fiancé to chuckle.

Jinwoo’s mother stepped into the room, a fond smile on her face at the sight of her son’s little family. “Are Chan and Minho still coming over for dinner on Christmas Eve?” she asked.

Jinwoo nodded. “Chan wouldn’t pass up on an opportunity to see Chanhee,” he replied with a chuckle. “I feel like he only hangs out with me because of my child,” he added, mock hurt. His mom and Mina just laughed.

“Anyway, I have to go out to get the groceries for Christmas, as long as the stores are still open. Does anyone want to come along?” Mrs Park asked.

“I’ll come along. I feel like I haven’t been outside in forever,” Mina said, leaning over to peck Jinwoo on the cheek and then Chanhee before rising to her feet to get ready.

Jinwoo looked at Chanhee who was following her mother with her eyes. “Where’s mama going, Chanhee?” he asked. “She’s going to get lots of delicious food!” Chanhee looked at him, reaching out in an attempt to grab his nose. Jinwoo cooed at his daughter and leaned closer so she could reach him, effectively making her smile again.

~

“I have a strong feeling that we’re going to get caught,” Renjun muttered against his boyfriend’s lips before reconnecting them with his own. He and Jisung were currently in the empty Ravenclaw dorm, basking in the fact that almost nobody had stayed behind over Christmas break.

Of course, they spent most of their time making out.

It was kind of thrilling to just kiss Jisung in the middle of the dorm with the curtains around his bed left open, but on the other hand, Renjun felt like someone might burst in at any given second.

Jisung chuckled as he pulled back and looked around. “We’re not going to get caught, babe. Nobody’s here,” he stated, but Renjun still looked a little unsure. “If you want more privacy, we can go to the Room of Requirements,” Jisung offered.

Renjun contemplated it for a moment before shaking his head. “I’m too lazy to move,” he waved off, cuddling up to Jisung instead.

“By the way, I was wondering; why did you stay behind on Christmas anyway?” Renjun asked after a few moments of comfortable silence.

Jisung hummed in thought. “My mom and her partner are visiting my sister and her husband for the holidays...” he replied.

“What about your dad?” Renjun questioned since he knew that Jisung’s parents were divorced.

“He’s busy with work,” Jisung answered casually. “I don’t think he’s even home right now. Besides, Christmas is so much more fun with magic around. Why did you stay, though? You usually always go home for Christmas...” he returned the question.

Renjun tensed a bit, thinking back to the letter he’d received the previous day. He hadn’t even told Jisung about it yet, Merlin-knows why.

“Maybe I just wanted to spend Christmas with my boyfriend,” he finally said, pressing a kiss to Jisung’s soft cheek. It wasn’t a complete lie, though it wasn’t the whole truth either.

“You sure that’s it?” Jisung asked, slight concern laced in his voice. Renjun looked at him with a smile and linked his fingers with Jisung’s to give his hand a small squeeze.

“Let’s just say it’s the main reason,” he replied, glad when Jisung didn’t press him for more reasons.

“Anyway, I’m kind of starving...” Renjun muttered suddenly, sitting up. Jisung whined at the loss of warmth next to him and reached out in an attempt to pull Renjun back into his side but the older just laughed and dodged his hand.

“I thought you were too lazy to move,” Jisung muttered, pouting.

“That was before it was about food,” Renjun pointed out with a grin, getting up from the bed.

“Do you want me to come along?” Jisung asked but Renjun shook his head.

“You look comfortable there. Should I bring anything for you?”

“No, I think I’m good. Just come back quickly, it’s cold,” Jisung complained, making Renjun laugh again.

“I won’t be long,” he promised before leaving the dorm and making his way to the kitchen.

Once Renjun had arrived there, he pulled yesterday’s letter from his back pocket as he sat down on a creaky stool. He read over it again, letting out a sigh. He didn’t know why he wouldn’t just tell Jisung about it.

Maybe he just didn’t want to ruin his Christmas mood.

Or maybe, he didn’t want to say it out loud because that would just make it sound so final.

Either way, Jisung was doing a pretty good job at distracting him most of the time, so he didn’t really feel the need to tell him just yet. Renjun sighed again, putting the letter back into his pocket before proceeding to make himself a sandwich so he could go back to Jisung.

~

Hyunjin had been rather fascinated with Seungmin’s father’s hobby. He couldn’t say that he knew a lot about cars, but when Mr Kim offered for him to join him at the garage he couldn’t say no. He had been to a magical auto shop before, where car parts were just adjusting themselves, but somehow watching it be fixed manually was a lot more magical to Hyunjin.

“You know, my boys aren’t exactly interested in this kind of stuff,” Mr Kim said from where he was laying under the car. “They have their own interests and I respect that but I’ve always pictured working on cars with my children...” he continued.

Hyunjin couldn’t really imagine Seungmin ever doing that but he understood the man’s wish.

“I get what you mean. I always found myself wanting to do the father-son things my friends got to do with their dads, but that never really happened,” he explained.

Mr Kim rolled back from under the car. “Well, you’re part of the family now, so if you want, I could teach you a thing or two about fixing cars,” he offered, causing Hyunjin’s face to light up.

“Really? That would be awesome! Do I get to wear an overall like yours?” Hyunjin asked excitedly, making Seungmin’s dad laugh.

“Sure, if that’s what you want,” he answered.

Soon, Hyunjin found himself looking at the underside of the car while Mr Kim directed him on how to fix the rust. He was clumsy in the beginning, but he got the hang of it pretty quickly. Mr Kim also taught him the basics about engines and all that stuff and at the end of the day Hyunjin felt like the biggest car expert. It was also a pretty great opportunity to bond with his boyfriend’s father.

“So, your dad just left?” Mr Kim asked him when they were taking a break and eating some sandwiches that Youngmin had brought them.

“From what my mother told me, yeah. He never really tried to contact us, so I got used to not having a father, but it was still kind of hard sometimes,” Hyunjin explained.

He thought about his mother; her bitterness and the way she seemed to love her work more than she loved her own son. Hyunjin had found himself thinking more than once that he would love to meet his mother’s happier version, the one he’d seen in the old, half-burnt pictures he’d found.

“I really envy Seungmin for having a little brother. I mean, our friend Jeongin is like a little brother to me but it’s not the same as having someone you grew up with...” Hyunjin added.

Seungmin’s father chuckled slightly. “I can tell you right now that Seungmin isn’t always glad to have Youngmin around and vice versa. They get on each other’s nerves a lot. It was worse when they were younger, though. When we still lived in Japan...”

“How did you react when you found out Seungmin was a wizard?” Hyunjin questioned.

Mr Kim thought about it for a moment. “His mom and I were pretty shocked when he got that letter from the school. I thought it was all a joke at first. I didn’t understand why there would be a school for wizards. But Seungmin was so happy. He felt like he finally fit in. Once he learned about Hogwarts a few years later he desperately wanted to go there. He begged us to let him go to England and we were reluctant at first, but we knew that he wouldn’t ask us if he wasn’t convinced that it was the best choice for him,” he told him. “Sometimes we’re still confused by all the things he tells us in his letters or when he’s here but it’s really important to us to let Seungmin be who he is,” he continued.

“And Youngmin? How did he react to everything?” Hyunjin asked, causing Mr Kim to chuckle fondly at the memory.

“He was pretty bummed when he didn’t get a letter. He tried to hide his jealousy from Seungmin, but he still caught on. They had a really big fight about it once but then they talked everything out and Seungmin usually tells him everything he wants to know about the magic world, even though he pretends to be annoyed by his little brother’s questions,” he explained.

Mr Kim clapped his hands once and got up. “So, what do you say we get back to fixing that car? If we keep it up, we might be able to start her tomorrow.”

Hyunjin jumped up from his seat excitedly. “Let’s get to it, then!” he exclaimed.

Eventually, Seungmin came into the garage to inform the two of them that dinner was almost ready. Mr Kim excused himself first to go and wash up.

Seungmin looked at Hyunjin. “Did you have fun?” he questioned, making Hyunjin grin and nod excitedly.

“Your dad’s really cool and he taught me all that stuff today!” he replied.

Seungmin smiled, stepping closer to wrap his arms around his boyfriend’s neck. “I’m glad to hear that,” he muttered. “I do have to say that this whole mechanic look suits you a lot,” he added, giving Hyunjin a once-over with a raised eyebrow.

Hyunjin chuckled and leaned closer to peck Seungmin on the lips before pulling back again. The younger chased his lips though, reconnecting them as Hyunjin’s hands found their favorite place on Seungmin’s hips.

Hyunjin pulled out of the kiss, however, and caressed Seungmin’s cheek. “I’m probably gross right now. Why don’t we continue this after I take a shower?” he offered, making Seungmin pout a little.

“Fine,” he said.

While Hyunjin washed up, Seungmin helped his brother set the table. Youngmin looked at him and snickered.

“What?” Seungmin asked. His brother just smirked at him. “What?” he repeated his question, sounding sterner. Youngmin pointed at him, his smirk widening.

“You have a grease stain on your neck,” he finally told Seungmin, whose hand immediately flew up to his neck to cover the stain.

“I didn’t know you were suddenly into cars,” Youngmin just as a freshly showered Hyunjin walked into the room. “Or maybe you’re into the mechanics,” he continued, dodging Seungmin’s swing at him. He fled into the kitchen to get the silverware and Seungmin would have chased him down if Hyunjin’s arms hadn’t wrapped around his waist from the back.

“You have a grease stain on your neck,” he pointed out, wiping at Seungmin’s neck in an attempt to get it off.

“I know. Youngmin already generously pointed that out,” Seungmin replied.

Hyunjin chuckled and pressed a short kiss to his cheek. “You should go wash that off. I’ll help your brother with the rest,” Hyunjin said, removing his arms from around Seungmin.

Hyunjin sent a light smack to Seungmin’s as he was leaving the room which earned him an exasperated gasp.

“Love you,” Hyunjin said innocently.

Seungmin fake-glared at him. “You’re lucky, I love you too!” he replied before heading to the bathroom to wash off the grease stain.

~

“Still no word from your parents?” Mrs Park asked Mina as she put some rice into the shopping cart.

Mina lowered her head and shook it. “No, and I’m not expecting them to come around anytime soon, to be honest,” she replied. Mina hadn’t seen her parents in half a year when she had left her home behind for good.

Her parents hadn’t really reacted well to her pregnancy. Especially, since Chanhee’s father wasn’t a pureblood.

“I figured that since it’s Christmas...” Jinwoo’s mother trailed off as Mina reached for some sugar on one of the shelves.

“They’re not really big on forgiveness,” she answered. “But it’s okay; I’m okay,” she added, though she knew that Mrs Park could see right through her lie.

Of course, it hurt that her parents had treated her like they had but she had made a choice.

“Are you going to try inviting them to the wedding?” Jinwoo’s mother asked now.

Mina stopped in her tracks. She hadn’t even thought about that. “I don’t know... they probably wouldn’t come anyway,” she answered with a shrug.

Mrs Park put a hand on Mina’s shoulder. “I think you should try inviting them. If they decide not to come that’s that, but if they do, maybe it’ll give you guys a chance to reconcile. They’re your family, after all,” she advised her.

Mina knew for sure that she would never treat her daughter the way her mother had treated her. She thought about Chanhee’s beautiful smile and she couldn’t imagine ever disowning her for anything. That little girl was the most precious person in Mina’s life aside from Jinwoo, of course.

A part of Mina wanted to keep Chanhee away from her grandparents forever. Another part wanted to give them another chance.

“I’ll think about it...” Mina finally said. It seemed to be all Mrs Park wanted to hear. “Still, you and your husband have done so much for me. I don’t know how I could ever repay you,” she added.

Jinwoo’s parents had been more of a family to her than her own. Mrs Park patted Mina’s arm with a fond smile.

“The only thing we need you to do is to be good to Jinwoo.”

Mina smiled back. That, she could manage.

~

Felix spent the days leading up to Christmas showing Changbin around the city, telling him all kinds of stories about his childhood. Changbin seemed to enjoy listening to his boyfriend going on and on about the past.

“So where did you and Josh meet?” Changbin , looking around the area. Felix spluttered at the sudden question and pouted when Changbin cackled at him.

“You’re mean,” Felix muttered, though there was no bite behind it. Changbin cooed at him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders, reassuring him that he was just kidding.

The Christmas barbeque approached fast and Felix grew more and more excited to see his friends again. Changbin had also seemed to be looking forward to it. The party was soon in full swing and the scent of grilled meat hung in the air of the Lee’s backyard. Christmas barbeques had always been one of Felix’ favorite things.

“Stan!” he called out when he spotted his oldest friend talking to his sister. Stan whirled around and dramatically ran towards Felix before engulfing him in a bone-crushing hug.

“Felix, it’s been way too long! I can’t believe we missed each other last summer!” he exclaimed. Stan had spent the summer in Melbourne with his aunt, so he and Felix hadn’t had a chance to catch up.

“Did your parents tell you that I’m dating Nathan now?” Stan asked him as he pulled out of their hug.

Felix’ eyes widened in delight. “Finally! You have to tell me everything!” he exclaimed right before he caught sight of his confused-looking boyfriend. “Right, sorry... Stan, meet Changbin, my boyfriend. Binnie, this is Stan. One of my best friends,” Felix introduced the two of them.

Stan greeted Changbin with a friendly smile.

“Did you date this one too?” Changbin asked jokingly, though the chuckle got stuck in his throat when Felix and Stan exchanged flustered glances. He looked at Felix. “Seriously?”

Felix only grinned sheepishly. “I’m no threat at all, though. Don’t worry,” Stan assured him, the grin wandering back onto his face.

“Yeah, he’s had it bad for Nathan King since he was like 10 years old which is why I was so surprised to hear that they finally got together!” Felix explained, relieved to see that Changbin didn’t seem to be mad about meeting another one of his boyfriend’s exes. Changbin made a noise of understanding at his boyfriend’s explanation. “Is Nathan here too?” Felix questioned.

Stan looked around. “He should be around here somewhere. He’s probably with Oliver...” he replied.

“That’s Nathan’s brother,” Felix informed Changbin just as a tall, tan boy with dark brown curls approached them and wrapped his arms around Stan, a smirk on his face. “Speak of the devil,” Felix said with a grin. Nathan let go of Stan to greet Felix with a high five.

“Long time no see, Felix. You didn’t happen to bring Chris along with you?” Nathan questioned, looking around curiously.

Felix raised his eyebrows before shaking his head. “He’s spending Christmas with his boyfriend,” he informed the older boy.

“Too bad,” Nathan answered, though the small smirk never left his face.

“Anyway Nate, Changbin. Changbin, Nate!” Felix introduced his boyfriend to the newcomer.

Changbin looked up at Nathan who acknowledged him with a short nod. He was rather tall, and his smirk seemed to never fade. Changbin wasn’t sure if he liked him. But when the older boy turned to Stan, his features went from cocky to lovestruck and he gave off completely different vibes.

“We should leave you two lovebirds alone! Stan, we’ll catch up later. There’s a lot you need to tell me,” Felix announced, wagging his eyebrows at his childhood friend before waving at him and Nathan and pulling Changbin along.

Shortly after they ran into Oliver King; who, in Changbin’s humble opinion, resembled his brother Nathan a lot. He also seemed to be interested in Chan’s whereabouts which made Changbin give Felix a questioning look.

“I’m not entirely sure what it is with Chan and the King brothers and none of them will tell me what’s really going on. I might get it out of Chan one day, but I think he’ll have to be really, really drunk. That’s when he spills all of his secrets,” Felix explained with a small chuckle.

~

Jisung looked at Renjun with a worried expression. His boyfriend had been down during the entire Christmas feast and it didn’t seem to have worn off overnight, even when they were currently seated in front of the fireplace in the common room unwrapping gifts.

“Are you okay?” Jisung finally asked when he couldn’t take Renjun’s unenthusiastic expression anymore as he opened present after present without any kind of reaction. Renjun seemed to snap out of some sort of daze and managed to give Jisung a half-assed smile.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” he asked.

Jisung raised an eyebrow. “You tell me, babe... you seem sad...” he told him, worry etched in his voice.

Renjun slumped his shoulders. “I’m sorry. I’ve just had a lot on my mind... I guess I’m just not feeling the Christmas spirit...” he admitted, lowering his eyes and fiddling with the hem of his chestnut brown Christmas sweater.

Jisung pushed some of the wrapping paper aside and scooted closer to his boyfriend, taking one of his hands into his own. “Is it because you stayed in Hogwarts this year? Would you rather spend Christmas with your family?” Jisung asked carefully.

“That’s the thing. I’m glad I’m not at home right now,” Renjun said. Jisung gave him a confused look, not quite knowing what the older meant. “I got a letter from my parents the other day. They said they were getting a divorce...” Renjun finally told him.

Realization dawned on Jisung’s face and he mentally slapped himself for not picking up on it sooner. He pulled his hand back from Renjun’s and wrapped his arm around him instead, pulling him into his side.

“I’m sorry...” he mumbled. He knew how much this situation , since his own parents were divorced as well.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked after a few seconds of silence.

Renjun brought a sweater paw up to his eyes to wipe at them. “I don’t know. I guess I just didn’t want to burden you with my problems. It’s Christmas, after all,” he replied in a small voice. Jisung made Renjun look at him by putting two fingers under his chin and gently turning his face in his direction.

“That’s what I’m here for though. You can always come to me when you’re going through something. You don’t have to handle it alone,” he assured the older who just smiled faintly and nodded before he leaned in to press a chaste kiss onto Jisung’s lips.

“Come on, I have a present for you,” Jisung suddenly said, pulling Renjun to his feet with him. The older frowned in confusion.

“We said no presents, though! I didn’t get you anything!” he protested but Jisung only laughed.

They went upstairs to their dorm room where Jisung didn’t hesitate to climb on his bed and pat the space next to him. Renjun looked hesitant but followed his boyfriend nonetheless. He let out a surprised squeak when Jisung pulled him in for a tight hug.

“What are you doing?” Renjun asked, his voice muffled by the fabric of Jisung’s Santa-themed sweater.

“When my parents got a divorce, cuddles helped a lot. I cried all the time when the two of them separated, so my sister and I would just put on a movie and cuddle for hours. I mean, this is going to for a while, I’m not gonna lie to you, but you’ve got me, and I will give you all the cuddles you need until you feel better,” Jisung explained, smiling when he felt Renjun’s arms wrap around his middle.

“What did I do to deserve you, Han Jisung?” he muttered.

“Well, for starters, you took off your clothes– ow!” Jisung exclaimed when Renjun lightly pinched his side at the comment, though he was unable to hold back his laughter.

“You just had to go ahead and ruin the moment, didn’t you,” Renjun said, looking up at him with a fond sparkle in his eyes. Jisung grinned and leaned closer to kiss him.

Just as they pulled apart again, the door opened and Bae Jinyoung, the only other Ravenclaw who had stayed behind over Christmas break, stepped into the room, heading straight for his suitcase. He only spared them a quick glance. Renjun pulled out of Jisung’s hug, sitting up straight.

“Uh... we were just...” he trailed off, catching Jisung’s amused eyes at his attempt to talk them out of the situation.

However, Jinyoung turned around to face them with an unfazed expression. “That’s none of my business,” he told the two of them and weirdly enough, he seemed to mean it.

“Can you not tell anyone about this, though? We’re just... we don’t want any rumors to start,” Renjun continued.

Jinyoung shrugged. “Who would I tell?” was all he said before he left the dorm again.

Renjun let out a sigh and sunk back into the mattress. “Do you think he’s going to tell?” Jisung asked.

Renjun shook his head. Jinyoung didn’t seem like the type for gossip. “I don’t think he will...” he trailed off before rolling onto his side to face Jisung.

“I’m really sorry for ruining Christmas for you,” he apologized suddenly.

Jisung reached up to intertwine their hands again, playing with Renjun’s fingers as he answered: “You didn’t ruin anything. I don’t expect you to be frolicking when your parents are breaking up...”

Renjun smiled faintly. “I...” he trailed off before seemingly rethinking his words. “Thanks for being you. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Jisung smiled back at him before reaching under his pillow with his free hand. “I guess you did get pretty lucky with me,” he teased slightly before pulling out a rectangular box from under his pillowcase and opening it. “Without me there’d be nobody to buy you presents despite you telling me not to,” he continued, pulling a silver necklace from the box.

“Jisung! I meant it when I told you I didn’t get you anything,” Renjun said, his eyes wide as he brought himself up into a seating position again.

Jisung copied him, grinning sheepishly. “I wasn’t going to buy it, but... it just suited you, so I couldn’t resist,” the younger explained, dangling the necklace in front of Renjun’s face. A silver pendant in the shape of a wolf hung from it.

“It’s beautiful...” Renjun mumbled.

“Just like its owner,” Jisung answered, motioning for Renjun to turn around so he could put the necklace on. Renjun took the opportunity to hide his reddened cheeks. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up when Jisung’s fingers grazed his skin there as he put on the necklace.

He turned back to face Jisung, the younger admiring the necklace around his boyfriend’s neck. “I feel bad about not getting you anything, though...” Renjun said, looking down at his new present.

Jisung waved off and pulled him closer again, kissing him. “This is enough of a present for me,” he answered.

“You know, for someone who tends to ruin the moment a lot, you sure do get sappy often,” Renjun told him, making Jisung laugh.

“If you want, we can just go back to taking our clothes off,” he suggested, wagging his eyebrows and making Renjun blush and playfully shove his chest.

“You’re making this sound really wrong!” he shot back.

“I wasn’t the one in the bubble bath, sweetheart,” Jisung , causing Renjun to blush even more.

“I hate you,” he grumbled, wishing he was still as confident as he had been back then.

Jisung cackled and pulled him in to cuddle him again. “No, you don’t.”

“No, I don’t...”

After all, Jisung had made him temporarily forget about his parents’ divorce.

And the other thing, too...

~

“How many pictures are you going to take of me, my love?” Hyunjin asked in an amused tone of voice when he caught Seungmin snapping a photo.

Seungmin lowered his camera, grinning. “I won’t stop until the film’s full,” he announced, only making Hyunjin laugh.

The two of them had decided to spend the day at the beach because according to Seungmin’s mother there was “nothing more romantic than watching the sunset at the beach together.”

Seungmin liked the beach since it was a pretty chill spot to study sometimes. However, he had to admit that it was a lot more enjoyable to be here with Hyunjin.

“You should come here with me more often,” Seungmin pointed out, letting the camera dangle from around his neck, as he stepped closer to his boyfriend who was ankle-deep in the water.

“I’d love that, but I’m afraid my mom’s already going to have my head for coming here once she finds out...” Hyunjin replied, casually wrapping his arms around Seungmin’s waist.

“You know she can’t tell you what to do much longer, right? In a few months you’ll be an adult... she has to get used to you making your own decisions,” Seungmin told him, his tone serious. “And for the love of Merlin, if she slaps you one more time, I’ll–”

Hyunjin didn’t let him get much further and instead just cut him off with a kiss. Seungmin didn’t fully appreciate his rant being cut short but at least Hyunjin had used a proper method to shut him up. Too soon, Hyunjin pulled back and looked at him.

“You’re completely right. It’s just hard... she probably won’t even send one of her half-assed Christmas cards...” Hyunjin trailed off. “Like, I want her to care but I’m scared that she only cares in negative ways. Does that make sense?”

Seungmin nodded and pulled Hyunjin in for a hug. He wanted to do more for him than just that, but he knew that he couldn’t. At least not right now.

Eventually, Hyunjin pulled out of the hug and Seungmin’s heart broke a little when he saw unshed tears glistening in his boyfriend’s eyes. Hyunjin only chuckled and wiped at his eyes.

“Sorry, let’s not talk about it anymore,” Hyunjin said. “The sun’s about to set.”

Seungmin wanted to keep reassuring him but he could sense that Hyunjin was done with the topic for now. So, he just sat down in the sand with him and leaned into Hyunjin’s side as the older placed an arm around his shoulders.

They sat in silence watching the sun go down and basking in each other’s presence.

~

“I could get used to this,” Hyunjin told his boyfriend the next day. Seungmin chuckled and got more comfortable next to Hyunjin. They had decided to spend the morning in the hot tub while Seungmin’s parents and Youngmin were out.

“It is pretty nice out here...” Seungmin agreed.

Hyunjin grinned, nuzzling his neck. “Not what I meant,” he purred, sneakily tracing his finger over his boyfriend’s hip tattoo, earning himself a yelp.

“You–” Seungmin cut himself off, fake glaring at Hyunjin who just grinned, an innocent expression on his face.

“What? I rarely ever get a chance to see that pretty tattoo of yours,” Hyunjin muttered, going back to burying his face in the crook of the younger’s neck, leaving a few feather-like kisses in his wake. Seungmin shuddered a little at the feeling, turning his body slightly so he half-faced Hyunjin. The Slytherin’s lips wandered from his neck up to his jaw line until they met with Seungmin’s. One of Hyunjin’s hands moved up to cup his cheek while the other circled around his waist. He relished in the barely audible whimper Seungmin let out when his lips moved back to his neck.

Suddenly, a cough came from the doorway of the patio, causing the couple to jump apart. They whipped around to see a smirking Youngmin standing there, wagging his eyebrows. He had a surfboard under his arm, so it was pretty clear that he had just returned from the beach.

“Mom and Dad just pulled up in the driveway. So, unless you want them to catch you like this, I’d suggest you make yourself look more presentable,” Youngmin teased them before walking away without further words.

Hyunjin looked at his boyfriend and giggled, poking Seungmin’s neck where he’d gotten a little too carried away.

“I think your brother’s right...” he said, at least having the decency to look a little sheepish. Seungmin couldn’t even bring himself to be mad about the hickey he’d have to hide from his parents now.

They got out of the hot tub and put some clothes on. Hyunjin was faster than Seungmin so he went ahead and helped Mr and Mrs Kim with carrying in the last-minute groceries they’d bought. When Seungmin finished getting dressed as well and left his room he promptly ran into his smug little brother.

“You two are really whipped for each other...” Youngmin pointed out.

Seungmin crossed his arms over his chest. “We’re not!” he argued.

They totally were.

Youngmin knew it just as well as Seungmin did. “You got a tattoo to prove you wrong, though,” he told him, cackling when Seungmin’s eyes widened in surprise.

“How do you– you’re not going to tell mom, right?” Seungmin asked him, looking at Youngmin with a pleading expression.

Youngmin tapped his chin in thought. “Not if you pay up! 20 bucks and I’ll keep quiet,” he finally said, a mischievous grin on his face.

Seungmin huffed in exasperation. “I’m not going to pay you, brat!” he said.

Youngmin only grinned, taking a deep breath and shouting: “Mom!”

Seungmin panicked, covering his brother’s mouth with his hand. “Fine, I’ll give you 20 bucks! I swear to god, Kim Youngmin, one day I’ll hex you to another planet!” he threatened while pulling some money from his back pocket and shoving it into Youngmin’s hand.

“Pleasure doing business with you, big brother!”

~

“Chanhee, who’s your favorite uncle? Is it uncle Minho?” Minho currently cooed at the baby. He and Chan had just arrived for dinner and Minho had immediately joined Jinwoo at the new playmat.

“It’s definitely uncle Chan!” Chan playfully argued as he helped Mrs Park set the table.

Minho stuck his tongue out at his boyfriend which made Chanhee laugh. “See, she loves me,” he declared proudly.

Jinwoo laughed and lifted Chanhee into his arms. “Look at those silly uncles fighting for your affection...” he said. Chanhee clapped her tiny hands together in excitement. “If you’re going to be this popular when you’re older, your dad’s going to get gray hair very early on,” Jinwoo continued, giving Chanhee a fond look.

Minho grinned. “I’ll make sure to teach her everything I know!” he promised.

“Don’t you dare!” Jinwoo warned him but Minho only laughed before joining Chan who was still carrying stuff inside.

Jinwoo shook his head fondly and exchanged another look with his daughter. “Should we go look for mama and grandpa?” Jinwoo asked her, heading in the direction of the kitchen where his father and Mina currently seemed to be in the process of finishing up dinner.

“Need any help?” Jinwoo questioned.

Mina gave him a look and smiled. “No, thanks. We’re pretty much done, I think,” she answered.

“Alright, I’ll go put Chanhee down then,” Jinwoo announced. Mina quickly shuffled over to press a kiss onto her daughter’s forehead before sending the two of them off with a smile.

Dinner was rather lively, which was a given when someone as full of energy as Minho was around. The Parks had only met him a few months ago since he and Jinwoo hadn’t grown close until after he and Chan had started dating.

Nevertheless, Jinwoo’s parents practically treated him like another son. Minho found himself liking the family-like atmosphere since he had never really experienced it at home.

He could really get used to spending Christmas like this.

“How’s the wedding planning coming along?” Chan asked Jinwoo who couldn’t hold back a smile at the mention of his upcoming wedding.

“It’s going a little too slowly for my liking, but we still have time after all,” Jinwoo answered.

“Isn’t the wedding scheduled for April?” Minho questioned, furrowing his brows.

Jinwoo nodded, causing Minho to gasp. “That’s so soon! Have you picked out a dress yet?” he addressed Mina, who laughed at her distressed friend.

“Not yet. I was a little busy with Chanhee,” she admitted.

“Did you find a venue?” Minho asked next.

“I’ve found a good one. That’s pretty much the only thing that’s fully secured yet,” Jinwoo’s father spoke up.

“If you guys need a caterer...” Minho trailed off, but Chan put a hand on top of his, causing him to stop talking.

“Slow down, babe. I didn’t know you were this excited about the wedding,” he teased his boyfriend.

Minho clutched his heart in exasperation. “Of course, I’m excited about the wedding, Channie! It’s going to be the highlight of my year! I love weddings!” he exclaimed. “And theirs is going to be amazing,” he added.

“If you’re not too busy with your auror training, do you want to help me plan it?” Mina suddenly asked him.

Minho’s eyes widened almost comically. “Do you really mean that?” Mina nodded. “I’ll have you know that I was born to plan weddings. It’s going to be the highlight of everyone’s year!”

Chan chuckled in amusement, happy to see his boyfriend this excited. “I think you’ve just created a monster,” he joked, causing the others to laugh.

~

Felix was currently in the middle of ripping open his father’s Christmas present. “Dad! This is...” he trailed off, looking at the self-knitted, sock-like thing in his hand. “Uh... what is it?” he questioned.

Felix father laughed. “It’s a wand sock,” he explained. Felix chuckled. It was entirely like his father to give him such a silly but useful present.

“I love it, dad, thanks,” he said. He pulled the wand out of his pocket and tried to put it in the sock.

“Perfect,” Mr Lee exclaimed cheerfully. “I made one for you, too, Changbin!” he addressed his son’s boyfriend, who looked surprised when Felix’ father handed him a wrapped present.

“Thank you,” Changbin said, baffled. He hadn’t expected to get any presents from the Lees. He turned to Felix.

“I got you something...” he admitted shyly.

Felix beamed at him. “Binnie! You shouldn’t have!” he exclaimed. Changbin only smiled and handed him the fancily wrapped box.

Felix gasped when he unwrapped it to find the expensive pair of Quidditch gloves he had been eyeing for months. He would stop by at the Quidditch store every time he and Changbin went to Hogsmeade and stare at the gloves for a solid 10 minutes.

“I definitely had to get them for you. You wanted them so badly, how could I not?” Changbin said, grinning at Felix who was still staring at the gloves wide-eyed.

“Those must have cost a fortune, Changbin!” Mrs Lee pointed out.

Changbin waved off. “It was nothing...” he muttered shyly.

“This is going to put my gift for you to shame, Binnie...” Felix joked, wrapping his arms around Changbin. “Thank you so much, I love you,” he thanked his boyfriend, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Changbin blushed when Felix’ parents cooed at them.

“Okay, here’s mine,” Felix said once they’d pulled apart. He went to pick up a rather big box from under the Christmas tree.

Changbin’s eyes widened. “Felix, what is that?” he questioned.

Felix grinned. “I’m afraid it looks more impressive than it actually is. Go ahead, open it!” he told his boyfriend.

Changbin unwrapped the present to find a large wooden box. He gave Felix a look, but the younger only motioned for him to open the lid, which he did.

Inside was a self-knitted sweater in Slytherin colors. “I’ve never knitted anything before, but I asked dad for pointers and... it’s not very good but–”

“I love it, Lix,” Changbin cut him off, admiring the soft sweater as Felix blushed at the compliment.

“As for the box... if we put little partition walls in there you can use it to start a potions collection or something. I know that Hyunjoon has something like this,” Felix explained. Changbin smiled at him.

“If only his presents for us were this heartfelt,” Mr Lee suddenly joked, causing the rest of them to laugh.

Changbin had always loved Christmas since his parents tended to go all out with the decorations (and, yes, also with the presents). He had been a little sad about not spending the holidays with his parents but Felix loving family had definitely made it worth it.

~

“Wow, thanks Youngmin... please excuse me while I go return your present,” Seungmin deadpanned as he inspected the book his little brother had gifted him.

“What? I thought you might enjoy a guide on how to have fun. Since you’re always studying and probably barely have time for your boyfriend,” Youngmin said innocently.

Seungmin was about to retort that he had more than enough time for his boyfriend and that he very well knew how to have fun, but his mother beat him to it.

“Be nice, Youngmin,” she scolded him.

Youngmin grinned and pulled out another gift from under the tree. “Alright, I was just kidding anyway. Here’s your real gift,” he announced and handed the wrapped box to Seungmin who took it skeptically. He unwrapped it to find a brand-new photo album inside.

“It’s nothing special but since you like taking pictures so much, I figured you could use somewhere to put them...” Youngmin explained sheepishly. Seungmin looked at his brother, speechless for a few moments while Hyunjin was inspecting the album from over his shoulder.

“Thank you,” Seungmin said finally. “That’s... that’s really thoughtful of you, Youngmin. I don’t even know what to say.”

Youngmin shrugged nonchalantly. “You don’t have to say anything. It’s no big deal,” he waved off. Seungmin chuckled at his little brother’s tough guy act. He scooted over to Youngmin and tackled him in a hug.

“Ew, stop! I don’t want– no, don’t you dare!” Youngmin screeched when Seungmin attempted to plant a big, brotherly smooch onto his cheek. Seungmin let go of his brother, laughing, and returned to his original seat next to Hyunjin who had watched the whole exchange with a mixture of fondness and amusement.

“So, what did you get me?” Youngmin questioned while still excessively wiping at his cheek, despite Seungmin’s failed attempt.

The older grinned and got out a rather large box which he handed over to Youngmin.

“What is it?” Youngmin asked, once he’d unwrapped the present to find a colorful box full of stuff he didn’t know.

“It’s stuff from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. It’s a joke shop and they have all sorts of stuff, so I figured I could get you a few things.” He got his brother some of the more harmless items so neither of them would get in trouble. Seungmin knew how jealous his brother was sometimes about him being a wizard, so he was glad to at least be able to share the little things of his world with him.

“That’s so cool, thanks Seungmin!” Youngmin exclaimed.

“Look at you two getting along,” their father commented.

“Don’t get used to it,” Seungmin joked. The rest of the family exchanged gifts – Seungmin got Hyunjin a handheld game console which he had been very delighted about – before spending the day watching Christmas movies.

Once Seungmin’s parents got started on lunch and Youngmin began testing his new Wizard Wheezes, Hyunjin led Seungmin back to his room.

“And what are you up to?” Seungmin questioned, raising his eyebrow in amusement when his boyfriend closed the door behind them.

“Nothing wild, I promise,” Hyunjin told him with a chuckle. “I just wanted to give you your present in private.” Seungmin raised his other eyebrow as well as he sat down on his desk chair and watched Hyunjin rummage around in his suitcase.

“Close your eyes,” Hyunjin instructed him. Seungmin chuckled at his secretive boyfriend but decided to do as he was told. He heard Hyunjin make a triumphant noise when he seemed to have found the gift in his suitcase and no sooner, he felt the older’s presence as he crouched down in front of him.

“Okay, so my first present...” Hyunjin trailed off.

Seungmin wanted to make a comment but before he could, he felt Hyunjin’s full lips on his own. The kiss was gentle and chaste, and it made Seungmin smile as his heartbeat picked up. When Hyunjin pulled back, Seungmin opened his eyes.

“No, keep them closed,” Hyunjin said, though with a soft smile on his face.

“Why are you making this such a big secret? This is making my gift for you look weak,” Seungmin joked, sounding a little whiny about being kept in the dark – literally. Hyunjin chuckled and kissed his cheek.

“I love your gift,” he assured Seungmin. “Alright, so my second gift is something really serious. I spent a lot of time thinking about whether I should really give it to you. I don’t want to freak you out,” he continued.

“Uh... Hyunjin? You’re not, like, going to propose to me right now, are you? Because you know I love you and , but I don’t think my parents would approve of that just yet,” the younger rambled suspiciously. He heard Hyunjin giggle again before something was slipped onto his ring finger.

His eyes flew open in surprise.

“Don’t worry, it’s not a proposal. I just wanted to give you something meaningful and I think this one suits you very well. Just view it as a placeholder for the engagement ring I’m definitely going to give you when we’re older,” Hyunjin told him, sounding more confident than he looked.

Seungmin gently ran a hand through the older’s hair, before looking at the ring. It was simple, though Seungmin was sure that Hyunjin had probably paid a lot for it. It didn’t look like a typical engagement ring, so that was good. He could already imagine Jisung freaking out at the thought of his best friend getting engaged.

“So, it’s basically a pre-engagement ring?” he joked, mainly to distract himself from his thoughts about an actual engagement.

Hyunjin laughed and nodded. “I guess you could say that. It’s just with less pressure and me not actually asking you to spend the rest of your life with me,” he agreed. “Is it too much, though? You don’t have to wear it on your finger,” he added, slight worry etched in his voice.

Seungmin looked at the ring for a few seconds. “Well, maybe I should wear it as a necklace when we get back to school. You know how crazy that castle is regarding rumors,” he reasoned with his boyfriend who nodded in agreement.

“I figured,” Hyunjin said before pulling a necklace chain from his pocket with a grin.

Seungmin slipped the ring off his finger and put it on the chain before letting his boyfriend put it around his neck. “It’s really pretty, Hyunjin,” he told Hyunjin who smiled at him.

“Of course, it is. Only the best for you, my love.”

Seungmin chuckled and pulled Hyunjin closer for a kiss.

A loud knock startled them and a second later Youngmin burst into the room, covering his eyes. “I hope you’re decent! Lunch’s ready!” he announced.

Seungmin let go of Hyunjin to chase after his brother who ran off screeching and cackling. Hyunjin only shook his head fondly and began to make his way downstairs as well.

All in all: Best Christmas Ever.