I am [unsure]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Hey everyone! We're back with a new one shot!
And we're bringing you some Changlix today...but uh...yeah, just see for yourself lmao. 

We hope you're gonna like it!

 

It was a normal, slightly cloudy Saturday and Changbin was currently in the middle of buttering a croissant, humming to himself, when his boyfriend Felix suddenly made a weird, surprised noise, causing him to look up.

“Wha–” he started but Felix had already jumped out of his seat and was running towards the doors of the Great Hall. Still confused, Changbin rose from his seat as well, leaving the croissant behind to follow the younger.

“Joshua Wen?” Felix exclaimed, approaching a guy Changbin had never seen before, despite him wearing a Slytherin tie and looking around his age.

The Slytherin, Joshua Wen, met his gaze and his eyes widened in recognition. “Felix!”

He sounded just as surprised as Felix did, but Changbin was still the most confused, especially when the two shared a hug and “Joshua” even gave Felix an excited peck on the cheek.

“I missed you, muffin!” he said happily.

Changbin raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms over his chest. Muffin?

“Um, Felix?” he finally spoke up.

Felix finally pulled back from Joshua and looked at Changbin like he just remembered that he was there.

“Oh my god, Binnie! This is Josh, we... knew each other back in Australia,” he explained, still smiling excitedly. Changbin wasn’t sure if he was happy about this, though.

“That’s his way of saying that we dated a few summers ago before I moved to Auckland to go to school there,” Josh added with a wide grin, casually putting an arm around Felix’ shoulders.

Changbin’s eyebrows shot up once more.

Felix blushed. “A-anyway, Josh... this is my boyfriend Changbin,” he finally introduced him.

Josh’s eyes widened a little and he retracted his arm from the Gryffindor’s shoulders, probably realizing that the news of him being Felix’ ex might be making things awkward.

“Nice to meet you! It seems like we’re housemates,” he said, his expression back to carefree in a matter of seconds.

“You’re a seventh year, right?” Felix asked Josh, who nodded. The younger grinned enthusiastically and looked back at Changbin. “That means you’re roommates!” he exclaimed.

Changbin forced a little smile. “It would appear so,” he said. He really didn’t know what to think of this whole situation. Maybe he was imagining it, but he thought there was something in the way Felix looked at Josh... and it was beyond unsettling.

~

“So, what are you doing here anyway?” Felix questioned, as he and Changbin gave Josh a quick tour around the most important parts of the castle.

Josh grinned. “My parents thought that it would be best to finish my education at the best school in the world... there were some complications with the transfer process, so it took a little longer, but it all worked out in the end,” he explained. “And now that I’m here, I have to say they were right. Hogwarts is amazing!”

Felix grinned. “That’s true. Though it’s hard to be so far away from home... but I found some really great friends here. I can’t wait for you to meet them!” he answered excitedly.

Josh smiled and ruffled Felix’ hair. “I’m really glad I already have one friend here,” he said.

Felix returned the smile and looked over at Changbin, who had been silent this entire time. “Two friends,” he corrected. Josh and Changbin exchanged a look and the new Slytherin smiled at him.

“Right, two! I look forward to meeting the rest of your friends!”

Changbin reached out to touch Felix’ hand, getting his attention. “I have to go... I promised Hyunjin to watch his Quidditch practice... you know, since he’s new at the whole captain thing and everything,” he said.

Felix nodded. “Alright, I’ll see you later then?” he asked Changbin.

“Sure,” he replied and kissed Felix before heading the other direction. Felix looked after him until he couldn’t see him anymore, a small smile playing on his lips.

“So, how long have you two been together?” Josh questioned once Felix had directed his attention back on him.

The younger smiled. “Almost a year,” he answered, remembering how things were between them a year ago. They used to be shy and awkward around each other before Felix had finally mustered the courage to ask Changbin out.

He looked up at Josh. The older had grown since Felix had last seen him and he was even more handsome, with his dark brown eyes and those soft black curls that Felix used to love running his hands through so much. He was now less of an awkward teen and more of a man. They had only dated for a few weeks, but Felix remembered how sad he had been when Josh had left for Auckland.

He had really liked him.

“What’s on your mind, muffin?” Josh questioned with a gentle smile, making the younger snap out of his thoughts.

“Oh, nothing...” he waved off.

Josh chuckled lightly, “Alright then...” he muttered. “So, what have you been up to around here?” he questioned.

“Mostly Quidditch, actually. I’m on the team as a Keeper,” Felix answered.

“Really? That’s amazing! I’ll make sure to cheer you on during Quidditch games, then,” Josh said, nudging the younger’s shoulder.

Felix laughed. “Maybe you shouldn’t do that, considering that my team is going to crush yours this year,” he joked.

After their embarrassing loss against Slytherin last year – which had been completely his fault – Felix was determined to make up for it this year.

Josh smiled at him. “Well, in that case, I’ll only cheer for you when you’re not playing against my house,” he told Felix. “Seriously, though... I’m really glad we met again,” he added, sounding less joking now.

The younger looked up at him, meeting his eyes. “Yeah, me too... it was a really nice surprise. I’ve missed you, Joshua,” he answered.

~

Felix introduced Josh to his friends when they all gathered at the Slytherin table during lunch. He was glad to see that they all seemed to click with him right away. Josh was a really cool guy and easy to befriend, so it would have been a surprise to see his friends resenting him.

He enjoyed having the older around again, they joked around about their time together back in Australia, and talked about what they missed the most, while the others got to know Josh a little more.

A week passed and Josh seemed to adapt just fine to life at Hogwarts. Felix was happy to see him spend some time with other seventh years, but never failing to smile or wave at him when he saw him around.

One afternoon, Eric sat down next to him in class, looking at him with a smirk playing on his lips. “So, who’s that hot new friend of yours?” he questioned.

Felix laughed. “Just someone I know from home,” he told the younger, whose eyes widened in delight. “Oh~ a spicy summer fling?” he asked.

Felix gave him a weird look. “How do you know that?”

“I’ve had my share of those,” Eric told him with a knowing smile.

Right, with Jisung, for instance...

“Anyway, yes... we dated but that’s over,” Felix said.

“It had better be. I’m not sure Changbin would appreciate you getting back together with your ex,” Eic pointed out. Felix’ chest did a thing at his words.

What would have happened if Josh had never gone to Auckland back then?

Would they... still be together?

Something about the thought of getting back together with Josh, made some kind of feeling spread in his chest.

Was it guilt that he even let the thought cross his mind?

Or was it something else…?

Felix shook the thought out of his head.

“That’s not happening,” he told Eric in a finalizing tone.

~

“When do I get to see you play Quidditch, muffin?” Josh asked him after class, when the two of them hung out in the clocktower courtyard.

Felix chuckled. “Our next game is soon...” he replied. “But if you want you can come to practice this weekend?” he offered. Josh smiled and seemed to think about it for a second before smiling gently.

“I’d like that.”

“So, how are your classes going so far?” Felix asked. “Are you still aiming to become an auror?”

He remembered the older telling him about his dream years ago.

“Yeah, I am... classes are going pretty well, so far. The teachers around here are a lot better than the ones in Auckland. I should have come here sooner,” Josh answered with a small laugh.

Felix couldn’t help but agree. It would have been fun to have him around sooner.

But what about Changbin?

He furrowed his brows at the thought. What about Changbin? Nothing would have changed between the two of them if Josh had transferred here sooner, right? He shook his head, earning himself a questioning look from the older.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Nothing... I just thought about something weird,” Felix answered. “Anyway, should we head to dinner?” he switched subjects.

He wouldn’t see Changbin at dinner tonight, since he and Hyunjin were down at the Quidditch field again.

Josh nodded and got up. “You’re going to have to lead the way, though, because I still get lost around here,” he told Felix with a chuckle.

“Yeah, it’s going to take a while until you’re going to find your way around here... even I still get lost sometimes,” Felix laughed and began heading inside.

~

After dinner, which he had spent with Josh and some of his friends, Felix was heading to the library to return an Advanced Charms book he’d borrowed a while ago, when Seungmin caught up with him.

“Hey, are you going to the library?” he asked. Felix nodded. “I’ll come with you,” he said.

“It’s rare to see you without Hyunjin these days,” Felix joked, making Seungmin chuckle.

“I guess that’s true... but we just don’t seem to grow sick of each other,” he answered with a fond smile on his face. “That reminds me...I didn’t see Changbin at lunch,” Seungmin said.

“I know, he told me he was with Hyunjin, actually,” Felix answered. Seungmin looked at him, gnawing at his lip a little bit. “What is it?”

“I’m not sure how to say this... it’s about Josh,” Seungmin started, his voice sounding unsure, almost as if he was reluctant to even bring up the subject.

Felix tilted his head. “What about him?”

Seungmin bit down on his lip, taking a few moments to answer. “Okay, don’t get me wrong... Josh is a really nice guy and I like him, but... I’ve seen the way he looks at you,” he finally stated, giving Felix next to him a rather serious look.

Felix looked back at Seungmin, an exasperated expression on his face. “What do you mean? We broke up years ago,” he said, unable to stop himself from sounding a little defensive.

“I know, but from what you’ve told me, the relationship ended pretty abruptly because he moved away. I’m just saying, last year my relationship almost got ruined because of another guy. I just don’t want the same thing to happen to you and Changbin,” Seungmin explained himself.

Felix thought about his words. He and Josh really had broken up rather suddenly. They were happily dating all summer until Josh had dropped the bomb that he would be going to a wizarding school in Auckland and that it would be better to end things on good terms right now.

Felix had been devastated, but he had understood Josh’s reasoning. Even though he had wished for nothing more than to be able to go to the same school as Josh. He had already been stoked when he had found out that the older was a wizard just like him, who had attended school in the US.

He remembered wishing for Josh to transfer to Hogwarts, so they could continue being together.

And now Josh was here.

Two years later.

The weird feeling spread in Felix’ chest again and he finally knew what it meant.

It was doubt.

Of course, he had caught on to the way Josh still called him muffin and now that he thought about it, the older did still seem pretty fond of him. More than just an ex-boyfriend...

But did that mean, he still had leftover feelings for Josh?

If so, what would that mean for him and Changbin?

He didn’t want to fight with the older if he found out that he might not be completely over Josh after all.

He loved Changbin... he just wasn’t sure about his feelings for Joshua.

“Anyway, as I said, I’m just trying to look out for you,” Seungmin ripped Felix out of his thoughts, after he had stayed silent for a while.

Felix looked at him, giving him a small, albeit forced smile. “Thanks...” he replied, as the two sixth years continued their way to the library, but the thoughts kept spiraling in Felix’ mind. He mentally slapped himself for even thinking about having feelings for anyone other than Changbin.

It just wasn’t fair to his boyfriend.

But he also couldn’t just ignore it…

What was he going to do?

~

Changbin couldn’t exactly say that he was happy about practically having to be around Josh every day. The guy was nice and everything, and he seemed to make a great effort to befriend Changbin, but there was just something about the way he interacted with Felix.

The way he still called Felix muffin, the way he ruffled Felix’ hair from time to time, the way he generally was really close to Felix whenever they had a conversation.

Changbin usually tried to blame it on his jealousy and hoped that he was only imagining things, but there was no doubt that the way Felix and Josh looked at each other was beyond worrying.

He got a bad feeling in his gut just thinking about it.

Maybe Changbin was just reading too much into it. He probably wouldn’t even react that way, if he hadn’t known about their history together.

So, he did the only reasonable thing he could think about.

He consulted Hyunjin.

“Do you think Josh likes Felix?” he questioned one evening, as the two Slytherins made their way back to the common room after Changbin had once again watched Hyunjin practice.

The younger was doing pretty well as a captain, which he had told him multiple times, but he enjoyed watching practice, since it kept his mind off Josh for at least a little while.

“What?” Hyunjin asked, clearly shocked at the suddenness of the question. “What makes you say that?”

Changbin shrugged. “I don’t know... they were together a while back and...” he trailed off.

“Exactly, a while back! I don’t think Josh is still hung up over something that’s been over for years. Besides, Felix loves you!”

Changbin smiled a little, feeling a bit better.

“On top of that, the guy’s really nice. I don’t think he would just go and steal your boyfriend. He’s not like Sangyeol,” Hyunjin spat the Ravenclaw’s name.

Changbin could understand. That little rat had tried to break Seungmin and Hyunjin up last year and he had almost succeeded. He remembered how insecure Hyunjin had felt about himself... he didn’t want to go through the same thing.

“You’re right...” he admitted.

Josh seemed genuinely nice. Maybe it was really time for Changbin to give the guy a chance. It would certainly mean a lot to Felix for his boyfriend to get along with his friends.

Because that’s all he and Josh were... friends.

It was time to stop overthinking.

~

After an entire week of nothing but rain and clouds, the weather had suddenly decided to be comfortably warm for a change. The sky was clear, and a light breeze was washing over the castle – a perfect day to spend out in the soft October sun so Josh and Felix had decided to do just that and met up down by the lake after class.

They would have asked Changbin to join them, but the said Slytherin had a class in Care of Magical Creatures.

They had brought along a few snacks and talked about their memories from Australia, Josh’s first week in Hogwarts and the school he used to attend in Auckland.

“Hogwarts is so nice. The school back in Auckland was much smaller and we didn’t have as many students or a beautiful lake like this on campus. We also didn’t have a Quidditch team. It was banned because the headmaster claimed that it was too dangerous because of an accident that happened 20 years ago or something,” Josh told Felix and paused. “I would’ve loved to join a Quidditch team...” he added, a reminiscent smile on his face as he watched the calm water of the large lake in front of them.

A few seconds of comfortable silence passed before Josh turned to Felix. “The students here are also much cuter than the ones in Auckland,” he said, nudging Felix with a grin playing on his lips.

Felix scoffed, slapping Joshua’s shoulder in embarrassment and earning a warm chuckle from him.

“No, but seriously, muffin. I’m happy to spend time with you again,” Josh confessed honestly, looking into Felix’ eyes.

Felix looked up at him, sensing a familiar feeling bubble up in his chest as his eyes traveled to Joshua’s lips. How soft Josh’s lips would feel against his…

That’s when Felix snapped out of his gaze and abruptly jumped to his feet with widened eyes, causing Josh to get up as well and give him a confused chuckle.

“Is everything alright?” he asked.

“Y-yeah... I just remembered that I uh... forgot about an assignment that’s due tomorrow,” Felix lied and excused himself, saying that he needed to head back to the Gryffindor common room. Josh seemed a bit confused, but smiled nonetheless, wishing Felix good luck with his assignment and a good night.

As soon as he had made it back to the castle, he found himself running through the corridors as fast as he could. He didn’t even really know whether he was running into the right direction. All he knew was that his head was spinning, and that he felt so guilty he could cry.

Nothing had happened, but he still felt like a cheater.

What did all of this mean?

Felix knew he loved Changbin, he was sure of it, but how could he be with him if he wasn’t sure whether he still had any lingering feelings for Josh?

It simply wasn’t fair to Changbin.

Felix stopped running, catching his breath and ignoring the confused looks he got from the students around him.

He needed to clear his mind. He couldn’t just keep pretending that nothing was wrong. He needed to figure himself out before he could properly look Changbin in the eyes again, without feeling guilty and dishonest.

And he needed to do it as soon as possible.

~

Changbin was rather surprised when he found his boyfriend waiting for him outside of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom the next day after his last class of the day. He was about to greet him with a kiss, but Felix turned his face, so his lips landed on the younger’s freckled cheek. He furrowed his brows in confusion.

“What is it?” he asked, concerned.

Had he done something to upset Felix?

He couldn’t think of anything. Sure, they hadn’t spent that much time together lately, because of Changbin monitoring Quidditch practice for Hyunjin and Felix helping Joshua adapt to Hogwarts, but he had been under the impression that they were fine.

As it turned out, he was wrong.

“I think we should take a break,” Felix said finally, making Changbin’s eyes widen.

“W-what? Why?” he asked, beyond confused.

Felix lowered his head. He looked pale and sad, exhausted even like he hadn’t gotten any sleep last night. Changbin wanted to take a step forward and take Felix’ hand; tell him that they would be fine, but he stood frozen in the same spot. He didn’t even know what was wrong.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Felix looked up at him again.

“I just shouldn’t be with you right now. I have to sort some stuff out in my head and it... it just wouldn’t be fair to you,” Felix told him.

Changbin’s mouth fell open in shock. “B-but...”

You can’t leave me. I love you.

It was what he should have said, but the words got stuck in his throat. He thought he could see tears b in Felix’ eyes.

“I’m sorry, Changbin,” was all Felix said, before turning on his heel and running off, leaving him behind, confused and heartbroken. The pain in Changbin’s chest felt like someone had pierced it with a poisoned arrow.

He couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it.

Felix had really just... broken up with him. And he hadn’t even told him a proper reason.

What kind of stuff did he have to sort out?

After a solid five minutes of just standing in front of the classroom, he finally felt like he was able to move again and slowly began trotting in the direction of his common room. He felt numb and empty but at the same time, he wanted to scream and cry.

Everything had been okay between him and Felix, until... until Josh had appeared.

Of course, it had to have something to do with him. There was no other explanation.

He reached the common room, where Hyunjin was sitting on one of the green couches, reading a book. A few other students were lurking around, but it was mostly empty around here, since most students were probably trying to enjoy the last bits of sun before it got colder.

Changbin already felt very cold. Maybe that was because his personal sun had just left him...

Hyunjin looked up from his book when Changbin came closer. “Sup,” he said, his brows furrowing when he noticed Changbin’s gloomy expression. He sat up straight and put the book aside. “What’s wrong?” Hyunjin questioned.

Changbin didn’t want to cry, but he couldn’t stop the tears from building up in his eyes, blurring his vision and threatening to roll down his cheeks. He wanted to tell Hyunjin, whose expression became more and more worried as he waited for Changbin to give him an answer, what had happened, but the words got stuck in his throat.

“What is it, Binnie?” Hyunjin asked again.

That was when the dam broke and Changbin started crying uncontrollably, falling onto the couch and practically clinging onto his confused best friend. He didn’t care about the other students giving them quizzical looks, he couldn’t stop crying if he tried.

He felt Hyunjin’s arms wrap around him, his hands rubbing soothing circles into his back, as he sobbed uncontrollably into his younger friend’s robes. “Binnie... what happened?” he asked carefully.

Changbin tried to tell him, he really did, but as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, the only thing coming out was more sobs.

It took Hyunjin a whole 20 minutes to calm him down enough to talk. He was still sniffling, and hiccupping, silent tears were running down his cheeks, no matter how fiercely he tried to wipe them.

Hyunjin took his hand and looked at him. “What’s going on? Did something happen?” he asked, clearly concerned.

Changbin understood his worries. He had never broken down crying in front of the younger before. Then again, Felix had never shattered his heart before.

“F-Felix just b-broke up with me...” he finally croaked out.

Hyunjin’s eyes widened in surprise. “He did what? Why would he do that?” he exclaimed.

Changbin lowered his head, trying his best not to break down again. “I have no idea...” he told Hyunjin honestly.

The younger pulled him into another hug, for a lack of words to say. It was safe to say that neither of them had ever seen this coming.

“Want me to beat him up for you?” Hyunjin offered, sounding serious.

Changbin wasn’t sure if he meant it or not, but he just shook his head, mumbling a barely audible “no...”

When they pulled out of the hug, the older noticed how pissed Hyunjin looked. So that offer about beating Felix up had probably been a serious one. But no matter how much Felix had hurt him, Changbin didn’t want him to get hurt in any way.

“Fine... should I talk to him, then?” Hyunjin offered, taking ahold of Changbin’s hand again.

The older just shrugged. “I don’t know... I think I just want to go lie down...” he mumbled.

Hyunjin gave him a look full of sympathy. “It’ll be okay, I promise,” he assured him.

Changbin wasn’t sure if he could believe that.

If he wasn’t with Felix, how could things ever be okay again?

He got up, his whole body feeling heavy, before heading towards the seventh-year dorm. His head was hurting from all the crying and he could feel Hyunjin’s eyes on him the whole way.

When he entered the dorm, ready to crawl underneath his covers and never come out again, he was met with none other than Josh. The new Slytherin smiled at him.

Why the hell was this guy even in Slytherin if he was so damn nice all the time? Then again, the same could be asked of Hyunjin.

Probably also a family tradition...

“Hi, Changbin!” Josh greeted him with a genuine smile.

Changbin was clearly not in the mood to talk to him, so he just held up a hand to stop the other from talking. “Don’t! You’ve already done enough...” he told him in a defeated tone of voice.

Josh seemed confused. “What’s wrong? What did I do?” he asked, sounding worried, concerned even. Changbin ignored him and went through with his plan of crawling into his bed.

Luckily, Josh decided not to bother him. He just wanted to forget about everything. Maybe if he tried hard enough, he would wake up and this would all turn out to just be a really bad dream.

But, of course, he wasn’t that lucky...