I am [in love]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Here's the second one! A Rensung because oh my I love them so much!

 

Sometimes Renjun wondered why the Room of Requirement wasn’t constantly occupied. Many people around the castle knew about it and with the number of couples, he had figured that he and Jisung would have to resort to a different, more public make-out spot.

He wasn’t complaining, though.

The Room of Requirement was the best place to go when you were in a secret relationship. Nobody could just barge in and catch them red-handed. The only thing they had to put up with was the questions about their whereabouts.

But right now, Renjun didn’t care about that. Not when he was straddling Jisung’s lap, hands tangled in the younger’s hair as their lips moved against each other in a playful battle for dominance. Occasionally, they pulled back, lightheaded and out of breath, but never long enough to actually catch it.

“I love you...” Renjun suddenly blurted out, the words were quietly mumbled against the younger’s lips, but Jisung still heard him. He pulled back, looking at Renjun with widened eyes.

The older quickly scrambled off his boyfriend’s lap, giving him a careful look. He hadn’t meant to say it, but the words had just spilled out of his mouth without warning.

“I’m sorry, I–” Renjun cut himself off, running a hand through his blonde hair.

Jisung rose from his seat, looking flushed – though Renjun didn’t know if it was because of his words or the fact that they had been making out for who-knew-how-long.

“I-I have to uh...” Jisung awkwardly pointed in the direction of the door before quickly taking off without any explanation. Renjun sat down again, resting his elbows on his knees and burying his face in his hands.

Had he just messed everything up with three little words?

Had it been too early?

They had been together for half a year already, without anyone catching on.

So maybe... Jisung just didn’t feel the same?

Renjun was frustrated to say the least. He couldn’t imagine any other reason for Jisung to just suddenly leave him behind like this. What if he was going to break up with Renjun the next time he saw him? He ran a hand through his hair, sighing heavily.

He got up again and paced around for a while before he decided to leave the Room of Requirement, determined to try to stop overthinking. He still had an assignment to finish and therefore decided to distract himself with that for the time being.

~

Jisung cursed himself for running away like this. He hadn’t expected Renjun to say those three words out of nowhere, but he could imagine that he was beating himself up over it right now.

He returned to the Room of Requirement only to find it empty.

He couldn’t believe he’d messed up again. His mind was spiraling.

He knew that he had strong feelings for Renjun, but was he in love with him?

Jisung didn’t even know what true love felt like... he had thought he was in love with Eunseo but looking back now he realized that that hadn’t been the case.

But everything was different with Renjun anyway.

Whatever he felt for him, it wasn’t like anything he had felt for any of his previous partners. He wished he could take back the past hour. Running away had been the single most stupid thing he could have done in this situation.

Especially, since he had no clue where Renjun was now.

It was the middle of the day, so he probably wouldn’t risk turning into his dog form. Therefore, the woods were out of the question. Jisung figured he could still try a few places.

He checked the Great Hall, the common room, even the Owlery and ultimately the lake, where he sat down to think about everything.

Maybe Renjun didn’t want to be found right now...or maybe this castle was just way too big for Jisung to find him.

~

Renjun could always study better with food in his system. Since dinner was still a few hours away, he decided to sneak into the kitchen and grab himself a snack.

To his surprise, he found Eric there, roaming through the pantry.

“Hey,” he greeted the younger with a half-assed wave.

Eric looked at him, a slice of toast hanging from his mouth, as he stopped looking for whatever he was looking for. He took a bite from the toast, carelessly throwing it on a plate that stood on the counter next to him.

“Hey, are you okay?” Eric questioned.

Renjun chuckled at his friend’s observant nature. “Sure... what about you? Also going for a study snack?” Renjun questioned but Eric shook his head.

“More like a one-sided-love-but-kinda-not-really-cheer-up-snack...” the younger explained. “But we’re not here to talk about me!”

“We’re not?” Renjun questioned as Eric carelessly slapped some toppings onto his toast and put another slice on top of it, successfully turning it into a sandwich before sitting down next to the Ravenclaw.

“No, tell me what’s on your mind. I can clearly see that you’re not like this because of school,” Eric pointed out, leaving no room for objections.

“Fine... so, I’m seeing this guy and today I told him that I loved him,” Renjun explained. Eric, who had just taken a bite of his sandwich choked on it at Renjun’s words, coughing wildly.

Renjun patted his back between his shoulder blades. “You good?” he asked.

Eric coughed a few more times before looking at the older. “Damn, I didn’t even know you had a boyfriend,” he croaked out.

Renjun was glad to see that the younger had recovered from his coughing fit so quickly. “That’s because we’re keeping it a secret,” he pointed out.

“Saucy,” Eric commented, earning himself a half-assed slap on the arm from Renjun.

“I won’t tell anyone, promise... but what’s so bad about telling him that you love him?” Eric questioned, sounding more serious than before. Renjun sighed, recalling the way Jisung’s eyes had widened in shock and the way he’d fled the room without even giving him an excuse.

“The fact that he ran away after I said it,” Renjun finally answered.

Eric made a face. “Oh... well, I guess it’s safe to say that I feel you. Just give him some time maybe. I mean, I don’t know who it is, but as long as he’s not an absolute asshat like Juyeon, you should be good with just giving him some space and letting it sink in for a bit.”

Renjun looked at Eric, thankful for his advice. He had been so busy coming up with bad scenarios as to why Jisung might have run off, that he didn’t even consider the fact that he may just need some time to let it sink in, as Eric had phrased it.

Maybe, things weren’t as bad as Renjun had made them out to be.

“Thank you, Eric. Are you alright, though? Do you want to talk about Juyeon?” he asked, slight concern laced in his voice. Eric tried not to let it show, but he seemed really bummed out this time. More so than usual.

Juyeon really needed to get his act together.

“It’s the same old story. He’s giving me mixed signals all the time. I don’t even know why I’m still playing this game with him...” the younger said, slumping his shoulders.

Renjun put a hand on his thigh in a comforting manner. “Then, maybe it’s time to stop...” he pointed out carefully. He knew how much Eric liked Juyeon, but this was beginning to get unhealthy for him. Renjun cared about Eric’s feelings and the last thing he wanted was for his friend to get hurt.

“Maybe... but anyway... I don’t want to load my problems on you right now!” Eric said, trying to sound more cheerful, but Renjun wasn’t buying it.

“It’s okay, Eric. You’ve helped me several times. If you need me to kick Juyeon’s , just say the word,” he assured his friend.

Eric gave him a small smile. “I will, thanks” he answered. Renjun put an arm around the younger’s shoulder’s pulling him into a side-hug. “Do you want half of my sandwich?” Eric offered, already trying to cut it in half with his wand.

Renjun laughed and gratefully took the untouched sandwich half from his friend.

~

After parting ways with Eric, Renjun decided to clear his head for a bit, making his way to the woods. He knew it was risky, but he was currently seeking for the type of refreshing walk he could only get as a dog.

A few steps into the Forbidden Forest, he turned into his other form and immediately felt more liberated...

~

Jisung sat down by the lake for several hours, after the unsuccessful search for his boyfriend. He sat there until the sun was starting to set, and it got too chilly for him. He made his way up to the castle to check if he could find Renjun at dinner.

In the entrance hall, he saw Eric talking to Juyeon. They seemed to be in some kind of discussion, so Jisung figured it was better not to interfere.

He made his way into the Great Hall and had just sat down when Eric caught up with him.

“Hey, can I sit with you?” he asked, causing Jisung to nod and point at the seat next to his. He let his eyes wander up and down the Ravenclaw table in search of Renjun, but he was nowhere to be found.

“What’s up?” Eric asked him.

Jisung sighed and waved off. “Nothing...” he replied.

Eric raised his eyebrow and gave him a look. “I’m not even going to pretend to believe you. What’s up, Jisung? I haven’t seen you look this helpless since your breakup with Eunseo,” he stated.

“Well... fine, I’m dating someone, and I may have messed up today. He told me he loved me, and I ran away because I’m an idiot and now I can’t find him...” Jisung explained, still looking for any sign of Renjun in the Great Hall.

Eric gasped dramatically. “Oh my god, you’re dating Renjun?” he whisper-yelled, luckily, the people around them were too busy chatting to have heard that.

Jisung spun around so fast, he was surprised he didn’t pull a muscle. He stared back at Eric in complete surprise.

“How the  did you know that? Damn, I guess those Divination classes really paid off, huh?”

Eric laughed. “I at Divination, actually. Renjun just told me the exact same thing earlier,” he explained to Jisung.

“You saw him?”

Eric nodded. “We had a talk in the kitchen earlier. He was pretty upset,” Eric informed him. “He thinks he messed up.”

“He didn’t... I was just so shocked to hear it...” Jisung answered, feeling like slapping himself again for making Renjun upset.

“Then how do you feel?”

How did he feel?

All he knew was that Renjun was practically the main thing on his mind today and any other day. He wanted to be around him every second of the day and every time he wasn’t near him, he missed him. He wanted to make sure the older was happy at any given time and he wanted to dissolve all the worries he might have.

Jisung got up from his seat. “I gotta go...” he said, already making his way out of the Great Hall.

He hadn’t checked Renjun’s favorite spot earlier because he thought it had been too risky for the older, but now it seemed like the only place that made sense. He had only been to the clearing in the Forbidden Forest a handful of times, but it had always been at night, so at least, the darkness didn’t bother him.

It didn’t take him long to get to the spot and he let out a relieved sigh when he found Renjun, curled into a ball, staring into nothing. Since he was in his wolf dog form, he had already heard Jisung before he’d even reached the clearing.

He wasn’t looking at him, though, so Jisung came closer.

“I was looking for you,” he told the older, sitting down in the grass next to him. Renjun looked at him, his gaze unreadable. He transformed back into his human form, still looking at the younger.

“Well, now you found me,” he replied.

Jisung faced him with his whole body. “I’m sorry about earlier... I didn’t know how to react because I’ve never... you know, had anybody tell me that they loved me...” he explained. “And I’ve also never been in love before,” he added.

Renjun lowered his gaze. “Oh.” was his soft response.

“No, wait, I’m not finished, yet,” Jisung said just as Renjun was about to turn away from him again. “I thought about everything, like... how I feel about you and stuff and I realized that I love you, too,” he told Renjun, who looked back at him again at his words, his eyes widening.

“Y-you do?” he questioned.

Jisung chuckled and leaned in for a kiss. He should have known way earlier, but the feelings he had for Renjun couldn’t be anything else but love.

Nobody had ever caused butterflies to race around in his stomach or electric wires to run through his veins only by giving him a simple look. Renjun made him feel all that cliché stuff from the romance novels he totally hadn’t stolen from his sister and secretly read when he was younger, and he couldn’t believe that he hadn’t realized it months ago.

“Say it again...” Renjun mumbled against his lips.

“I love you,” Jisung complied with a small grin on his face.

“I love you, too,” Renjun told him.

“I never should have made you doubt it...” Jisung said, feeling guilty.

The older took his hand. “It’s all good now, isn’t it?” he answered reassuringly.

“I’ll never run from you again, I promise.”

Renjun chuckled. “I can turn into a dog, which means, I’m faster than you. You can’t run from me,” he told Jisung teasingly, causing his boyfriend to laugh.

“That was supposed to be sweet, you ruined it!” he exclaimed.

Renjun giggled and kissed him again. “It was still sweet,” he assured the younger. “What do you say, should we head back?” he questioned. Jisung shook his head and lay down to rest his head in his boyfriend’s lap.

“Let’s stay for a bit longer...” he said, looking up at the stars. Renjun chuckled and leaned back onto his hands, also looking up.

“Hey,” Jisung spoke up again after a little while. Renjun looked down at him. “I love you,” the younger said. His boyfriend blushed and looked away again, mumbling something incoherent.

Jisung grinned, feeling particularly cocky today. “Sorry, I didn’t catch that, what did you say?” he teased.

Renjun fake-glared down at him. “I said, I love you, too, asshat,” he mumbled. Jisung couldn’t help but laugh. He enjoyed flustering Renjun more than anything in the world. Especially, since the older liked to do the same with him.

~

The next morning, the two of them headed down to breakfast together.

They were pretty tired after spending half the night in the woods, talking and just hanging out. Renjun had turned back into a dog after a while to keep Jisung warmer, until they had eventually decided to sneak back into the castle.

Now, they sat at the breakfast table, next to each other. Jisung tried not to stare at his gorgeous boyfriend, as he poured some pumpkin juice for both of them. Renjun met his gaze and smiled at him.

“What?” he asked. Jisung just shook his head and continued staring.

That was, until someone cleared their throat and made both of them look up. Eric stood across from them on the other side of the table, sitting down without a single care in the world.

“You know, guys, if you want this relationship to remain a secret, I’d turn it down a notch with the heart-eyes,” Eric teased them.

Renjun looked at Jisung questioningly.

“He figured us out yesterday,” the younger explained.

“It really wasn’t that hard to figure out, considering you both told me the same story from different perspectives,” Eric said, already munching on some bacon. “I’m surprised nobody’s found you two out yet. Now that I look at you, you’re practically glowing with love and affection for each other. I think I’m gonna be sick with that amount of sugar,” he continued to tease them. Jisung threw a piece of toast at him.

“You’re an idiot, you know that?” he pointed out.

Eric laughed and winked obnoxiously. “I know. But this idiot right here will keep your secret safer than the Queen’s jewels, I promise!” Eric said and despite the weird comparison, Jisung didn’t hesitate to believe him.