I am [a true Slytherin]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

I AM SO SORRY GUYS I FORGOT TO POST THIS OMG-

i kind of already posted it on ao3 and i completely forgot to upload it here...but! that only means you're getting two one shots today. I want to apologize to you guys for the long wait but I've been going through serious writers block. This one shot isn't very good as you'll see. The next one is one that I have already written ages ago so I hope it'll be better...sorry again guys I'm such a mess!

 

Hyunjin wouldn’t have expected to find the Potions classroom empty.

Had he been to the bathroom that long? He could have sworn it had just been five minutes.

Furrowing his brows in confusion he began to pack his bag before making his way upstairs. He heard a commotion in the entrance hall which confused him even more.

“It was Sunwoo! I keep telling you he’s crazy!” Hyunjin heard Lucas’ hysteric voice.

“And I keep telling you that that’s impossible! How the could Sunwoo have done this when he sat next to me in Potions the whole time?” Renjun replied with vigor in his voice.

Hyunjin reached the entrance hall. It was packed. His classmates from Potions were there along with what seemed like half of the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins.

“That is a very serious accusation, Mr Wong. Do you have any proof?” Professor Sprout asked Lucas who just frantically pointed at Sunwoo again.

“I saw him!”

When?” Renjun asked.

“Right after the fire started! He left our dorm looking suspicious!” Lucas said, sounding like a madman.

Renjun rolled his eyes before turning to the teacher. “Professor Sprout, I swear Sunwoo came to Potions with Jisung and me. He hasn’t left the classroom even for a second!”

Hyunjin spotted Seungmin and walked up to him. “What’s going on? I came back from the bathroom and everyone was gone...” he whispered.

“Someone set fire to Jeongin’s bed. He wasn’t there so he’s fine, but Lucas keeps insisting that he saw Sunwoo there which is bull,” Seungmin quickly filled him in.

A fire? Was that why everyone was gathered here?

Hyunjin’s eyes started to look for Jeongin. He seemed unharmed, eyeing Lucas warily, and was standing next to Sunwoo who was keeping his head down.

Lately, lots of weird things had been happening to Jeongin that had caused his friends to worry about him. His broomstick had gone crazy during practice last week, his homework started to randomly disappear, then there had been the weird choking scarf incident on Valentine’s Day and now a fire in his bed?

It was crystal clear to Hyunjin that Sunwoo would never harm Jeongin in any way. Besides, aside from the scarf incident he had never even been anywhere near Jeongin whenever those weird things had occurred. Lucas definitely didn’t know what he was talking about!

“Alright, we won’t get anywhere with pointless accusations! Since the fire is under control please return to your classes!”

“Seriously? What about him? He’s dangerous!” Lucas shouted.

Professor sprout glared at him. “Without solid proof I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do!” she snapped. “Now, if you’d please–”

An oncoming storm of students from every possible direction indicated that class was over. The students in the entrance hall began to disperse but Seungmin and Hyunjin remained close to Jeongin and Sunwoo who hadn’t moved from their spot yet.

“You okay?” Hyunjin asked the youngest.

Jeongin nodded. “I wasn’t close to the fire... but my favorite blanket got burnt,” he explained with a pout.

Sunwoo put an arm around his shoulders. “I’ll get you a new one,” he promised. “I feel like this is my fault...”

“It’s not! You weren’t even around when it happened!” Jeongin insisted. Sunwoo still looked guilty though.

“Even so, Lucas clearly wants it to be me,” he mumbled.

“Screw him, he clearly has some kind of vendetta against you, but not even Professor Sprout seemed to believe his bull,” Seungmin pointed out.

Sunwoo shrugged, seeming almost defeated. “We’ll see. I’ll probably end up in the headmaster’s office sooner or later anyway,” he mumbled.

“They can’t bust you for something you didn’t do,” Hyunjin pointed out. “Right now, nobody but Lucas is suspecting you anyway!”

“Exactly! Do you want me to talk to him? I have Quidditch practice now,” Jeongin offered.

Sunwoo smiled faintly but shook his head. “I don’t think that’s gonna do it.”

Jeongin waved off and pecked Sunwoo on the cheek. “It’s worth a try. I’ll see you guys later.”

He turned to leave but Sunwoo took his hand, holding him back. “Do me a favor and be careful at practice, okay?” he said.

“I will be,” Jeongin promised with a wide grin on his face, squeezing his boyfriend’s hand before taking off.

~

Jeongin’s grin turned into a frown as soon as he had turned his back to his friends and Sunwoo. He had a pretty clear suspicion of who was behind all of the weird things that kept happening to him lately and it sure as hell wasn’t Sunwoo. Today’s events had been the cherry on top.

Jeongin entered the changing rooms where Lucas was already in the process of changing. Two months ago, he probably would have been flustered at his shirtless form but now he didn’t know what he felt. He was only sure that it was anything but positive.

“Lucas!” Jeongin called out. The Hufflepuff captain turned around and promptly hid his right arm behind his back. Jeongin raised an eyebrow at the gesture; he had already noticed the decreased use of his right arm in the entrance hall.

“That’s a pretty bad burn you got there,” he pointed out, trying to keep his cool upon basically getting the confirmation for his suspicions.

“What are you saying?” Lucas asked, a weird glint in his eyes that would have scared Jeongin if he wasn’t extremely angry.

“I know Sunwoo didn’t set that fire. Why are you trying to incriminate him?” he asked, cutting straight to the point.

“You’re blinded by whatever curse he’s cast on you! I know what I saw!” Lucas clapped back.

“You’re lying, though!” Jeongin retorted in the same tone.

“And you’d better watch how you speak to me or you’re off the team!” the older growled.

Jeongin glared up at him but remained silent. He didn’t fancy losing his spot on the team, no matter how pissed he was at Lucas. He spun around on his heel and proceeded to change into his Quidditch uniform, determined to stay as far away from Lucas as possible.

~

Practice luckily went by without any weird happenings and Lucas immediately stormed off afterwards without even bothering to change first. Jeongin didn’t pay it much mind, glad that he didn’t have to be near him anymore.

He didn’t expect to run into Hyunjin and Seungmin outside of the changing rooms.

“Guys,” he said, rolling his eyes, “I don’t need bodyguards!” he told them.

Hyunjin waved off. “I’d rather be safe than sorry. We still don’t know who’s after you!” he reasoned. Jeongin thought about the burn on Lucas’ arm.

Seungmin gave him a look. “Are you alright?” he asked.

Jeongin sighed, cursing himself for being so easy to read. “Promise you won’t do anything rash, okay?” he said, mainly directed at Hyunjin as Seungmin was usually far more composed than he was.

“Jeongin, what is this about?” Seungmin asked.

The youngest heaved another sigh. “Okay, fine. I think I know who set that fire...” he told them. Their eyes widened simultaneously.

“Who?” Seungmin asked.

Jeongin hesitated. “Lucas. He’s got this nasty burn on his arm and he got really defensive when I asked him about it. And he’s the one who pointed the finger at Sunwoo... I– hey, where are you going?”

Hyunjin, who had gotten a determined glint in his eyes, his heel and started all but sprinting up the way to the castle.

“Oh boy this is not good. We saw Lucas heading up to the castle, he’s probably going to confront him,” Seungmin pointed out.

Jeongin sent a dreadful look in the direction Hyunjin had just run off to. “In that case we should probably follow him,” he said.

~

“What do you want from me?” Hyunjin halted when he heard Sunwoo’s voice from a few corridors down.

“I know that it was you who did all those things! You want me to take the fall now, don’t you?” a new voice asked. Hyunjin’s eyes narrowed upon recognizing Lucas.

“I didn’t do ! You’re the one with the vendetta against me in case you forgot!”

Hyunjin rounded a corner and was greeted by the sight of Lucas tightly gripping Sunwoo’s collar, looking about ready to punch him.

Just as Hyunjin was about to step in, though, Sunwoo pushed him off, clearly surprising the older with the amount of strength he portrayed. Unfortunately, that seemed to make Lucas even more furious. He charged Sunwoo but Hyunjin finally stepped in by standing between them.

“Stop it, Lucas! I know that you’re the one who set Jeongin’s bed on fire!” he snapped, throwing a glance at Lucas’ right arm. The sleeve of his robe had hiked up a little bit, exposing the burn Jeongin had mentioned earlier.

Sunwoo spotted it too, eyes widening.

“What? You?” he asked, his expression quickly morphing from surprise to anger.

“I bet you’re also responsible for his broomstick acting weird last week and I wouldn’t be surprised if you had something to do with his scarf suddenly trying to choke him!” Hyunjin continued. “What I don’t understand however is why.”

From the corner of his eye he saw Seungmin and Jeongin catching up.

“Because I needed to prove to Jeongin – and to everyone else – that he,” he pointed at Sunwoo, “is dangerous.”

“That’s ed up,” Jeongin spoke up, clearly shocked to hear about the lengths Lucas would go to only to prove a point.

He’s ed up! I can’t believe you’re all just casually ignoring the fact that he’s a violent psychopath! He pushed my friend down the stairs, for ’s sake!” Lucas yelled.

By now a few students had stopped to watch the commotion, entertained by the drama.

“I didn’t push anyone down the stairs! She tripped and I tried to catch her!” Sunwoo exclaimed.

Hyunjin remembered the incident clearly. Back then Sunwoo had been this close to being expelled, simply because some people had claimed to have seen him push that girl when he had simply reached out to grab her robes, missing her only by a hair.

“So, you’re doing all of this because of a grudge that’s entirely based on a misunderstanding?” Seungmin spoke up for the first time.

“Besides, she’s alright now! You’re making it sound like Sunwoo killed her.”

Lucas huffed. “So that makes up for it? He pushed her!”

“You’re not listening! Sunwoo did not push her!” Jeongin argued.

“We can argue as much as we like. This guy is never going to stop!” Hyunjin said, anger boiling hot inside of him. “We have to settle this once and for all.”

“Oh, and what do you suggest we do to settle this?” Lucas challenged, a devilish smirk on his face.

“A duel. One on one, you against me tomorrow at sundown,” Hyunjin suggested before he could stop himself.

“Hyunjin!” Seungmin exclaimed. “Dueling is forbidden and for good reason!” Lucas chuckled disdainfully. It only made Hyunjin more determined. “Sunwoo, say something!” Seungmin demanded.

Sunwoo looked at Hyunjin, then his gaze fell onto Jeongin who stood next to Seungmin. “No. He’s been torturing Jeongin for months. I’ll fight him myself if Hyunjin won’t!” Sunwoo said.

Hyunjin looked back at Lucas. “What do you say?”

“Fine. If you so desperately want to get your kicked.”

“Good. So, if I win, you’ll go to the headmaster and tell him what you did,” Hyunjin told him.

“And when I win... I get to tell him that it was Sunwoo who did it,” Lucas answered. Sunwoo gave Hyunjin a short nod to signal that he was okay with the stakes.

“Okay.”

Seungmin huffed and his heel, walking off. Hyunjin shot one last glare at Lucas before following his boyfriend. The younger was already halfway up the stairs by the time Hyunjin caught up with him, stopping him by reaching out for his sleeve.

“Seung–”

The younger spun around, his expression pissed. “Are you out of your mind?” he cut Hyunjin off vigorously. “You just put Sunwoo’s on the line because of your stupid alpha-male battle! I’m not endorsing this!” he complained, ready to storm off again but Hyunjin held him back again.

“You know I had to!” Hyunjin tried to reason.

“No, you didn’t! This fight isn’t about you! You acted impulsively again! You got cocky! But one thing you’re forgetting, my dear, is that you’re terrible at spells and I’m sure as hell not going to clean up the pile of ashes Lucas is going to leave when he’s done with you!” With that Seungmin yanked his sleeve from his grip and left.

Hyunjin’s shoulders slumped. He hated nothing more than fighting with Seungmin. But he couldn’t back out now. He didn’t want to back out now. This was his chance to finally teach Lucas a lesson.

If he won, that is...

~

“I mean he’s kind of right...” Renjun said at dinner that same night after Hyunjin had filled him on the entire situation. “You are known to be really bad at spells... and Lucas is top of his class...” he continued.

Jisung nodded in agreement. “I hate to say this... but you’re gonna die, brother.”

“Your support is overwhelming, thanks guys,” Hyunjin said sarcastically.

“But honestly though... what do I do? I have to fight Lucas, since I was the one who suggested it but if I do Seungmin’s going to hate me,” he agonized.

“Okay, first off, Seungmin is not going to hate you. And second, why did you even challenge Lucas? I mean I get that he’s a capital A , but I don’t get why you’re fighting Sunwoo’s battle...” Jisung said.

“I’m just sick of how Lucas keeps treating him. And now he even took to harming Jeongin because of how much he hates Sunwoo. They’re my friends. And to be honest, I may have been a little hasty about the whole duel thing... it just came out...” Hyunjin admitted.

“I think you should go talk to Seungmin and maybe ask him to help you prepare,” Renjun suggested but Hyunjin shook his head.

“He’s made it very clear that he does not what to take part in this,” he replied.

“He’s just being a hardass. I’m sure he doesn’t want you to get hurt, despite what he said. Just ask him. And if he doesn’t want to help you then I will,” Jisung assured him. Hyunjin smiled at him, grateful that he wasn’t completely on his own.

“Okay... I’ll go look for him.”

~

He found Seungmin in the library, unsurprisingly.

The younger seemed to be immersed in a book and wasn’t looking up even when Hyunjin sat down next to him sideways, his legs dangling from each side of the bench. Hyunjin pouted but Seungmin continued to give him the cold shoulder. He scooted closer to Seungmin, wrapping his arms around his middle.

“Darling...” Seungmin turned the page of his book, showing no sign of even acknowledging Hyunjin’s presence. “Help me please?” he asked, nuzzling his neck, leaving a light kiss on Seungmin’s neck. “Please? I’m going to lose without your help...”

A pause followed and Hyunjin thought that Seungmin was really going to keep ignoring him but then Seungmin shut his book with a little more fervor than necessary.

“For the record, I’m still pissed at you,” he said.

Hyunjin grinned, turning Seungmin’s face to give him a kiss. “How about now?” he asked.

Seungmin tried to remain cold but the corners of his lips turned upwards the slightest bit.

Hyunjin took his hand. “I’m sorry about my impulsiveness...” he said sincerely. “I just can’t stand Lucas and he really went too far this time. I admit that challenging him to a duel was a stupid idea but now I need your help to kick his ...”

Seungmin sighed. “You’re lucky that I love you and I actually don’t want you to get pulverized... but this isn’t going to be easy. We have less than 24 hours and offensive spells aren’t really part of the curriculum...” he said.

“Thank you, my love!”

“Thank me when you survive this,” Seungmin said, rising from his seat and motioning for Hyunjin to follow him. They headed to the Room of Requirement where Seungmin tried to help Hyunjin as best as he could. His knowledge on fighting spells was pretty limited but he hoped that it would be enough to get Hyunjin through this stupid battle unharmed.

24 hours really wasn’t a lot of time...

~

“Okay, gentlemen. I want a fair fight; three rounds, wands only, no unforgivable curses,” Jisung announced, standing in the middle of the courtyard where the battle would take place.

Hyunjin and Lucas were facing each other, wands already in their hands.

“I expect both of you to be alive after this, don’t make me regret agreeing to this!” Jisung added.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s just get this over with,” Lucas said, an almost murderous glint in his eyes.

Hyunjin took a deep breath. He regretted challenging Lucas already but there was no way he would show fear right now. He had to win this, for Sunwoo, for Jeongin... for Seungmin. Jisung shot him a short glance, silently asking him if he was okay. Hyunjin nodded silently and braced himself.

“Okay then... get ready...” Jisung said.

Hyunjin and Lucas approached each other. They came to a halt when they were only about half a meter apart, raising their wands before turning and walking back, around five meters, facing each other again.

“One...” Jisung said, looking between the two of them somewhat nervously.

“Two.” Hyunjin raised his wand, getting into position. He tried to remember the spells Seungmin had taught him yesterday, trying to think of the most effective one.

“Three!”

It was over before it even began.

Hyunjin had barely managed to get out an “L–” when Lucas flicked his wand in a swift motion, firing a silent curse at him. Hyunjin was knocked onto his back with so much force that he passed out.

When he came to, he realized that he was at the hospital wing. Seungmin sat at his bedside, looking both worried and majorly pissed off. When he noticed that Hyunjin was awake, relief washed over his features, almost getting rid of the anger.

“I hate you for doing this, just so you know.”

“Jisung said you wouldn’t hate me,” Hyunjin told him with a weak grin, placing his hand on top of Seungmin’s who frowned in concern.

“Well, he was wrong... please promise me you won’t ever do this again. Lucas used some pretty advanced magic. You could have gotten injured way more badly,” Seungmin pleaded.

“I’m sorry, baby... I promise I won’t do it again.”

Seungmin laced their fingers together before bringing Hyunjin’s hand up to his lips, pressing a little kiss there. “You’d better not.”

Hyunjin smiled at him, glad that he wasn’t seriously mad at him. He was aware that he had acted impulsively and stupid. He should have known better. “So did Lucas really go to the headmaster?” Hyunjin inquired.

“He sure did...” Seungmin said bitterly. “Sunwoo’s there right now...”

“. I can’t believe Lucas is really still trying to blame him when it’s so obvious that Sunwoo isn’t trying to hurt anyone,” Hyunjin mumbled.

“You know, despite this whole battle thing being stupid, I do love you for standing up for Sunwoo. You’re a really good friend to him,” Seungmin said, smiling at him.

“I just wonder why he’s so unlucky. He’s a really nice guy and he doesn’t deserve all the that’s been happening to him...”

“I wouldn’t exactly call him unlucky. He’s dating Jeongin, after all,” Seungmin grinned. Hyunjin chuckled, nodding in agreement.

As if on cue, Sunwoo and Jeongin stepped through the doors of the hospital wing, holding hands. Hyunjin sat up, ignoring how sore his back felt at the movement.

“Oh good, you’re up!” Jeongin exclaimed, rushing over to Hyunjin’s bed to give him a hug. “How are you feeling?”

“Like a huge idiot,” Hyunjin answered, “but other than that I’m fine.”

“I’m sorry, Hyunjin. I should have stopped you from doing this. It wasn’t your fight to begin with,” Sunwoo apologized.

Hyunjin smiled reassuringly. “Your fight is my fight, Sunwoo. Lucas is an and I wish I could have kicked his for you.” Sunwoo returned his smile, clearly grateful.

“How did things go at the headmaster’s?” Seungmin asked the Slytherin.

Unexpectedly, Sunwoo grinned at the question. “Well, when I got there Lucas was still there, all smug and . But the headmaster said that other people also saw the burn on his arm and that several people have vouched for me, so he can’t and won’t punish me for something I so clearly didn’t do,” he explained.

“And Lucas?”

“Got suspended for 3 weeks,” Jeongin said. “And he’s losing his spot as Quidditch captain.”

“Oh, but you two are probably going to get in trouble for dueling too...” Sunwoo said apologetically.

“That’s okay. I’m just glad everything worked out for you guys,” Hyunjin assured them. He hoped that Lucas had learned his lesson now and would stop harassing Sunwoo and harming Jeongin.

Eventually, Madame Pomfrey showed up and kicked them out, claiming that Hyunjin needed some rest before he could leave tonight in time for dinner.

“I’ll see you tonight,” Seungmin said and pressed a kiss to Hyunjin’s cheek before taking off.

~

“Sunwoo, please stop looking so guilty. You did absolutely nothing wrong,” Jeongin assured his boyfriend for the nth time that evening.

“Still, I do feel a responsible. I mean not just that Hyunjin got into a fight because of me, got hurt because of me... but also because Lucas did all those things to you because he just hates me,” Sunwoo tried to explain himself.

“But we’re both fine! That’s what matters. And Lucas got punished.”

“What if he tries something again? And then there’s the whole school thinking that I cursed you...”

“Then we’ll do something about it. Don’t worry about me too much, okay? I’m with you because I like you. You and I both know you didn’t curse me, and our friends do too. I don’t care about anybody else,” Jeongin said reassuringly, cupping Sunwoo’s cheeks and pecking him on the lips, effectively causing a little smile to take over his features.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right... but I do think I should keep out an eye for Lucas in the future, just in case.”

“If that makes you feel better then okay. But please don’t obsess over it. I can handle Lucas. Focus on me instead,” he said, grinning.

Sunwoo chuckled. “I think I can do that.”