I am [your future]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

Okay, I know I'm like a week early, but I just couldn't wait any longer...I'm too impatient for a bi-weekly schedule, but I'm probably gonna have to go back to that once I run out of pre-written one shots, lol

Anyway, today's about our graduates! I promise we'll get right back to the drama next week, but I figured today should be softer. This one's about Jinwoo and Mina and I got really soft while writing it...

So, enough of my rambling and here we go (for some reason I'm really nervous about this oh my god)...I hope you guys will like it!

 

Park Jinwoo had had a plan after graduating from Hogwarts.

He wanted to study abroad in Romania for one year and learn all about dragons before coming back to London, moving into a small apartment of his own and starting a career in the Mistry of Magic's Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, specifically the Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau.

He had always pictured himself as more of an outdoors person and he had originally wanted to apply that to his work.

Reality had something else planned for him, though.

He had cancelled his plans for his year abroad in favor of applying for a job at the Ministry right away. Instead of working in the Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau, he was now an intern in the Department of Magical Transportation, Portkey Office.

And he hadn't moved out of his parents' home, yet.

But he didn't really mind all that because, despite his plan not working out, he got something much better in return.

Quite frankly, Mina getting pregnant a few months before their graduation had been anything but planned and it had gotten them into a lot of trouble but now, with her due in three weeks, Jinwoo couldn't help but feel excited.

He was going to be a father!

It was still hard to believe sometimes, but he wouldn't change a thing about his current situation if he could.

Well, maybe one little thing...

~

He had run the idea by Chan months ago when he had helped him and Minho move into their place. He had pulled out the little box he had been carrying around since shortly after they had left Hogwarts and presented it to the younger.

"I'm thinking about proposing to Mina," he blurted, causing Chan to drop the moving box he was carrying in surprise.

He spun around and stared back at his friend. "Really?" he questioned excitedly, before moving closer and examining the ring.

It was a silver one with a small diamond on top. It had cost a fortune, but it was worth it.

For Mina, it was always worth it.

"I mean, not right now... maybe in a few months when we got a little more used to our current living situation. She's still sad about her parents being s to her. Even though my parents absolutely adore her, she needs to get a little settled first," Jinwoo explained.

Chan was still closely inspecting the ring, eyes sparkling. Jinwoo chuckled and shut the box again, causing the younger to snap out of his trance.

"Are you going to do it after the baby comes?" he finally questioned.

"I don't know... I don't want her to think that I only want to marry her because of the baby... because that's not the case at all," Jinwoo replied. He had been thinking about the right time ever since he'd bought the ring.

"She knows that! You already seemed like a married couple before she got pregnant, to be honest," Chan joked.

"So, you think she's going to say yes?"

"Are you kidding me? Of course, she's going to say yes!" Chan exclaimed.

That made Jinwoo feel a lot better. Chan and Mina were pretty close friends, and he knew her quite well, so if he said that she would say yes, Jinwoo believed him.

Now, all that was left was to find the right time to ask.

"Can I see the ring again?" Chan asked giddily.

Jinwoo chuckled fondly at his friend and opened the box again. The younger almost squealed.

"I'm gone for five minutes and Jinwoo's proposing to you? I'm hurt, Channie, I thought I meant something to you," Minho's amused voice suddenly sounded from the doorway. The two of them looked in his direction, to find him standing there with a box in his arms and a cat-like grin on his face.

"Sorry, Minho. I saw my chance and I took it," Jinwoo played along.

"Are you two going to fight over me now?" Chan asked with a small chuckle, picking the box back up.

"Well, if that's what it takes!" Minho exclaimed dramatically. He came closer, looking at the ring, which was still open on display. "If she says yes, I want to be a bridesmaid," he said. Jinwoo laughed at his friend's silliness, not sure if he was kidding or not.

sKnowing Minho, he probably wasn't.

"You're going to have to take that up with Mina, I'm afraid."

"When are you going to propose?" Minho asked.

"When the time is right..." Jinwoo replied, even though he still didn't have any idea when that would be.

~

Jinwoo had spent months, thinking about when to pop the question until he had reached a point where he didn't want to wait any longer.

They had been living with his parents for about four months now and Mina seemed to have gotten used to that just fine. So, he figured it was time.

Minho and Chan were on his about it as well. Minho, because he was apparently a really big er for weddings and couldn't wait to discuss details with Mina (and to be a bridesmaid – turns out he had been serious); and Chan because he was just really excited for the two of them and couldn't wait to see two of his best friends getting married.

So, today, October 2nd would be the day!

He had filled his parents in a while ago and was happy to tell them that he was going to do it today. They would take Mina out while he would prepare everything. He was nervous, because despite Chan and Minho's assurance, there was still a small chance that she might say no.

However, Jinwoo liked to think positive.

~

"Jinwoo? I'm home... your parents said they'd go out to eat so we're on our own," Jinwoo heard Mina's voice from the front door. He took a deep breath and checked if everything was ready.

A few seconds later, Mina stepped into the living room, surprised at the sight of the candles.

"What's all this?" she questioned.

Jinwoo smiled and motioned for her to sit down. "I thought we could have a nice evening, just the two of us," he told her.

She smiled and sat down. "If you'd told me we were going to have a date night, I would have dressed nicer," she said with a laugh, pointing at her joggers.

Jinwoo waved off sitting down next to her on the couch. "You look pretty as always," he told his girlfriend.

Mina smiled at him.

"So, do you want to watch a movie or something?" she asked but Jinwoo shook his head.

"I actually wanted to ask you something..." he started, turning to face her with his torso.

"Sure, what is it?" Mina asked.

Jinwoo took a deep breath. "So... I had this really cheesy speech prepared, actually... but now that I'm here, I kind of forgot all of it, so I'm gonna just wing this..." he admitted.

"When we got together, I didn't think things would move this fast between us. That's not a bad thing, though. I wouldn't change anything if I had the chance to – except maybe almost getting expelled and all the prefects hating us..." he trailed off.

She chuckled, though still looking curious as to where he was going with this.

"I just figured that right now our lives aren't how we pictured them to be. I mean, you wanted to go into wizard politics, and I wanted to work abroad with dragons. But despite that, I feel lucky to be where I am right now with you. I couldn't picture my life without you, and I can't wait to finally meet our child. The thing is... I want to spend the rest of my life with you – not because you're pregnant, but because I love you so much and I feel like we belong together..."

He reached into his pocket and slid off the couch to get on one knee in front of Mina, who gasped in surprise. "So, what I'm asking you is–"

Mina cut him off with another gasp, this one sounding more pained, though. Jinwoo's eyes widened.

"You okay?" he questioned, sounding alarmed.

"Yeah, yeah... this has been happening all day..." she told him.

"Regularly?" he asked frantically.

She nodded. "Yes, the time in between has been getting shorter, too. Now it's about every five minutes. But I'm not due yet..."

"Still, we should go to the hospital just to make sure!"

Mina made a pained face, furrowing her brows and leaning back into the couch cushions.

"Okay, that was definitely less than five minutes!" Jinwoo told her. "We're going to the hospital!"

"How? Your parents have the car," she replied, through gritted teeth.

Jinwoo racked his brain before an idea sprung into his head and he got his newly acquired cellphone out of his pocket.

"I'm calling Chan and Minho," he announced, already pressing the call button for Chan's contact. It took about three rings for the younger to pick up.

"Jinwoo?"

"Channie, are you free?" Jinwoo questioned, trying his hardest not to panic.

"Sure, what's up?" the younger asked, sounding a little confused.

"I think Mina might be going into labor," Jinwoo said.

"WHAT? Oh my god! We'll be right there!" Chan exclaimed.

"My parents have the car. Can you maybe give us a ride?" Jinwoo questioned, looking at Mina again. She tried to keep a calm face, but he could see that she was in a lot of pain.

"Of course. We'll be there in 10!" Chan told him.

They hung up, Jinwoo silently thanking whatever higher power for Chan getting a driving license with him after graduation. He did not want to take the subway to the hospital right now.

"Jinwoo..." Mina spoke up, immediately getting his full attention.

"Yes, princess?"

"You know how we discussed that I'm going into the delivery room myself?" she questioned.

Jinwoo nodded. He remembered them having a long talk about the pros and cons of him being there with her, before ultimately deciding that it was best for both of them if Jinwoo waited outside. He'd read about fathers unintentionally stressing out the mothers during labor or getting PTSD after witnessing childbirth and as much as he wanted to be there for Mina and hold her hand, he knew she would be more relaxed without him.

"Are you still okay with that?" she asked.

Jinwoo took her hand, which she squeezed, as another contraction kicked in.

"All I want is for you to be as comfortable as possible and I'll be right outside the entire time," the he assured her.

She smiled faintly.

"Chan and Minho should be here any minute. Should I get you anything?" Jinwoo asked her, but Mina only shook her head, still clutching his hand in hers.

Jinwoo just hoped that his friends would be here soon.

~

"Have you tried calling your parents?" Minho asked a pacing Jinwoo about half an hour later.

He nodded. "Their phones are off... I left each of them a message..." he replied.

They had just gotten the news that this baby would most likely come within the next few hours and Jinwoo was trying his hardest not to panic. On one hand, he wanted to be with Mina right now, but on the other hand, he figured that he would only freak her out.

"What if she needs me in there?" he asked.

Chan stood in his way to stop him from pacing around. "She'll be fine! You two have agreed on doing things like this and I'm sure she'll ask for you if she changes her mind," he assured the older, gently pushing him down into one of the seats.

"How are you so calm right now, you've been almost as excited about this baby as me," Jinwoo asked, causing both Chan and Minho to chuckle.

"Oh, believe me, he's excited. He kept gushing all the way to your place earlier, but he wants to keep it together for you," Minho filled him in.

Chan gave him a fake glare. "Thanks for exposing me," he said with a pout, but Minho only stuck out his tongue at him, before laying down on the row of chairs.

"Would you mind if I napped a little? I've been up at the ministry all night and I barely got any sleep throughout the day..." he mumbled.

"Go ahead, I got our father-to-be covered," Chan assured him with a small smile, as his sleepy boyfriend tried to get comfortable.

"Stay here, I'll get you some tea to calm down," he addressed Jinwoo who only nodded, nervously fiddling with his thumbs.

A million thoughts ran through his head.

He was going to be a father!

Sure, he had known about this for months, but it was just properly sinking in now.

He would meet his child very soon.

Chan came back with two cups of tea and sat down next to his best friend, handing him one. "She's going to be alright," he assured his best friend.

"I decided to propose to her today..." Jinwoo told him.

Chan's eyes widened. "Really? Oh my god!" he exclaimed. "Did she say yes?" he questioned.

The older actually chuckled quietly.

"We got a little distracted by her going into labor, so I didn't actually get to ask her yet. I hope she'll say yes, though," Jinwoo explained.

Chan patted his friends' shoulder. "She's literally having your baby right now! And she loves you. I don't see why she wouldn't say yes," he assured him.

"I really hope you're right..."

Hours passed, but Jinwoo only grew more nervous with every passing minute.

"Have your parents called you back yet?" Chan questioned.

The older pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked it. No missed calls.

"No, not yet... but, Channie, it's past midnight," he stated, looking back at him.

Chan furrowed his brows. "So?" he questioned.

Jinwoo laughed and shook his head at his clueless friend.

"It's your birthday, silly," he pointed out.

Chan's eyes widened in realization. "You're right!" he exclaimed before gasping in realization. "And the baby might come today!"

Jinwoo grinned widely at the thought. It would be really meaningful if his child shared a birthday with his best friend.

Minho stirred awake. "What did I hear about the baby?" he questioned sleepily.

"We might share a birthday," Chan explained, a giddy smile on his face. Jinwoo chuckled. "I think I'm going to cry," the younger mumbled dramatically.

"Save the tears for later, Channie," Minho told him, sitting up and leaning into his boyfriend's side. "Happy birthday, though," he muttered, still sounding sleepy.

Chan smiled at him. "Thanks, babe," he answered.

"Jinwoo!"

Jinwoo looked up when he heard his mother's voice. She seemed to be trying her hardest not to run when she approached him, quickly followed by his father.

"We're so sorry, we didn't get your message until now!" she apologized, pulling her son into a hug.

"How is she? Any news?" his father questioned.

"Nothing, yet," Jinwoo answered, throwing a glance in the direction of the delivery room.

"Why'd you take her to a muggle hospital? Don't you think St. Mungo's would have been better?" Mrs Park questioned, looking around.

"Mina preferred a muggle hospital," Jinwoo explained. "We discussed it a while back and–"

Suddenly, the doors to the delivery room opened and the doctor stepped out, a small smile on his face, as he approached Jinwoo.

"Mr Park?" he asked. Jinwoo was immediately alert, staring at the doctor hopefully. "Congratulations, it's a healthy little girl," the doctor announced.

His parents, Chan and Minho broke out in cheers, the latter two jumping from their seats to hug each other.

Meanwhile, Jinwoo was left speechless.

He was a father. He had a real daughter and she was right through that door! He felt congratulatory hands pat his back and his mother giving him an excited hug.

"C-can I see her?" Jinwoo asked, still unable to wrap his head around everything.

He felt overwhelmed he wanted to cheer and cry, but first and foremost he wanted to see his girls.

"Of course, she was just cleaned and measured and has now returned to her mother. Please follow me," the doctor told him. Jinwoo shot a quick look at the others, before nervously following the doctor through the door.

There Mina was, looking exhausted, but in the most beautiful way possible, crying and smiling at the same time.

And in her arms, she held the most precious little human that Jinwoo had ever laid his eyes on.

He carefully approached them, meeting his girlfriend's overjoyed eyes. He looked down at his daughter again. She had a thin layer of black hair on her head and even though, her eyes were closed, Jinwoo knew they were beautiful.

"She's amazing..." he whispered, still in awe at the sight of his child.

"She really is..." Mina agreed.

Jinwoo smiled at her and leaned down to kiss his girlfriend's forehead. "Are you feeling okay?" he questioned.

Mina nodded, looking up at him. "I'm absolutely exhausted and I have no idea how I haven't passed out yet... but I'm fine," she told him. Jinwoo chuckled fondly. "Do you want to hold her?" Mina asked him.

Jinwoo's chest felt warm and his stomach was bubbling with excitement and nervousness alike.

"Sure," he answered. The fear of doing something wrong washed over him briefly. He had been to all the childbirth classes with Mina over the past few months, so he wasn't entirely clueless, but he was still a little unsure.

He sat down on the edge of Mina's bed, while she carefully put the baby into his arms. "Make sure you support her head," she instructed quietly.

Jinwoo did as he was told, gently rocking the little angel in his arms. He still couldn't believe it. He felt his eyes starting to water with the happy tears that finally wanted to come out.

She was so tiny, Jinwoo realized. He found himself fascinated by her small hands and that little face, her tiny nose – everything about her was just so small and fragile.

He had often heard parents say that had fallen in love the moment they had first laid eyes on their child, but it was nothing compared to the actual experience. Jinwoo felt a strong urge to protect his little girl from all harm and evil in the world.

~

Jinwoo didn't know how much time passed, but eventually Mina was transferred from the delivery room to the postnatal ward. He was so caught up in his little family bubble that he almost forgot about the rest of his family waiting outside. His parents quickly came in to check on them and to meet their granddaughter, before deciding to let the new mother rest and head home.

"Did Chan and Minho go home?" Mina questioned.

Jinwoo shook his head. "I don't think so, I can send them home, though, if you really want to rest," he offered.

Mina smiled. "It's okay. I think we should tell Chan about what we've talked about," she answered.

"Do you want me to go get them?" Jinwoo asked.

Mina nodded before focusing her attention back on the little girl who was back in her arms. Jinwoo stepped outside where Minho was half asleep on Chan's shoulder again. The older of the two looked rather sleepy himself and Jinwoo felt bad for having them stay here in such an uncomfortable setting.

Chan perked up when he saw Jinwoo, though.

"You can briefly come in if you like. There's something we need to tell you, Chan," Jinwoo told his best friend with a small smile.

Chan looked confused but proceeded to gently shake his boyfriend awake before they both got up from their respective seats. Jinwoo led them inside, feeling a sense of pride to be able to show them his little family.

Chan held back an excited noise at the sight of the baby and carefully approached Mina's bedside.

"Oh my god, she's precious," he whispered. Minho watched from a safer distance, albeit with a fond smile on his face, at the sight of his excited boyfriend. "Did you decide on a name yet?" Chan asked Mina, who looked up to quickly exchange a look with Jinwoo.

"We actually thought about a name a while ago," Mina started.

Chan looked from Mina to Jinwoo and back. "Well? What is it?" he questioned, barely able to contain his excitement. The young mother looked at Jinwoo, as a sign to tell him. He looked at his best friend, the smile on his face widening.

"Her name is Park Chanhee... after you, because you're my best friend and because you were there for Mina when that whole drama at school happened and– hey, are you crying?" Jinwoo cut himself off.

Chan's eyes had gradually grown wider and only now did he realize that they had started to fill with tears.

The younger sniffled. "No!" he argued, followed by another sniffle. Minho laughed quietly and walked over to pull his boyfriend into a hug. "I-it's just that... you named your kid after me and that's like the sweetest thing ever and I love you guys so much," Chan cried, half leaning into Minho.

Mina chuckled. "Is now a bad time to ask if you want to be her godfather?" she questioned, causing Chan to cry even more. Minho ran his hand through his boyfriend's blonde locks.

"I think you two broke him," he stated in amusement.

"I'm fine!" Chan said with a sniffle, standing up straight again and wiping his eyes. "I'd be honored," he answered Mina's previous question.

Jinwoo chuckled at the state his best friend was in right now.

"I owe you 50 bucks, by the way," he suddenly remembered, causing Chan to give him a quizzical look.

"Remember that bet we made on the Hogwarts express last summer? You were right about Chanhee being a girl," he explained.

Realization flashed over Chan's face before his face broke out into a smile. "It's okay, I don't need 50 bucks when I got the sweetest goddaughter in the world," he told the older.

"She really is adorable," Minho commented, looking at the baby with fondness in his eyes. "But, despite that, I think it's time to let you three rest now. We should get home," he said.

Chan nodded in agreement. "That's right. And I believe Jinwoo still has to ask Mina something," he added with a small wink.

Jinwoo thought about the ring that was currently resting in his pocket and the nervousness from before came back again.

"We'll see you later. Tell us if you need anything," Minho said, taking Chan's hand and leading him out of the room and leaving the fresh parents alone with their child.

Mina looked at Jinwoo knowingly, a small smile playing on her lips. "So, what exactly did you still have to ask me?"

Jinwoo sat down on the edge of her bed again, gently reaching out to caress his daughter's cheek with one finger, before looking at Mina again. "Well, earlier, I was in the middle of asking you..." he trailed off, fishing the box out of his pocket and opening it, presenting the diamond ring to her.

"Will you marry me?"

Mina's smile widened significantly, and she sat up properly to kiss Jinwoo. "Of course, I'll marry you," she told him.

Jinwoo grinned. He didn't think this day could get any better! Mina let Jinwoo slip the ring onto her finger, before pulling him into another kiss; careful as to not squish their newborn daughter between them.

"I love you," Mina said.

"I love you, too," Jinwoo answered, reaching out to put a strand of Mina's hair behind her ear. Next, he leaned down and pressed a feather-light kiss onto his daughter's little forehead.

"And I love you, Park Chanhee..."