I am [done]

I AM [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU one shot series SEASON 2]

I KNOW IT'S BEEN YEARS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE I'M SO SORRY!
On top of that, this is just a filler but yay it's minchan!!!
We're currently working on a longer one shot for this series which is why there has been such a big break between updates. Hopefully that one will be done soon and then we'll HOPEFULLY get back into the groove of things
For now though, I hope you enjoy this filler!

 

“Alright team, good work!”

Chan let out an exhausted sigh as he made his way into the changing room with his fellow trainees. Today’s practice had been running late and it had been draining as hell, which he usually didn’t mind.

Becoming a professional Quidditch player had always been a big dream of his, but lately he hadn’t really been looking forward to coming to practice anymore. He wasn’t really sure why, but he had somehow imagined it to feel more like a dream come true, despite not being in the team’s starting lineup yet.

“Today was rough!” his teammate, Bambam, said as he changed out of his Quidditch uniform.

Chan hummed in agreement. “I honestly can’t wait to get home and take a relaxing bath,” he muttered. More importantly, he couldn’t wait to get home to Minho.

He hadn’t seen the younger since last night, since he had had some kind of training session at the Ministry.

Bambam chuckled like he’d read his thoughts. “I’m sure your man’s down for that.” Chan smiled. Minho was most definitely down for that. “You okay, though, bro?” Bambam questioned, catching Chan’s exhausted expression.

The younger only nodded. “Just tired, is all. I’m heading out,” he announced, deciding to change at home. He waved at the rest of his team and made his way out of the training building.

Chan was glad that he’d gotten a license pretty much as soon as he’d graduated from Hogwarts. He didn’t think he’d survive taking public transportation home after long training sessions. Minho was always a bit worried about him driving when he was tired, but Chan always assured him that he would be fine. He was a responsible driver and if he was too tired, he could still take the subway.

Chan drove home quickly, eager to see his boyfriend after the day he had had.

He was immediately greeted by their cat when he stepped through the front door. He smiled and crouched down to pet her as she circled around his legs, purring in delight.

“Hi, Lizzie, I missed you, too,” he told her with a small chuckle.

Minho poked his head out of the bedroom, his face lighting up when he saw Chan. “Welcome home, Channie,” he said, walking over and properly greeting him with a kiss.

“Sorry I’m late. I’ll get started on dinner in a minute,” Chan told him, feeling apologetic about being home past 9. His boyfriend had probably had an equally as stressful day and was most likely hungry. He knew how much Minho hated to eat alone, so he usually waited for Chan and vice versa.

“Don’t be silly, you just got home! Get some rest and I’ll make dinner,” Minho said, already gently pushing him into the living room and towards the couch where Chan immediately slumped down.

“When did you get home?” he questioned sleepily.

“About an hour ago,” Minho replied as he shuffled towards the kitchen.

“Then should I really be the one to rest on the couch?” Chan questioned, raising his voice a little for Minho to be able to hear him in the next room.

“I’m fine. I took a nap at the office,” Minho replied.

Chan knew that Minho loved being an auror but sometimes he was a little bit worried about how intense his training was. Then again, he shouldn’t be the one complaining when his own training was so draining.

He had almost dozed off on the couch when Minho returned with a small tray that held two bowls of soup and some bread which he set down on the coffee table.

“Don’t fall asleep just yet, babe. You probably haven’t eaten all day!” Minho half-scolded him, though with a fond expression on his face at the sight of his sleepy boyfriend.

“Not true, I had a sandwich for lunch,” Chan argued, sliding off the couch to sit on the floor since the coffee table was a little bit too low for comfort. Minho went to get them some water before claiming his seat next to Chan.

Chan winced a little when he reached for his soup bowl, a dull pain erupting in his shoulder from when he’d bumped into another player.

“Rough day at training?” Minho asked.

“Kind of... the weather wasn’t the best either,” Chan said honestly.

Minho looked at him worriedly, his eyes wandering to his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Are you okay, though? Is it bad?”

The older waved off. “It’s probably just gonna bruise a little, nothing serious,” he assured Minho.

They started eating, Minho still throwing occasional worried glances at Chan.

“Tell me about your day,” Chan finally spoke up, hoping to divert his boyfriend’s attention from his bruised shoulder for a while.

“Oh, it was nothing special. Some people called in some suspicious activities in nocturn alley, so they sent me and Eunseo to look into it,” Minho told him.

“And did you catch some bad guys?” Chan questioned, making his boyfriend chuckle.

“No. There were just some shady people holding some kind of meeting in a store. They claimed it was a Dark Arts convention, but the department is going to continue looking into it. They don’t really tell the rookies all the juicy details, but I really hope it’s nothing too serious,” Minho said. “Also, they said something about a work trip to the States towards the end of the year. I don't know any of the details yet, but they said it’s gonna be big.”

Chan smiled tiredly. “That sounds really interesting though,” he answered. He yawned, though he tried to suppress it, not wanting to seem like he wasn’t interested in hearing about Minho’s day.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Maybe you should go to sleep,” Minho suggested, casting a worried glance at his boyfriend again.

Chan rested his head on the younger’s shoulder, sighing. “No, it’s okay... it’s just...” he trailed off. “It’s not that great, actually,” he finally admitted. Minho made a questioning noise.

“What’s not that great? Quidditch?” he asked.

Chan sat up straight again and nodded his head. He hadn’t told anyone about this so far, thinking that maybe the feeling would pass, but now that he had brought it up to Minho, he was pretty sure about it.

“Why? What’s wrong?” the younger questioned, facing Chan with his whole body.

“I don’t know, I’m just not really happy with the choice I’ve made,” Chan said, shrugging.

Minho tilted his head. “Like with the team or in general?”

“In general. The team’s great, but I thought I could turn my hobby into my job, and it turns out that I actually don’t like it very much. It’s not fun anymore,” he explained himself.

Minho put a comforting hand on his thigh. “You don’t have to do this, Channie. Why don’t you try finding something else that actually makes you happy?”

Chan lowered his head. “I just didn’t want to disappoint you,” he mumbled, but Minho still understood him.

“Disappoint me? Why would you think I’d be disappointed?” he questioned, confused by his boyfriend’s explanation.

“I mean, I guess I just wanted to pull through with this to make you proud. I wanted to be your famous Quidditch player boyfriend,” he explained.

Minho didn’t know what to say for a while. Chan looked so genuinely upset at the thought of giving up what he’d thought was his dream. And all because he’d been scared to disappoint Minho? He opted for pulling Chan into a comforting hug, instantly feeling the older’s arms wrapping around his middle.

“Channie, I don’t need a famous Quidditch player boyfriend. You were determined enough to give this thing a try and you made it into a great team. There’s nothing wrong with wanting something else. I need you to be happy and to enjoy what you’re doing. Besides, I’m always proud of you. If you don’t want to play professional Quidditch then stop and find something you want to do before you wake up one day regretting your life choices,” Minho told him.

They pulled out of their hug and Minho was relieved to see that Chan was smiling a little. “Do you have anything in mind that you’d rather like to do?” Minho asked.

“Well...” Chan started sheepishly. “I think I would enjoy teaching. But if I go to Hogwarts, we wouldn’t be able to see each other most of the year...” he said. Minho hummed in thought. That really would be a problem.

“I’ve considered teaching at a muggle school, but I’d have to go to university for that and I can’t really apply with my Hogwarts grades,” Chan added.

“We’ll figure something out, I’m sure. If my baby wants to be a teacher, we’ll make him a teacher,” Minho declared, making Chan laugh and hug him again.

“I don’t deserve you,” he said.

“I know I am pretty great,” Minho joked, earning himself a slight poke into the side that caused him to giggle and break apart from Chan. “Now, let’s go to sleep, shall we? Because you look like you’re about to fall over from exhaustion,” he added.

“But what about the dishes?” Chan asked him, looking at the coffee table.

Minho pulled his wand from his pocket and flicked it once. Soon the dishes started to fly to the kitchen and clean themselves. “There we go,” Minho said with a pleased expression on his face.

Chan only chuckled at his boyfriend.

They washed up and headed to bed soon after, falling asleep cuddling with Lizzie squeezing herself in between them.